Where are You?

Pearl City, Hawaii. Suberb of Honolulu, where the ADB conference was held (you may have heard something about it ;)) and Capital of the Universe (in Starship Troopers, at least)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I'm from Germany too, I live in Wiesbaden. There are (or at least were) some Germans here.

Weisbaden? There's a ship in WC named after there! And, if I'm correct, a german warship from WWI (haven't been able to find it yet...:()

[Edited by Bob McDob on 05-30-2001 at 01:36]

Well they do film a lot of stuff in Toronto... They used to film X-Files there until Duchovony made them stop.

Nap, Weasel lives in a little town called Lake View.

I live in Buffalo, New York, a few miles north of Weasel and an half an hour's drive to Niagra Falls, and about an hour away from Toronto.

[Edited by Meson on 05-30-2001 at 03:11]

I am from...

I am, ashamed to say, Dutch.

Proud to say that I'm probably the only Dutchie on this damn planet who wears a Pilgrim Cross :-D

Dutchies will once conquer the USA... I just know it :-D

Did this make any sense?? Naaaahhh..

TC, you've never heard Toronto refered to as the Centre of the Universe? It doesn't matter, never mind.

They did film X-Files in Vancouver. They film alot of things in Toronto because it can be made to pass for a city like New York or Detroit in movies, but it is much cheaper to film in Canada, what with the dollar and everything.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Well they do film a lot of stuff in Toronto... They used to film X-Files there until Duchovony made them stop.

Yeah, Vancouver. The show was better when they filmed up there. More gloomy, not eternally sunny like it is when they film in LA. Damn Duchovney. ;)

There's an old saying from my hometown of Edmonton:
What keeps Canada together is that everybody hates Ontario
What keeps Ontario together is that everybody hates Toronto
And what keeps Toronto together is that everybody hates Bay Street

And Ghost, I have no idea what you're talking about:
"In wich year transcurs Starship Troopers ????"

Originally posted by bw_dave
Hey Stormin - I've been to Port Alberni! I love Canada, its a beautiful country ... and lots of good ski hills :)

did you come here before or after the pulp mill stopped stinking :D

That's an everywhere there's a paper mill thing. We have a lot around here, Georgia Pacific making paper and all. Fortunately none within 50 miles of my house....

Back