WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

hey guys....well i really dont want to get on your nerves....but is anybody playin online? -.-
ive been lookin 4 ages for somebody to play with....i only want to enjoy that awesome mod against real players...
yeah...and by the way...the cats model's are damn hot!
cheers

Hey, I’m going to install this mod (finally) right now, I’m looking for some one to play against, if you are interested

Hey guys, I ran into a problem; I downloaded the preview but it doesn’t install the game… every time I tried, it just launched HW2; I installed warlords and worked fine… any idea? :confused:

hi everyone just catching up on the forums today. luxchamp i apologize for not getting to your PM sooner. i cant seem to understnag the error properly since its in german. however are you sure both you and the person you were trying to play with were running 1.1 of hw2? i think the best way to treat these problems and quite a few others would be for me to play against a few ppl online too. im going to see if i can get anyone to play against righ now :)

Houkiboshi here are the install instructions,

How to install:

1)Download the wc4.exe file from filefront
2)copy the wc4.exe file into the following folder ($:\homeworld2\bin\release\) where $:\ is whatever drive and path you installed homeworld2 on.
3)run the wc4.exe file - a loader will open up, click the launch button - it will take a few minutes to unpack all resources and will automatically run homeworld2 and the mod.
4)enjoy.

ok where are all the hw2 mod players? :) cant find anyone? do you guys connect direct ip to ip or through gamespy? can we put together a full game plan and have like a nice 6 player duke out? id even like to make a lobby for just WC4 multiplayer online so this searching would be easier. anyone know how to set it up?

ok where are all the hw2 mod players?

The only person who I played with was mercury, and he's been very, very absent of late. I dont even have his email.

However, we could take a tally of people on here that are able to play the mod and we can then arrange a date to play on.

czacen i will try to be online this evening at about 8.00 (GMT +1.00)...
i reinstalled everything, re-d/l'ed the mod, and i hope it'll work this time...

btw, you can reach me on xfire (my nickname is luxchamp), or live messnger under repleetha@hotmail.com (i think this may be the only plaqce where ppl won't ask me why i have such an email adress ;) )

Keep in mind that czacen is on a totally different time zone than most of us (India?).

ok ppl my time zone is GMT +5:30 i think its best that we designate a time to meet in GMT time directly so everyone can just add or subtract and figure out if the time is ok for them. How about a game today at 18:30 GMT. im guessing that tomorrow is saturday and ppl have the day off so we can be up late or early depending.

so 18:30 GMT would mean 12pm here for me
luxchamp it will be 19:30 for you since ur GMT +1.00
lehah whats the timezone in blackmane? ;) i shouldnt be asking considering my profile says the same thing :D

anyboy else want to sign up for a beta multiplayer game test? also if anybody would prefer to set a different time just post it here so everyone can check if its ok with them. thanks ppl. looking forward to it :)

Cool, I should hopefully be able to make it later today. Are we all going to meet up in the integrated (via GameSpy) multiplayer lobby? My nick will be BrynS

Looking forward to it! :D

Cheers,

Bryn

sorry people i know this sounds really really bad but i have to pull a 24hr shift here at the studio. tomorrow is the deadline and my boss just decided to have a hissy fit and ask people to be here for no reason even if there isnt any work for them. the whole day today i was just waiting to get home and fireup the mod for some great multiplayer fun. unfortunately ill have to cancel. im soo sorry, you guys go ahead if you want. however it seems that we all posted on this forum at roughly the same time today, just within a few mins of each other. its funny but we could have even a loaded up a game right then. what say we shedule another game at the same time we posted on the forums today. except bryn ull have to be here an hour sooner. is that ok? if poeple have a better time in mind just let me know. im really waiting to play online guys and im soo sorry for cancelling at the last minute.
thanks, :(
aaron

hi people. sorry canceling our last meet up. no response on the forums so i hope ppl arent too annoyed. i am however already online and waiting. as ppl come online just post here and we can get the game setup (if the time is ok for everyone). looking forward to it everyone.
thanks,

Hey Aaron,

No problem about the work commitment. I set up a game (WC4 HW2 Mod) from about 18:30 to 19:30 GMT on Friday, but there didn't seem to be anyone about with the mod installed. It's quite late here now, but if you want to try a quick match I could probably play for about an hour or so?

Cheers,

Bryn

lehah, luxchamp you guys online. need some help getting the game going. ill be online most of today. just post here ill check in every 5 mins.
thanks,
aaron

Back