WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

just a quick news update for those wondering if I've fallen off the face of the earth. just tied up with work for a short bit. handling a fairly large project and team at the moment. its taken a bit of wind out of my sails for the moment, but rest assured the mod is still fresh in my mind. thanks to all again for your support and patience.
sincerely,
- aaron

The community remains in your debt, considering your quick work in getting the alpha out. I think we all understand that sometimes life is a little too difficult to do everything you want to in 24 hours time.

Bumping this thread for a minor update.

czacen sends his best and his apologies to the community for not having the time to post here or update his mod. He's currently "very tied up at work" on a "big project for nickelodeon".

He hopes to get back on the horse very soon, but can't make any promises as of yet. I'll be sure to update everyone here if there is anything further.

I give him my sypathies. Sometimes it sucks when real life gets in the way of Wing Commander.

I don't think czazen needs our sympathies; he's working on his job that he's actually getting paid for :) We shouldn't somehow pity him for this, but rather be grateful for what he's done here, on his own time, without compensation save for the joy of the community

I was somewhat teasing of course, but unfortunately that doesn't always come through on the internet.

one of the great tragedies of our time methinks...;)

P.S. i had to post smth before i go nuts with not satisfied expectations! me wants updates :D

[the above statement is of course, the product of a person suffering from an acute nervous breakdown. appropriate steps have already been taken. and now for something completely different]

hi everyone just checking in after quite a while. i really feel bad for not having been able to work on the mod for so long. however lehah and i are working on another way to try and get a newer release to you guys, without black lance but with all previously discussed bug fixes and race balancing. once lehah and i get the list of changes sorted out ill get right on it. just wondering if ppl are still playing the mod in multiplayer or have ppl gotten bored with the balancing flaws?

clad to hear you got some help, wish i could help out but idont know a thing bout modding.

looking forward for the new release will there olso be a AI present next release ?

Just saw the screens....awesome! Where can I download this? I love HW2 and WC......it's like peanut butter & chocolate!

can someone upload or email me homeworld2.exe? just the executable, nothing else. Im getting an invalid operation whenever I try starting HW2 and replacing the executable worked with another game that had the same trouble. thanks!

just a teaser update here, i havent been able to get in touch with lehah for a while but in the meantime i have been toiling away on getting the AI working and a more accurate hyperspace jump animation in the HW2 engine. will have news on AI in a few days. :D

MP match

hi@all
i'm completely new to this side but already a huge fan of thie mod and i know you heard it already a few times: it's a awesome mod! keep up the good work!:)
but here s my "problem"....can't find anybody playin online! so plz pm me so we can exchange icq nr or whatever...if you dare ;)

I'm happy to be onboard^^

cheers(UBW ROCKS)

Hey Aaron,

Congratulations on winning the Fan Project of the Year Award -- very well deserved! :D

Spent some time with the public release over Christmas and had a blast seeing it all come together; everything integrates well and it was neat to hear the comm voices in-game for the first time when commanding units. I'm a bit rusty, but will be looking to challenge some Wingnuts to an MP match over IRC shortly, so I'll post my MP experiences here afterwards.

The models and textures for the BL units you've posted look good. How will they compare stats-wise to Confed and UBW capital ships? Comparable armour, speed and damage per class or generally weaker/stronger? I was thinking that with the heavy hitting power of the Vesuvius and Dragon/flash pack, other BL capital ships should possibly have weaker stats or be more expensive to build? The BL Carrier looks particularly menacing!

Cheers,

Bryn

Back