What would you like to see on the Chatzone?

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
Hey all,

We're looking for a bit of feedback on this one.. we've just invested in a nice new server so now we can afford to do a few things which we couldn't before.

So.. what features would you like to see available here? Perhaps you've seen something on another board that you'd like to see here, or perhaps you'd like the pink color scheme and anime avatars back. Let us know.

We can't promise to implement everything suggested, but we'll do our best to consider everything.

I guess it depends on the type of forum this is (I'm not really a tech type). On one of the other boards(it's a Vbulletin one) I'm a member of they have:-

Private messaging (which has it's useful moments)

You can directly upload images of under 50k rather than remote link them (But with the number of members here, that would probably be almost suicidal for bandwidth reasons?)

They've got a fair few more smilies (about 100 or so) which can be mental.

But the most useful thing is a search list which gives results of threads only posted in since you last visited

:)

It's a vBulletin.

Private Messaging and Uploads can be considered.

More smilies: I guess we can look for more.

The search option: I've never seen that before, and I don't think it's a standard option anywhere. Have you got a link?

Oh. I'll look through our templates then. Could be that a link was removed when we disabled the search.

Originally posted by KrisV
It's a vBulletin.

Private Messaging and Uploads can be considered.

More smilies: I guess we can look for more.

The search option: I've never seen that before, and I don't think it's a standard option anywhere. Have you got a link?

Sure (the link is in the top right corner). The general link behind the button is the same as TC listed

http://www.cityofangelus.com/forums/index.htm

Wow, I'm so excited. I clicked on the search button.. But now I can't think of anything to search for. :(

Its a great feature...I found my first post!!!!!

Icant thing of anything else

Yeahyeah, Private Messaging! Good! More smilies might be welcome too. The Independence War BBs use some site... I don't have the URL, though.

You could enable the "delete thread" function for the thread starter, up to, say, 30 minutes after the thread is posted. It would be useful sometimes, like today when someone double posted a "favorite WC1 fighter" thread in the General Chat Zone.

You could make the thread arranged so that the first message is listed first and not the other way around.

It is nice to see immediately if a reply to your last message came, but it's very confusing when you want to see the first post.

It would be far better to do it top to bottom, first post to last.

Other things would be the ability to delete your own posts. C'mon? I can see why you wouldn't give me the ability to delete other's posts, but if I post something royally stupid or make a huge blunder, I want to be able to undo it.

Having an unlimited time to be able to edit my messages would also be good. Sometimes I just post my message without previewing it when I'm in a hurry, and miss a trivial error I made, that while trivial, makes me look like an idiot. The problem is I often spot the error in this circumstance after the 90-minute period and I find out I can't correct it.

-Concordia

Originally posted by Concordia

Other things would be the ability to delete your own posts. C'mon? I can see why you wouldn't give me the ability to delete other's posts, but if I post something royally stupid or make a huge blunder, I want to be able to undo it.

-Concordia

And miss the fun?

Originally posted by Concordia
You could make the thread arranged so that the first message is listed first and not the other way around.

It is nice to see immediately if a reply to your last message came, but it's very confusing when you want to see the first post.

It would be far better to do it top to bottom, first post to last.

I don't know.... I think it's probably easier for regular posters this way, but I can definately see how it could be annoying for new people.

That's exactly why you can't. We don't want people to fuck something up, get replied to, and then delete it and deny it ever happened... Especially if they delete it before an Admin sees it. Then it's just difficult to deal with.

Having an unlimited time to be able to edit my messages would also be good. Sometimes I just post my message without previewing it when I'm in a hurry, and miss a trivial error I made, that while trivial, makes me look like an idiot. The problem is I often spot the error in this circumstance after the 90-minute period and I find out I can't correct it.

Same deal as above.

Originally posted by TC
I don't know.... I think it's probably easier for regular posters this way, but I can definately see how it could be annoying for new people.

Or merely if you're just using any other forums/newsgroups often and have to transition back and forth every day.

maybe have the option to view the posts how you want them (order, number of posts per page, etc.)

And e-mail activation would be nice.

Also more smilies, more expression is always good.

You can set the number of posts per page in your user control panel (user cp link at the top).

Post order can't be a user option because the board software doesn't include this. I've told you this before.

sorry. But it seems to me like my previous example of this option (Lancers Reactor) uses the same software. Or at least they're VERY similar. Is it a different product?

Back