WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

Don said:
Czacen: would I need the HW2 game just to play this mod.
Sorry if this questioned has been answered already, but I really don't have much knowledge as a modder does when it comes to these games (not as much as I thought i did :( anyway).

I would think you would need HW2. It's a great game even without this mod, but I am very excited to apply this mod as soon as it's done.

You certainly would need the original HW2 installed to play this mod eventually.
As previously said, HW2 is fun as hell on its own account anyway.

Thanks for the updates and still ever looking forward to more!

Cheers!

You can play Homeworld 2 via GameTap now. I wonder how that works with mods. Regular Homeworld 2 is pretty cheap however.

My memory can sometime be shotty but the razors in WC IV were flown by ace pilots right? I thimk I remember it saying pirate ace, if I am right why would they be upgraded to thunderbolts?

Dran said:
My memory can sometime be shotty but the razors in WC IV were flown by ace pilots right? I thimk I remember it saying pirate ace, if I am right why would they be upgraded to thunderbolts?
Razors in WC4 were flown by both aces and regular pilots.

Never played Wing Commander 4. So, of course, I have a question, will this take you through WC IV as an admiral instead of a pilot?

sorry for being MIA everybody, been overloaded with work at the office, will get back to the mod in full swing in abt two weeks. sorry to all those waiting soo patiently, please kindly bare with me.
thanks,
- aaron

Dran said:

For the same reason that Thunderbolts exist and we don't just have one fighter to begin with. The Razor is a light light fighter. The Thunderbolt is a heavy fighter with bomber capability. Whatever pilot you have, the ships have different functions. An ace pilot in a Razor will do different things than an ace flying a Thunderbolt.

I believe these are the prettiest renditions of WC craft in a game engine.

Congratulations.

PS: I'm not saying that other mods aren't good looking, but I do have the feeling that HW2's engine looks better than Vision.

I believe these are the prettiest renditions of WC craft in a game engine.

Congratulations.

PS: I'm not saying that other mods aren't good looking, but I do have the feeling that HW2's engine looks better than Vision.
I can't wait for there to be a new WC mod for one of those even MORE pretty games!

This might be off topic, but do you guys think (if this is released before the year is over,) that this mod could win the annual Wing Commander Mod of the Year?

This might be off topic, but do you guys think (if this is released before the year is over,) that this mod could win the annual Wing Commander Mod of the Year?

I'm pretty sure there are still months and months of work that have to be done yet. It definitely won't be released before the cutoff for nominations ends and voting begins. With that in mind though, it doesn't have to be finished. Most nominees for Fan Project of the Year have been incomplete.

Heh, then we can get our beta :p just kidding. He told me he needed to remodule the AI, why not use the AI in the game already? Is there something he needs to add?

ok everybody the mod is back in full swing. an early beta is being prepared for testing/early release. i just wanted to ask what the cut off date is for the mod of the year nomination? i expect a pre-beta download ready in a week or so. chris can this mod be considered as a nominee this year or is it too late?
expect a link soon ppl.
- aaron

ok everybody the mod is back in full swing. an early beta is being prepared for testing/early release. i just wanted to ask what the cut off date is for the mod of the year nomination? i expect a pre-beta download ready in a week or so. chris can this mod be considered as a nominee this year or is it too late?

Absolutely. Just email the vote@ link from the nomination update on the front page. There's no need to rush out a beta for the purposes of this contest though. The cut-off for nominations is probably next week, but as I said above, projects do not have to have released anything to be eligible (simply making progress like you have also qualifies).

czacen, if it makes it on the Fan Project of the Year, I'll vote for it regardless, because it is the most anticipated mod I've seen yet.

Even though its months away from completion, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the few prominent nominees of this years competition, maybe even winning a runners-up spot in the end. Other than this mod, I think Standoff and Pioneer are the real serious contenders for the Fan Project of the Year award.

Back