WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

alright then, focus on AI please, im sitting here checking the forums everyday to see if there is a beta yet.

Winnyfred said:
alright then, focus on AI please, im sitting here checking the forums everyday to see if there is a beta yet.

Aaron is making excellent progress at breakneck speed and doesn't need to be rushed.

thanks bryn, how goes everything at college? nice to see you checking in as much as you can. got you and the rest of the folks here a little treat. everyone please note the pictures you see below have been made just for fun and to see what these ships look like in the HW2 engine. These ships will not be appearing in the WC4 Mod. since i had the models ready, i went ahead and just changed the textures. I am not working on a WC3 mod right now, no such plans untill i fin the WC4 Mod.

Btw, Thanks Chris. Winnyfred just chill out. im doing this for the fun of it, im not on a contract or deadline here. you'll get a beta when a beta is ready.

If I told you Thunderbolts were in the WC4 novel, would you change your mind? :)

i know, but im sitting here crying, because I see pictures, but no beta, if you where on a deadline though, would you work faster for a beta :p just joking. I'll keep checking for one

I can't wait to play this. I am warminig up my HW2 cd as I speak... How far along is this 50% +?

Hey Aaron, things are going well -- lot's of reading, but all good. :)

Logging in to check on the mod's progress is always a welcome pursuit and the recent test images with WC3 textures were another nice surprise. The level of detail and potential that HW2 allows in the right hands continues to amaze! :D

Cheers,

Bryn

I was looking at the latest screenshots, and I noticed the resource costs for the arrow, banshee, and vindicator we all 100. With the resource prices equal, why would a player be motivated to say build arrows, over vindicators? The Vindicator if I remember correctly had Torps and could down a cap ship, while the arrow is a light fighter. So the vindicator as such is prob a more dangerous ship in a cap ship fight, and should cost more.

Hey, czacen, I call the very first Beta. Well, I'd like the first Beta. :D Send me a private message when you release it. Can I also get a percent complete? It would be very nice to estimate how long we have to wait.

Holy hell, Winnyfred - go take a cold shower or something. Read a book - anything! There's no need to pester the guy - he's posting regular updates of his progress, and he's shown us pretty much everything along the way. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

Holy hell, Winnyfred - go take a cold shower or something. Read a book - anything! There's no need to pester the guy - he's posting regular updates of his progress, and he's shown us pretty much everything along the way. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

A big second to that one.

Take your time czacen. You have some eager fans, but that doesn't mean that we aren't patient =) Great things come to those who wait-- even if the person making it is making breakneak speed =)

Great screens, I've been following up on this for months. I am excited to say the least.

Please Winnyfield, keep cool, pressing czacen for working harder than he's already working won't help. Do lik me, follow the updates without speaking if you have nothing important to say.

czacen : Great job. I've been waiting for such a mod during the last 2 years, and I'm happy it's going to be released. I don't know when, but I don't care. And when I see the regular updates, I cannot dare to criticize your work. Take your time to finish the mod, it'll still be a lot shorter than "other" mods (Guess which one I'm talking about ^_^;;).

Great work.

Winnyfred said:
Hey, czacen, I call the very first Beta. Well, I'd like the first Beta. :D Send me a private message when you release it. Can I also get a percent complete? It would be very nice to estimate how long we have to wait.
Ever heard of a word called overenthusiasm?

czacen: I just wanted to say that everything looks fantastic! After silently following along, I decided to finally speak up.

Thank you for the hard work. I know it will do nothing but impress upon its release!

I'm hoping I won't get yelled at for posting this one. It looks good, but it's only picture's. Got a demo? I'm joking picture's look great, gameplay looks awesome (can't say for sure.) I got my HW2 game loaded up and getting ready to command armies.

Taken any thought to my ejection idea? I know you said in a later patch, but I'd like to know if you've given deeper thought to it.

IMPORTANT: Don't take this the wrong way Lt.Death100, Chris, I'm not rushing him to get to a patch, just want to know if he took any deeper thoughts to an ejection seat.

Czacen: would I need the HW2 game just to play this mod.
Sorry if this questioned has been answered already, but I really don't have much knowledge as a modder does when it comes to these games (not as much as I thought i did :( anyway).

Back