• WC4

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • WCP

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • SO

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Talyn 83
Man, what ship can be a problem in the devestator. Just take your time, line 'em up in your sights, and kaboom. Space dust.
No problem. Even though ya did need to shoot twice for the devil's ray (that's probably the only thing that made it stronger.

The problem being that the Devil Ray is a hell of alot more manouverable than a Devastator, and so therefore not only with the Devastators devestating :)D) rate of pitch/turn/roll, but also the plasmas slow rate of fire, made is damn hard to hit the speedy Devil Ray.

Boost your shield-wep-engine ratio to 50-33-17 and yer front-back shielding to 65-35, wait for the devil's ray to turn to you, and when yer face to face:

*waves his hand*

bye-bye buggie-boy.:cool:

Originally posted by Talyn 83
Boost your shield-wep-engine ratio to 50-33-17 and yer front-back shielding to 65-35, wait for the devil's ray to turn to you, and when yer face to face:

*waves his hand*

bye-bye buggie-boy.:cool:

Only one problem with that, there's usually other ships attacking me as well as the Devil Ray so I don't have time to mess around lining up shots! :rolleyes:

However in a 1-on-1 situation, yeah bye-bye :cool:

So? Let the turrets handle 'em. I mean, If ever there was a flyin' freakin' fortress, the Devestator was it. I never once got shot down in one of those ships.

BTW, i'm not a devestator fan myself, after all I'm a speed-junkie, BABY!
On that note: Is anybody else jealous of seether on account of him being the only one able to do that mine-afterburner detonate-ride the wave with ultimate speed-thingy?
:D

Why should I be jealous? I mean, IRL, he would probably fly rings around everyone on this board, so the least of my worries is him pulling a mine-n-ride.

No, I mean: wouldn't you like to be able to do that too (in de game, that is. In real life, ya'd have explosive diarrhoea, I would imagine)

diarrhoea,chachacha,diarrhoea,chachacha

Originally posted by Shane
For the aces, wasn't the AI supposed to be better on them? I'm not sure about the Devil Ray, I rememeber the darn thing as being very manuverable and could shake missles if you fired them too far off.

I liked to fight the Devil Rays, it added something to the game, i just think it would have been a lot better if there were more of them, look at the ease with which morays and mantas are destroyed.
when i read the fiction that ent with the guide i had the impression the nephilim were a virtually unstoppable force and that humanity was totally outclassed, it was quite disappointing that you could mow enemies down like ripe wheat
I can't see how the nephs' managed to decimate so many planets when their standard fighters (morays & mantas) are destroyed so easily, but if the standard fighter was a Devil Ray, I could imagine a swarm of those sweeping everything infront of them from space.:eek:

BTW : WOOOOP!!!! WOOOOP!!!! i was browsing e-bay and I saw this little item, the "Buy It Now" price is only $175 which seems a bit low, but still, it is KS. I would get it myself, but it is US residents only, here is the address

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1296881113

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
(...) Were any of the WC1-4 aces *really* tougher, or were they just scary?

The only difference for the WC1/2 aces I experienced was that they seemed to have more hit points than the regular type of ship they fly. And cooler insults. :)

The WC3 Kilrathi aces had those cool paintings and at least different weapons than the standard variant.

But you're right, they weren't particulary hard compared to their lesser fellows.

whats your reasoning behind that, i am not saying you are wrong, but a broad statement like that needs some back up fella.:)

Yes, it would interest me too why you think that, since WC2 contains one of all-time favourites, the Rapier.

Is it again because the Epee is in it?

I'm intrigued by that statement too. I think most people love the Sabre, Ferret, and Morningstar... and even the Broadsword and Rapier, in some of the weirder cases like me and Mekt, respectively :D

--Eder

That's not weird, liking the Rapier. she's fast, maneuverable and has good firepower with decent protection.And she looks so good. :cool:

Now, liking the Broadsword of course, that's just sick.. ;) :p

Well, I have to agree with you there, the Rapier does look great. As for decent protection, though... I'd feel safer floating in space on an ejection seat. Oh, wait, that's where I end up most of the times I fly a Rapier anyway :p

--Eder

Since you agree that the Rapier looks great I will refrain from hauling insults at you concerning your flying style... :) ;)

Loved the Rapier in WC1 (who didn't?).
Hated it in WC2. Reminded me too much of flying the old Scimitar when compared with all of the newer, more up to date fighters in that game. The itty-bitty windshield didn't help much, either.
Still, I did enjoy seeing the old fighter in the game. I was always disappointed that they didn't put any WC2 fighters in WC3 (maybe the Crossbow or the Morningstar).

I liked the Raptor better than the WC1 Rapier. And I really don't see why the Rapier should look outdated in WC2, except maybe for the lack of ITTS.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Since you agree that the Rapier looks great I will refrain from hauling insults at you concerning your flying style...

Why, thank you, warrior. :cool:

However, I'd like to stress the fact that I could kick Kilrathi ass all around the galaxy in a Broadsword... if I had a gunnery crew, of course. :D

--Eder

I'd really love now to fight a theoretical battle, you in your Broadsword and me in my Rapier but sadly I have work to do.
It'll have to wait...(the fight).

Originally posted by Eder
However, I'd like to stress the fact that I could kick Kilrathi ass all around the galaxy in a Broadsword... if I had a gunnery crew, of course.

You need a gunnery crew? ;)

Back