What would you like to see on the Chatzone?

Oh... well I guess I haven't been there in awhile, I seem to remember it like this. Oh well, I'm sorry then, I was wrong.

I guess this is where new smilies would come in handy:
BlueTeamEnforcer.gif

(we'll have to that into careful consideration)

A smiley that captures the first person subconscious/narrative/voiceover perspective, currently indicated by :: brackets::, as seen below:

:: summons his best Elvis impersonation::

"Thankya, thankya verramuch, ladies and gentlemen..."

I would like to the posts the other way around; instead of the 1st post being on page 3 (or whatever page), the 1st post should be at the beggining (top of the page) of the 1st page.

Michael

Originally posted by mmitchell86
I would like to the posts the other way around.
That can't be changed for individuals, it's the way the board's made.

Originally posted by mmitchell86
...the 1st post should be at the beginning (top of the page) of the 1st page.
Who says it "should"? It's your opnion that it "should". I say it shouldn't. Who's right? Both of us? Neither? Don't say things should be this way or that way, just say your opinion and leave it that.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Who says it "should"? It's your opnion that it "should". I say it shouldn't. Who's right? Both of us? Neither? Don't say things should be this way or that way, just say your opinion and leave it that.

Of course it's his opinion... why else would he be posting it? He was saying what he would like to see on the Chatzone, in a thread about that topic...

CIC Chat Zone Thread Generator Script - version 1.0

Code:
For count = 1 to 100

if count is uneven
      post "I want post order to be an option."
  else
      post "The post order can't be an option, the board is made that way."
  end if

next

Now that we've established that post order won't ever be an option, unless the board maker (vbulletin.com) adds this feature, can we please get some realistic suggestions?

Okay, I have a petty request - is it reasonable to return the time between posts to 60 seconds? I still don't like waiting all the time just because I type a little too fast. Like now.

I've gotta agree with Wedge on that one. Drives me nuts to wait 2 minutes when I have something relatively important(at least it seems important in my own little world) to say...

The minimum time between posts is 90 seconds, and we're still seeing occasional double posts. (amazingly, sometimes within one minute)

If the IP can be hidden from view for regular visitors but still be visible to admins, I'll make that change.

[Edit: can't do this without having to follow a link to see the IP. And having them displayed publically has proven very useful in the past.]

Originally posted by KrisV
The minimum time between posts is 90 seconds, and we're still seeing occasional double posts. (amazingly, sometimes within one minute)

If the IP can be hidden from view for regular visitors but still be visible to admins, I'll make that change.

[Edit: can't do this without having to follow a link to see the IP. And having them displayed publically has proven very useful in the past.]

The double posts sometimes happens if someone clicks again on the submit reply button (usually done because it's going slowly or doesn't seem to be doing anything)

At least, that's my experience on these types of board.

Back