Votes: 13 25.0%
  • WCP

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • SO

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
Re: wc4

Originally posted by Col.Dom
On the topic of "new," Confed fighters, the Bearcat was nothing more than an Arrow with tachyon guns and an F-22 look to it. BOOOOOOORIIIIINNG!!

Since when is more protection bad?

BTW, I never had a problem with the guns, 'cause I played on Rookie mode...:D I did replace the Tigershark\Panther with the Bearcat during P, though...even played the final mission in one. :D
Okay, so it was an UPGRADED version, what's yer point?

Originally posted by NoRemorse
I hate bombers... I don't feel... "security" with them. Of course they have a lot of durasteel, but really dumb YPR statistics, and I hate planes which can't turn. And contrary to what WC games show, a bomber alone can't do anything... it just launch torpedoes that's all, and I prefer to let you guys fly with them...

See those things sticking out of the sides? They're called turrets. Use them or DIE. Something I learned a long time ago...about three monthes...

Originally posted by LeHah
You need a gunnery crew? ;)

But of course! :D
A Rapier can fly circles around a Broadsword... that's when a 360 degree firing arc comes in handy :)

--Eder

Most importantly, a Rapier can stay out of a Braodsword's weapon's range and the Broadsword never has the chance to close up.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yes, it would interest me too why you think that, since WC2 contains one of all-time favourites, the Rapier.

Is it again because the Epee is in it?
\

Wing commander 1 contains one of you your all time favorite: The Rapier.

i thought they all looked like crap, the broadsword having no afterburners was depressing, the epee was a joke, the ferret was the only good fighter fs. I hated the rapier in wc2 it was 100% pure wank, ugh. the one with the tactical nuke was alright i guess. but the rrest i hated. gimme a raptor anyday

I like the WC2 Rapier better than the WC1 Rapier, not only because she looks cooler.
The Broadsword having no AB, well, yes it's annyoing but she's a bomber after all. It was something new in the WC universe.

The Epee is fast, maneuverable and decently armed. And what the hell is wrong with the Rapier? Or the Sabre?

But I agree on the Raptor, she is my favourite WC1 fighter and one of all-time favourites.

Agreeing with Col.dom

The WC4 version.

Beside this: You must have much free time Col.dom. From Cadet to 1st Lt. in 18 days, wow!:D

Originally posted by Ghost And the Thunderbolt beats you two. :p
you like it cause of the rear turret when you run dont you? ;) jk mate. its a good ship, but a bit flimsy. i prefer light and fast myself, but dont get me wrong, thunderbolt packs a mean punch and i wub it

The arrow?

In WCIV I wish you had the CLOAKING arrow then it would be ok, otherwise the arrows SUCK not being able to carry heavy missiles
(hey no offence to the ImRec ok?)My most hated craft would be the ummm banshee, 4laser cannons SUCK!

Re: Agreeing with Col.dom

Originally posted by Lynx
Beside this: You must have much free time Col.dom. From Cadet to 1st Lt. in 18 days, wow!:D

Sheesh! I know, huh? I hadn't even known I made that many posts so quick! I think I get lost here....

eeeehh

Originally posted by dacis2
My most hated craft would be the ummm banshee, 4laser cannons SUCK!

The Banshee is a kickass ship. The four lasers do the job too, it has a good missile loadout and the fearsome scattercannon rules.

Re: The arrow?

Originally posted by dacis2
In WCIV I wish you had the CLOAKING arrow then it would be ok, otherwise the arrows SUCK not being able to carry heavy missiles

I'd rather be in an Arrow than a Thunderbolt VII or a Longbow. If you know how to dogfight, then you don't need a ton of missiles.

Thats a hard choice. The thunderbolt and the Arrow both have their own advantages, and i like both. I typically go with the Arrow though just because it is more manueverable.

Agreeing with Zor Prime

Yeah, in most occasions, speed and agility are more worth than brutal firepower. But I like the Thunderbolt too.

I dont remember getting out maneuvered (spelling) in an arrow, in WC3 the guns are mighty ok, even though i could use some more after awhile, i dont remember the loadout in wc4, but i hear it sucks :p

Back