WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

I was giggling like a little girl when I played the review of this mod some days ago. So much awesome, it's hard to imagine it's 'just a mod' (more like a total conversion).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kR5nHAz-sY So I recorded some action with fraps and slapped them together in a vid (I'm not a pro video editor, bear with me =P ).

Awesome work you did so far Aaron!

I'd almost forgotten about this mod in all the excitement with Arena. I'm getting a hand me down XP laptop in a week or two so I'll finally be able to join in on this mod, Saga and Standoff again!

Keep up the good work too, can't wait for the next update.

hi ppl,
AI is literally translating into anti-intelligence. now its not so much a problem with getting the AI to react, its more of a problem getting the AI to recognize a third race. this isn't impossible it's just that sometimes HW2 is a complete *****. my focus is primarily getting the third race running. sadly time on the mod is much less now with work load at the office being really nuts the past month. in the meantime i have some images to share. i was planning to release this at a later date and hopefully alongside another full release of a mod but for now since the wc4 mod is barely complete the wc3 mod i had planned will be shelved for some time. hope ppl enjoy the pics.

please note the FOLLOWING PICS ARE NOT OF A MOD IN PRODUCTION RIGHT NOW. I will probably get to this only AFTER the wc4 mod is complete. enjoy :)

chris, sorry these images aren't full res like you asked, i had made them quite some time ago. sorry, hope it isn't a nuisance. :)

Hey Czacen

Beautiful models and a great update, as per your usual. You spoil us with every new post!

However, theres two small problems.

1.) http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss0005layer5uf9.jpg

The fighter craft in the back are Ekapshi - which are atmosphere only fighters.

2.) LOAF pointed out to me that the "Strakha model is Stralker's special one". That is - it has ace markings on it, instead of a generic fighter.

Thought you should take these under advisement - but by god your modeling is inspirational.

hi lehah where have you been?? i know the ekapshi is atmospheric but i stuck it in for the fun of it. plus all ships have ace versions and normal version ready, look closely you will see both in the images, except the vaktoth :)

hi lehah where have you been?

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you after your last PM. Things have been exceptionally busy of late - though I think you know all about that yourself!

I haven't had a chance to play the WC4 mod in forever, as Weasel (whom I had been test with originally) has fell off the face of the earth. I've also had connection problems with HW2 for reasons I can't figure out.

czacen Looking good m8. :D clad to see that the cats finaly mode a way to the this mod :D. As for the third race problem there are alot of mods that have them in it. the starwars mod is one.

cant wait to see more progress :D

Nice Video Spoon!
Thank you :)

and dang the cats are looking awesome. Like others said before me, your modeling is godlike!
On the subject of a third race. Is that also the reason why I can't select the black lance in the preview mod? It shoves me right back to the desktop.

Is that also the reason why I can't select the black lance in the preview mod? It shoves me right back to the desktop.

The released version is still an alpha and the Black Lance weren't even close to finished at the time. All we know of it are some beautiful pictures posted earlier in this thread.

Great work, Aaron. The texturing and attention to detail is amazing. The Kat Heavy Destroyer looks particularly menacing! :D

How will the differentiation between Standard and Ace variants work? Will there be a research upgrade required to purchase "Ace" versions or will they just be more expensive?

Cheers,

Bryn

hey guys....well i really dont want to get on your nerves....but is anybody playin online? -.-
ive been lookin 4 ages for somebody to play with....i only want to enjoy that awesome mod against real players...
yeah...and by the way...the cats model's are damn hot!
cheers

Back