What's More Impressive?

What's with this obsession with Frosty, people? I mean, is your life so empty that revolves entirely around one kid who happens to be vocal about his opinions? Sheesh.

As for Earthworm, well, to put it bluntly you're all being freaking idiots. Earthworm doesn't have any special powers or access, either to the CZ or the entire CIC site.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited February 04, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
When Weps officers (this one on an SSBN who was at Sub School for shore duty) set the password as "password", on the NT workstation in their assigned office, it's not really surprising that government systems can be cracked. (note the proper terminology)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I've seen Frosty, he's around, don't worry about it.

Quarto: I'm not in the same time zone as the chat zone... I'm PST they're EST.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Back to the original topic
smile.gif

I always wondered how the massed Confed fleet was so rapidly defeated or bypassed by the Kilrathi armada.

It occured to me that either the armada jumped directly to Earth, thereby getting ahead of the Confeds, which were using a "backdoor" to Kilrah, or the lack of heavy carriers in the Terran fleet put it at a huge disadvantage against a fleet with several of the dreadnoughts(highly powerful regardly of it's size, which we won't get into), heavy carriers, and possibly other lighter CVEs of CVLs.

Looked to me all the Confed fleet had was deystoyers, cruisers, and light carriers. I can't even imagine the condition of the fleet fighting such a battle.

I'm surprised the Kilrathi amassed the fleet in one system rather than keep the Terrans out of their space like the raids into Ariel, Hellespont, and Kilrah.

Maybe if they weren't what I seem to think as arrogant, the Excaliburs might have not made it into the Kilrah system. Then again, the humans might have just equiped the fighters with cloaks earlier. I see no reason why they wouldn't work. I mean IMO, the cloak wasn't supposed to be used more than once becuase of the need for power to get away from Kilrah going up, so it was thus coded not to work more than once.

The cloak did work more than once. You could switch it on during flight, and then switch it on again when you went planetside.
And, the Kilrathi were gathering their fleet in orbit of their homeworld. It wasn't that they were (or weren't) arrogant. It's just that the Excalibur took them by surprise. Remember, that if you don't use the cloak, you will be swarmed under by Kilrathi fighters during that final mission.

It worked more than once, but only because of a bug. When you get to the planet everything is reset. Like you're guns, if you set them on full they will switch back to the first gun. Or like with the decoys, you can use all of them in space, and when you get to the planet you have a full load of them. The cloack doesen't work two times if you try to use it in space.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

"It worked more then once because of a bug"

Whoa... You mean there were Nephilem in WC 3?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though. A bug it may have been, but a very convenient one
smile.gif

Whoa... You mean there were Nephilem in WC 3?

Where have you been? Of course there were Nephilim in WC3. Who do you think killed Cobra and then framed Hobbes for that? Who do you think brain washed Hobbes so he would escape to the Kilrathi?

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

It might be a bug but I think it should work until you leave back for space, in which time you have no control

I though I remembered being pursued by Ekapshi while cloaked, that's right it does work, sometimes at least.

Death's Head: I've wondered about the same thing myself. If a weakened Confed fleet could stop the Kilrathi in the BoT than the fleet of ships we see in WC3 could conceivably have held the massed Kilrathi fleet. I mean a single fighter can take out a Kilrathi dreadnought for crying out loud. And if that doesn't work we can just land some marines with mines like last time
wink.gif

------------------
Aide: "Still trying to decide on whether or not to buy the 28 F-16 jet fighters?"
Politician: "Yes."
Aide: "This should help you make your mind. Fuel prices have gone up again."
The Politician by David Fletcher.

But the Confed fleet was also weakend in in the BoT. There were only three fleet carriers left IIRC (Concordia was later destroyed though), the shipyards on the moon were destroyed, many colonies with military outposts of varying sizes destroyed, and Confed only won because of Thrakhaths ignorance. He underestimated us, my guess is he wouldn't do that again.

I mean a single fighter can take out a Kilrathi dreadnought for crying out loud.

I hope you're joking. Of course a fighter can't destroy a dreadnought. It would take a full scale attack by fighter/bomber wings and some heavy battle ships.

And if that doesn't work we can just land some marines with mines like last time.

Again I hope you're just joking.
biggrin.gif
Don't forget how many marines were lost during that battle. %90 IIRC, and they had to send tons of private ships and marine LCs. Thrak though those were just diversions and concentrated on the fighters, again, he wouldn't make a mistake like that again.

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 06, 2000).]

fortunately, Thrak is dead and well so are most of the Dreadnoughts presumably.

But if all conditions were satisfied, sabotage or distuction through fighters would be tough, but then some people claim to have shot up the dreadnought so bad it blew up in their faces, but I feel if a ship like that wanted you dead, you would be just that.

Like the Victory in Ariel, the ship would jink causing you to crash inside the ship if it couldn't shoot you down, btw I don't think the encounter in Proxima was a real show of what the ship can do to an Excalibur.

Kinda off topic but has someone switched the Fralthra and Kamekh pictures in the ships database under WC2?

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 06, 2000).]

Earthworm: You've presented some good arguments but still I think the Confed fleet could've held the Kilrathi. A well fought rear guard action (mining both sides of the jump points, carefully executed ambushes plus the superiority of the Excalibur over anything the Kilrathi had) would've cut down the # of defending cap ships. Some carefully planned assaults backed with cap ship missiles could repel the assault. Sure Confed would sustain crippling losses but it could be done.

------------------
Aide to politician: "Are you sure you want to go ahead with this ban on smoking in eateries?
It'll put you in a no-win situation.
Either way smokers end up fuming in restaurants."
The Politician by David Fletcher.

Back