Timeline between Secret Ops & WC Arena..

I have a quick timeline I was working on that might aid someone who wants to put the document together. This is taken only from Star*Soldier. This list only references events or information related to the Nephilim War.

Undated events that could occur at any time:

???? - Terran-Kilrathi Alliance signed on board the TCS Conqueror.
???? - Battle line moves to defend Ardai.
???? - Battle of Dakota, a single human battlecruiser holds four kraken squadrons at bay until reinforcements arrive.
???? - Dirk Wright commands a fleet at Warsaw against the Nephilim.
???? - Dralthi IX deployed to combat Nephilim.
???? - Bromston Massacre
???? - Burning Battle

Dated/Undated timeline based on educated guesses:
2681 - K'stag System, Hhallas System, Valgard System wormholes open up.
???? - Confederation counter attacks Reef 68C Delta
2686 - TCS Port Broughton enters service, rushing immediatly to the front lines.
???? - TCS Lawrence recsues the TCS Midway after Zhrtx's Doublecross.
???? - TCS Lawrence penetrates 100,000 LY into the Aligned Peoples homeworlds.
???? - Wormhole opened near Corsair system. (B'shriss)
???? - Corsair system stripped and prepped as a marshalling yard.
???? - Battle of Mcauliffe
???? - Battle of Silenos
???? - Evacuation of Torgo, KAS Vrax'hmal closes the alien wormhole long enough for the transport fleet to escape.
???? - Battle of Sirius
???? - Battle of Fiddler's Green
???? - Battle of Reid
???? - Sirus wormhole destroyed, Port Broughton presumed lost
???? - Port Boughton emerge from Charybdis
???? - 18th Fleet arrives from Yelkin II to fortify Firekka.
2691 - "Aligned People" largest fleet deployed in Epsilon to recover a Seltek derelict.
2694 - Battle of Corsair System
???? - Battle of B'shriss
???? - Vengence strikes by Nephilim in the ending stages of the war destroy Antares

Known Wormholes:
Kilrah
Proxima
K'stag
Hhallas
Valgard
Sirius

(I also believe there is a wormhole in the system B'shriss. A major battle occurs there, while the system is OFF the beaten track. Also several major battles occur in Corsair in the defense of Fierkka. Also Corsair is established as a "marshling point" for the fleet raiding into Nephilim Territory. Lastly, Corsair is stated to being "close" to a Wormhole, even though our list of Known Wormholes places none near to the system.)

Question I have (That might be answered):
K'sk'taq is the same as K'stag? (Marked as so on the CIC Map)
Perry Naval station is known to be destroyed?
Stelkta is a moon in Goddard?
Do we see examples of the Nephilim ever causing a star to go Nova?
Where is Ardai on the map?*
What year did the Nephilim war end?
Where is Dakota on the map?*
Where is Warsam on the map?*
Where is Bromston on the map?*

*I'm sure they're there, just having difficulty locating them.

Questions I still have (And probably can't be answered):

What is "Fluid Space"?
What is the relationship of the Nephilim to the Steltak (Spelling?)?
A Kraken squadron is a squadron of ships with a Kraken as it's flagship, not a squadron of Kraken?

There is no relationship between the Steltek and the Nephilim, AFAIK. Not biologically, anyway.

I think he was referring to the mentions in S*S. It gives the impression that the Nephilim are very interested in Steltek relics.

There is no relationship between the Steltek and the Nephilim, AFAIK. Not biologically, anyway.

There is *a* relationship, we just don't know what it is. In 2691 the "Aligned People" deploy their largest fleet ever in an attempt to recover a Steltek derelict. Other references from Star*Soldier indicate they are searching for something, and wherever Steltek remains are found, the Nephilim tend to be not far beyond.

There is *a* relationship, we just don't know what it is. In 2691 the "Aligned People" deploy their largest fleet ever in an attempt to recover a Steltek derelict. Other references from Star*Soldier indicate they are searching for something, and wherever Steltek remains are found, the Nephilim tend to be not far beyond.

Agreed. S*S gives the impression that the Nephilim are very interested in the Steltek. Perhaps it was the Steltek who pushed the Nephilim back into "fluid" space after they appeared on Kilrah?

Agreed. S*S gives the impression that the Nephilim are very interested in the Steltek. Perhaps it was the Steltek who pushed the Nephilim back into "fluid" space after they appeared on Kilrah?

What I find much more fascinating is the multiple refrences to the "Aligned People" while elsewhere it explicitly states the Nephilim did this, or the Nephilim did that.

I'm culling CIC posts right now, I believe somewhere LOAF talked about what was planned for after WCP.

K'sk'taq is the same as K'stag? (Marked as so on the CIC Map)

No, K'sK'taq is in the Kilrah Sector, Kur'u'-Pak Quadrant. I'm not familiar with K'stag.

Perry Naval station is known to be destroyed?

Yes, Farragut is said to be the only example remaining.

Stelkta is a moon in Goddard?

Yes, this reference comes from Voices of War.

Do we see examples of the Nephilim ever causing a star to go Nova?

We do not.

Where is Ardai on the map?*

Vega Sector, Roberts Quadrant (upper right corner.)

Where is Dakota on the map?*

Vega Sector, Roberts Quadrant. It's where one series of Wing Commander I and a good portion of the Wing Commander movie take place.

Where is Warsam on the map?*

I think this one is actually Warsaw - from Stingray's bio? It's in the Sol Sector, one of the systems the Kilrathi wipe out in Fleet Action.

Where is Bromston on the map?*

I can't find the reference to Bromston in StarSoldier.

(re: Steltek - the idea was always that the Nephilim and the Steltek would be separate... but the Nephilim are as interested in Steltek artifacts as the Kilrathi or Grayson Burrows. :))

No, K'sK'taq is in the Kilrah Sector, Kur'u'-Pak Quadrant. I'm not familiar with K'stag.

Sorry, should have been: K'sktag. The CIC Map marks K'sk'taq as the Nephilim wormhole. Was this just a typo on Star Soldiers part?

I can't find the reference to Bromston in StarSoldier.

Sorry, should have been Brimstone. And yes, that was Warsaw.

The Nephilim, then, are not anymore interested in the artifacts then anyone else? I rather got the impression they were almost religious in their pursuit of the artifacts.

I think he was referring to the mentions in S*S. It gives the impression that the Nephilim are very interested in Steltek relics.
I was aware of that, but, as others have stated, I simply meant that the Steltek and the Nephilim were not the same, as some have suggested in the past.

Hmmm, it also looks like there are five (Four?) new types of Nephilim ships in service at this time too:

Puffer-class ships - the only ones given names.
Upside Down Hydra - possibly an error or place filler?
Spikey Support Craft - not sure what that is. Maybe it's meant to be a Nephi capship missile?
Double Moray - It's right above the Moray on the ship recognition charts. Not sure what it's supposed to be, but it looks like a double moray.
Puffer Ship Image - Listed under fighters, maybe the Puffer-class?

Also, mission from my original post are five undated events:
???? - Vanguard Rapiers enter service.
???? - Vanguard squadron racks up 129 to 1 kill ratio raiding Nephilim Space.
???? - Broadswords are deployed to help destroy a Reef Construction yard where Shrikes and Devestators take heavy damage.
???? - Nephilim Puffer class ships are introduced.
???? - Heavy Dralthi are introduced to counter the Puffer-class ships.
???? - Dirk Wright commands a "combined" Alliance fleet at Ardai

Names with questions about ships.

Attachments

• nephilimships.png
    nephilimships.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 231
Sorry, should have been: K'sktag. The CIC Map marks K'sk'taq as the Nephilim wormhole. Was this just a typo on Star Soldiers part?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure from the context that that's a typo - we see that a lot with the Kilrathi system names (missing apostrophes, wrong capitalization, etc. Some future version of the CIC map will list both names.)

Sorry, should have been Brimstone. And yes, that was Warsaw.

Brimstone is another series from WC1 (where you fly with Maniac.) It's also in the Roberts Quadrant of the Vega Sector.

The Nephilim, then, are not anymore interested in the artifacts then anyone else? I rather got the impression they were almost religious in their pursuit of the artifacts.

I would say that *everyone* is very interested in Nephilim artifacts, and it's certainly fascinating and worthy of note that the distant Nephilim are in that group. Star*Soldier actually 'makes canon' two other 'Steltek artifact' stories that didn't involve the Nephilim... two aborted Privateer 2/3 scripts. The galaxy in 2701 knows how powerful Steltek relics can be.

Upside Down Hydra - possibly an error or place filler?

I think this is a reference to the WCP Gold box, which had a picture of a Hydra that was labeled Marlin.

I would say that *everyone* is very interested in Nephilim artifacts, and it's certainly fascinating and worthy of note that the distant Nephilim are in that group. Star*Soldier actually 'makes canon' two other 'Steltek artifact' stories that didn't involve the Nephilim... two aborted Privateer 2/3 scripts. The galaxy in 2701 knows how powerful Steltek relics can be.

Do we have notes or scripts on either of these? I seem to recall quite a few P2 notes and files floating about.

I think this is a reference to the WCP Gold box, which had a picture of a Hydra that was labeled Marlin.

Does it's inclusion in Star*Soldier make it a canon ship, then, or do we write it off as an in-game joke?

I checked the ship files, Marlin could be a Beta Name for Hydra...theres also, Osprey (Carrier), and, Tusmuni (Tiamat).

Steltek artifacts right?

Okay, few more questions. I found some WCSO files that don't make any sense to me, maybe someone else can make some sense out of them. These are straight converts of the MAT files in the game.

I know most people don't know what that means, I just want to see if anyone recognizes them from the FMV's or anywhere else.

First up is 20561 - very similar to a side shot of a barracuda, but also vastly different. FMV Barracuda, maybe?
Second is 20288 - I think a top shot of the same ship, maybe. The cockpit glowy sphere thing looks the same.
Third is 10441 - I think this might be an alien mine, or jump bouy, but I'd like someone to look at confirm (maybe one of those WCP MP guys would know!).

Forgot to mention, I've not hit the end of WCP, so it's possible one of these might be the "towers" on the wormhole device.

Attachments

• 00020561.jpg
    00020561.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 166
  • 00020288.jpg
    00020288.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 172
  • 00010441.jpg
    00010441.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 156
Okay, few more questions. I found some WCSO files that don't make any sense to me, maybe someone else can make some sense out of them. These are straight converts of the MAT files in the game.

I know most people don't know what that means, I just want to see if anyone recognizes them from the FMV's or anywhere else.

First up is 20561 - very similar to a side shot of a barracuda, but also vastly different. FMV Barracuda, maybe?
Second is 20288 - I think a top shot of the same ship, maybe. The cockpit glowy sphere thing looks the same.
Third is 10441 - I think this might be an alien mine, or jump bouy, but I'd like someone to look at confirm (maybe one of those WCP MP guys would know!).

Forgot to mention, I've not hit the end of WCP, so it's possible one of these might be the "towers" on the wormhole device.

The second one definitely looks like a Barracuda, while the last certainly looks like one of the wormhole gate towers. It could be a remora I guess but I also guess I need to replay prophecy as well.

Back