What's More Impressive?

Let's not forget that the Kilrathi fleet in WC3 was much larger than the fleet at the BoT. There were more than one dreadnoughts, many fleet carriers, the Hakaga class carriers (even if they didn't finish building the rest of them they had two left from the BoT), cruisers and other smaller ships. Meanwhile Confed has been losing ships left and right. The Excal would be a small advantage (it probably wouldn't have a cloack either, that tech was still new to Confed while Kilrathi had Strakhas), but it wasn't even mass produced yet, and some Kilrathi fighters like the Vaktoh could have taken them out if piloted by somone good.

Some carefully planned assaults backed with cap ship missiles could repel the assault.

But the Kilrathi can plan well too. Thrak, although an ignorant SOB, learns from his mistakes. And the Kilrathi have capship missiles too, ones that cloack even.

And one last point, Confed also had an advantage of Tolwyns briliant command. I'm sure that under anyone else the fleet would be destroyed when they first engaged at Sirius. Maybe they would engage the Kilrahti even earlier, after seeing the colonies destroyed some other Admiral could have broken down.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 07, 2000).]

Why assume only one admiral can do a job like that?

The galaxy is a big place, home to billions, perhaps trillions of humans, big enough a place for many, many fine commanders.

Confed just didn't have much of a chance, they were badly outnumbered and production wasn't quite what the Kilrathi had at the time, if it was I doubt the cats would have been predicted to walk on the Earth in 6 mo. or less.

The false peace and the battles shortly after just did too much to damage moral and production. When those inner colonies or homeworlds were nuked that had a big impact that they might not have recovered from even by 2681.

But a lot of important Admirals were killed when the bomb exploded in Confed HQ.

Confed just didn't have much of a chance, they were badly outnumbered and production wasn't quite what the Kilrathi had at the time, if it was I doubt the cats would have been predicted to walk on the Earth in 6 mo. or less.

Actualy, it was because of the false peace. If Confed wouldn't start disarming the navy, pulling out reactors from capships, including carriers and getting rid of a lot of good people they would have much higher chances against the Kilrathi. The cats wouldn't have time to complete the new carriers. It wasn't because Confed production was behind the Kilrathi but because the Confeds were stupid enough to belive the cats.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Yeah, but when Admirals get killed they have no one to blame but themselves... They can't say 'I was ordered to go to that meeting that got blown up'... THey can't say it mostly because they're dead, but that isn't the point (actually it basically was
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, you seem to forget that Confed has Blair. Since Blair is controlled by the player, he could singlehandedly destroy the entire Kilrathi fleet in a battered old Scimitar (but not a Dralthi
wink.gif
)...

Quarto, I belive Blair was injured before the battle of Terra. He was recovering from that injury for six months and than was assigned to the Victory.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Blair could do it in anything (not the Epee... that dosn't count as a thing) because the player gets as many retries as he wants.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

The REAL question is if the Epee will survive long enough to make a torp run. Fighter cover of a capship would destroy the Eppes very fast. I gues Confed learned it's lesson, and doesen't use Epees after WC2.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm [b]The REAL question is if the Epee will survive long enough to make a torp run. Fighter cover of a capship would destroy the Eppes very fast. I gues Confed learned it's lesson said:
//www.wcnews.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]
The problem is lack of real visibility I mean the eyestrain is enormous
eek.gif

The Epee would be easily destroyed by most Kilrathi fighters. Visibility isn't realy bad in the Epee, not realy better than any ships in WC2. Though I have the KS version, so I don't have to have a cockpit.
cool.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Then you should really be able to break a few tails with your boot.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 09, 2000).]

Not really I have pretty strong opinions
tongue.gif

Even Jazz could fly an Epee. He couldn't take out a whole fleet, but maybe a fighter squad or two.

That's definately not playing fair
tongue.gif

Try that in WC4! You so much as scratch a floating bolt in space and you're going to blow up.
eek.gif

maybe the settings reverted but I know I had collisions off for certain, I don't normally fly with invul so I wouldn't know for absolute certain it was on or notbut I did activate it.

Back