Votes: 7 13.5%
  • WC4

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • WCP

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • SO

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
I'm with you, Ghost. Apart from the Vindicator and the Dragon (which is a super fighter, so it's kind of hard not to like it) I thought all the ships sucked. I mean, come on... Hellcats? Bearcats? Longbows?! Give me a break... no wonder I kicked Confed's ass big time! :)

--Eder

Tough call for me between WC3 and WC4. I was very disappointed that I could only fly Hellcats and Longbows for Confed (the two fighters I disliked most from WC3) but the fighters for the UBW were much more likeable (Banshee, Vindicator and Dragon and the Avenger was at laest more likeable than the Longbow).

In WC3 though I never really liked any of the ships, I found them all rather boring. Sure the Excalibur was nice and I flew good with the TBolt and the other fighters did their job as well (apart from the Hellcat maybe :) ) but I had no emotional link to them.

So I go with WC3 (if I get the opportunity to vote).

WC3 ships have got to be the most lightly armoured ships. Hull made out of paper-mash. I only liked 1 thing in WC3...1 on 1, me in a Longbow against the Dreadnought. It had no chance. The rear turrent gun was too powerful.

I HATED WCP ships, the fighters were way to specialized, something that didn't fit my style at all, the bombers moved like bricks (that is why I prefer the T-Bolt, it is a fighter bomber, could be used for either, same with the Morningstar and dragon and vindicator) which they are supposed to but they they had practically no afterburner fuel, something that is quite necessary for me.

agreeing with napoleon

The WCP bombers were sh**. Especially the Shrike. They should have taken over the Longbow instead of the Shrike.

I also disliked the WC4 Avenger and the Vindicator. The only things i liked on them were their stormfires. I don't like the Dragon too.

My favourites from all WC games I own are the (WC4) Banshee, Hellcat and Longbow, the (WCP) Panther and Vampire, and the (Priv) Centurion.

wc4

Sorry but I disagree with a good majority of you. I fell in love with the ships from WC3! The Hellcat will always be my favorite fighter of all [Wing Commander] time. I still can't figure out why you guys hate it so much... and the Longbow too...!

As for my reason disliking the WC4 ships? Well, I'm accustomed to seeing new fighters on Confed's side every sequal. I was in dismay to see I was flying the same ol' same ol' (and only two of 'em to boot)! I was a bit relieved to see a much cooler-painted Hellcat V but it was a bit disappointing that I got no new Confed fighters.

On the topic of "new," Confed fighters, the Bearcat was nothing more than an Arrow with tachyon guns and an F-22 look to it. BOOOOOOORIIIIINNG!!

As for the Union of Border Worlds? Ick! Those ships were downright junky and terrible (with my personal exception, the Banshee). Too much scrap, I say....

I've always liked the wc2 ships. Remember the ferret? No shields or armor what so ever, but man was that ship fast. And the Rapier. I just adored the saber and the morningstar. Broadsword was too slow, though. Or rather, too hard to maneuver. I often crashed into enemy capships after my bombing run in a broadswoard. Great armor and shields though.

humm, don't think a WC game has bad fighters... I saw the poll says that WC4 ones' were the worst... well, maybe because the UBW had not lots of credits to build fighters...

Originally posted by NoRemorse
humm, don't think a WC game has bad fighters... I saw the poll says that WC4 ones' were the worst... well, maybe because the UBW had not lots of credits to build fighters...

But flying with Hellcats and Longbows.....
doesn´t add too much to the fun

The Longbow wasn't that bad. Its guns had quite a big punch, and it had a good missile loadout plus it handeled a bit better than the Avenger.

Yes, but for me it wasn´t fun to play with the Longbow or the Hellcat again, and the BW fighters don´t have that appeal that other fighters have.

You guys got it right... Shrike bad, Ferret good! WC2 has the best ships, IMO... Ferrets, Sabres, Broadswords, and Morningstars, what more could you ask for? :D

--Eder

I hate bombers... I don't feel... "security" with them. Of course they have a lot of durasteel, but really dumb YPR statistics, and I hate planes which can't turn. And contrary to what WC games show, a bomber alone can't do anything... it just launch torpedoes that's all, and I prefer to let you guys fly with them...

Originally posted by Ghost
But flying with Hellcats and Longbows.....
doesn´t add too much to the fun

At least Hellcats and Longbows LOOK like they belong in the atmosphere they're in. I still can't really swallow the pill of WC:p's fighter designs.

This question's tricky. Each WC had some fighters I liked and some I disliked. Hmmmm... I'm leaning toward WC1 since that only had the Raptor. I didn't really like the other three. But its not like there's a big gap between the games.

As for all those people whining about how the bombers can't turn, well there's a reason for that. They're BOMBERS. They bomb. They turn capships to slag. Messing with fancy smancy fighters is what fighter jocks are for. Having a fighter like the Vindicator, which can turn while carrying a respectable torp load is just crazy.

Back