What WC4 needed

Yeh Panther threatens Maniac, indirectly...I think it depends on which system you choose to fight in, when Wilfred gives you the choice. If you take on Panther's side, you'll go to Circe and later on she says that bit about Maniac who has problems understanding the words "no and not interested".

And in WCP, I thought that the main romance was going to be between Stiletto and Casey, and that Casey has some flings with the Lt Commander and Rachel, even though both are probably old enough to be his mother

It is implied fairly strongly that Vagabond dies the same way regardless of where you defect. Look at Maniac in the scene when Eisen tells you that they lost Vagobond. It is apparent that they had that card game either way

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
It is implied fairly strongly that Vagabond dies the same way regardless of where you defect. Look at Maniac in the scene when Eisen tells you that they lost Vagobond. It is apparent that they had that card game either way

Not really -- quoth Paulsen "Good news, Colonel: During the last mission, another squadron of ours 'dispatched' one of those defectors."

Originally posted by Shane
I think her bio with that info is in the WCIV strategy guide. I think she considers killing Kilrathi and killing innocent humans two very different things. I know that look you are talking about Col. Dom.

I was mistaken, at least I didn't see the run off with pirates info in my WCIV guide. Not sure where I saw it. I thumbed through the novel last night but didn't see it there, was it a scene in the game? Am I losing my mind since I'm replying to myself?

Tamara Farnsworth & the Privateers

Catchy title, eh?

Well, anyway- I think it is in an FMV sequence that she mentions running off with pirates and looting and frying furballs. IIRC, she tells you all about herself in the galley if you defect the first time.

Since I love Confed, I rarely defect the first chance because I try being truthful with all my FMV decisions. Unfortunately, that leads me to the "Tyrant Blair," ending in WC4....

But as for the romantic interest in WC4... I agree that Blair had a thing for Sosa. The plucky colonel was a little flirtatious early on with her and was visibly hurt/bothered when he saw Catscratch & Sosa being all cuddly.

... he shoulda' stuck with Flint....

THAT is What WC4 Needed....

Oh, yeah....

Thanks, Shane :D :D :D

Although it's not very flattering for her. Tis good enough, though!

[PS Apologies to anyone that has been offended/upset/hurt/emotionally scarred or what-have-you by these last few posts regarding Panther's "features," & stuff]

I would have still liked Rachel and Blair to get back together. I was a little creeped out with her and Casey. Not as badlay as Anakin and Padme in Phantom Menace, since at least Casey has gotten most of the way through puberty, but still...

Meh. I don't think true love is in Blair's future. He's got a 0 for what... 2, 3? I'm not saying he should give up, but I just don't think he's the kind of guy who can live in a relationship when he's not fighting a war. His relationship with Jeanette probably only worked because he spent most of his time missing her, and he needed someone to attach himself to that could help him to forget the agonies that come with fighting a war as long as he had been.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
His relationship with Jeanette probably only worked because he spent most of his time missing her, and he needed someone to attach himself to that could help him to forget the agonies that come with fighting a war as long as he had been.
Or it could be that she was the only one for him, and some lingering agony from losing her is the monkey wrench thrown into the works of his subsequent relationships.

We can't know for sure.

Originally posted by Frosty
Or it could be that she was the only one for him, and some lingering agony from losing her is the monkey wrench thrown into the works of his subsequent relationships.

Be careful Frosty, or folks will think you've developed a softer side :)

I imagine I'm overly sentimental when it comes Blair and Rachel. I was actually the rebound guy for my wife when we started dating. We were in college and she had dated this other guy since she was in High school and they had been engaged. She broke up with him on her Birthday in May and said she would go out with the next guy she knew who came to the door. All that summer she insisted I was just the rebound guy and not to get too attached to her. That was the summer of 1991.

Rachel may very well have been too soon after Angel, but I never liked her that much, so I had trouble seeing what Blair saw in her.

Back