Timeline between Secret Ops & WC Arena..

I think those swaps were appearance appropriate - the bomber looks like it's made up of skate egg cases, the cluster looks like a stingray and the corvette looks like a fish.

I think those swaps were appearance appropriate - the bomber looks like it's made up of skate egg cases, the cluster looks like a stingray and the corvette looks like a fish.

Speaking of Stingray, Theirs a mesh file called Stingray cluster. Any ideas?

But isn't that 3 stingray meshes combined? Not one big Stingray?

I assume it switched to one mesh when they join. It also acts quite a bit differently than the individual ships as well as the fact that it only needs on AI routine instead of having three AI's fighting against eachother for where to go.

IIRC, when you first encounter the Stingray cluster, you see an in-game cutscene showing three Stingrays coming together. I think if you look carefully, you can see the subtle change from three separate fighters to a single cluster model.

IIRC, when you first encounter the Stingray cluster, you see an in-game cutscene showing three Stingrays coming together. I think if you look carefully, you can see the subtle change from three separate fighters to a single cluster model.

There is no need to look closely. Target a Stingray and wait for it to join up, there is a noticeable jump when the mesh switches from being a single mesh to a group mesh, it's not subtle at all and it's very hard to miss. If you're not close enough to see the actual model, just look at the screens in your cockpit - the Stingray grouping will be shifted down somewhat from the top after they are grouped.

Stingrays are seriously, like nothing I ever saw before. Annoying 2 masers (i think) and weak sheilds, but when they come together, they can kill a devastator in like 10 seconds. Amazing how alien technology can suck one second, and kick butt the other.

Speaking of Stingray Plasma, how is that possible? And would that rock in a devastator?

Okay, so per Loaf's suggestions I've dug back through the files I have available to find any other references and I've run into a problem.

The POL2 Fiction file basically says that the Nephilim War was concluded when Cerberus took the Proxima gate (2681). Then, in 2691 it has the Nephilim re-starting the war with their chase of the Steltek Derelict (mentioned in the timeline above and in Star*Soldier).

However, the Star*Soldier timeline also lists the three new gate openings as occuring in 2681, and the Port Broughton rushing to "the front lines" in 2686.

Obviously, Star*Soldier has been published and then POL2 fiction document has not - does this mean we should ignore the information in POL2 where it contradicts existing sources?

My take on Star*Soldier is that it's spelling out the history of a near decade of conflict with the Nephilim in a massive and bloody war, but maybe that's wrong.

Added two more unknowns to my timeline:

269? - Celeste Evacuated
26?? - Fall of Xanadu

Celeste gets a 269? date because it's specified as being "close to the end"

I had a dream recently about Casey returning to Sol and having a vaction. After a while a new Capship, the BlueRoses class, would return from a large tratior war near Proxima Centuri. When they were to return, ships will be in a line as the capship would pass through the Jump Point, and then put on an air show, for Earth to see. Casey was one of them. Midway and Cerberus were near the Confed station that we saw in the beginning of Secret Ops. All of a sudden, Aliens start pouring out of the Jump Point, somehow, making the largest invasion in Confed history. Before Confed could launch ships, Capships would be blown to bits. Midway and Cerberus, would be last to go up in flames. Casey and the other pliots that were out before the attack, manged to survive and destroy the attackers. But it wasn't over. A Ship-Killer was attacking a big, important station, which also had a information vessel, docked inside. When Casey gets there, it's too late, everything is destroyed, and the aliens are no where on radar. Then a something appeared behind them, something from the beginning of Prophecy, yes, the wormhole gate. A green blast came out of the wormhole, destroying Casey and any other pliots. A Ship-Killer soon follow out of the gate. Then I woke up...it was kinda weird...but also...possible...scary...

Heh heh, that is pretty odd...

However, the Star*Soldier timeline also lists the three new gate openings as occuring in 2681...
I'm not sure how clear this is, but the Secret Ops fiction first mentions those three gate openings, which I am sure is where Star*Soldier took that story from. Therefore, this should take precedence over any information in Privateer On-Line.

Heh heh, this will keep you occupied for a bit: Secret Ops Fiction. There's all sorts of interesting background information on the Nephilim, character interaction between your fellow Midway pilots, and even technical information on the CIS fighters. The specific piece indicating three possible wormholes is Eyes Only #2 in Episode 7. It's clearly meant to open the possibilty for future Nephilim incursions, no matter how the Cerberus performs at Proxima.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, Star*Soldier has been published and then POL2 fiction document has not - does this mean we should ignore the information in POL2 where it contradicts existing sources?

Yes, I suggested the Privateer Online (et. al.) material for a few reasons - but not because they're 'canon.' If there's some contradiction, the published material goes first (and, lets be fair, if there's some story you *want* to tell that contradicts with the unpublished material, go ahead and tell it. This is your project.)

The unpublished material is beneficial for a few reasons. One is that it helps fill out your timeline in a voice other than your own. Another is that Star*Soldier clearly referred to it in a few places, and you can better understand some of its references by looking through some of the unused stuff. The third is just a matter of respect - the same guys who did all our favorite games did the unpublished Privateer material... so it seems like the sort of thing to at least consider.

269? - Celeste Evacuated

So much for heating your blood and making you want to live a long life!

Back