What would you like to see on the Chatzone?

If you like rafting and kayaking, Alpinism (sp) Argentina and Chile are very good (Argentina is cheaper).
If you like the beach go to Brazil

Originally posted by Maniac II
LOL! that was good man! :D, but im serious i would like to go to S. America... does anyone here that lives in SA have any ideas were i should visit if i did go (oh ya, sorry admin... i know this is WAY off topic) :D

Rio de Janeiro, Brazilian NorthEast, Northern Brazil, Chile... Peru, And maybe argentina too. ehehehe.

I live in Rio, which is about as far from the Rain Forest as San Francisco is from New York... We do have forests 'round here, but they're quite different from the Amazon. It's called atlantic forest, and it rules.

Originally posted by Preacher
Pshaw, I don't catch The Simpsons (FOX station in my area doesn't come in too well). I know this due to my sister-in-law is Brazilian. Her & my bro are trilingual (English/Spanish/Portugese). Me, I only speak English & Spanish.

Cool. She's probably good looking, hehehehe. If you speak spanish, it is easy to learn/understand portuguese. And italian. French is a bit harder.

Lemme see... I speak/read/write portuguese and english fluently... I can speak spanish enough to communicate in trips. And I'm studying italian, for I happen to be an italian citizen too. Most everyone I know who's middle class or better can speak at least english. It's funny, but the majority of the people in Rio can't speak spanish simply because we're so far from the frontier (and therefore the spanish speaking countries of SA) that we really don't need to.

Aynways, these 3 latin languages (portuguese, italian & spanish) are similar enough that, if you can speak one, it's easy to learn the others.

Yeah
Banana no tein carozo,mas tein filhamento grosso

That is what 2 girls told me when i went to Camboriu in the 90s

Originally posted by Ghost
If you like rafting and kayaking, Alpinism (sp) Argentina and Chile are very good (Argentina is cheaper).
If you like the beach go to Brazil

You know, Rio de Janeiro is the world's capital of urban climbing... Almost any outdoors sport that doesn't involve snow can be practiced quite well in Rio de Janeiro State. Mountain biking, trekking, climbing, surfing, kite-surfing, kayking (white water and sea) and the list goes on and on...

The city is beautiful, big, lot's of stuff to do and people to know.

And we speak portuguese.

Originally posted by Ghost
Yeah
Banana no tein carozo,mas tein filhamento grosso

That is what 2 girls told me when i went to Camboriu in the 90s

Ahahahahahaha, that's so silly. was that 'sposed to be portuguese?? ehehehe

Camboriu is nice, btw.

The only reason i dont take spanish in school... is because i know like 3 people that come from spanish speaking countries that could teach me if i asked real nicely :D

Back