Timeline between Secret Ops & WC Arena..

Okay, few more questions. I found some WCSO files that don't make any sense to me, maybe someone else can make some sense out of them. These are straight converts of the MAT files in the game.

I know most people don't know what that means, I just want to see if anyone recognizes them from the FMV's or anywhere else.

First up is 20561 - very similar to a side shot of a barracuda, but also vastly different. FMV Barracuda, maybe?
Second is 20288 - I think a top shot of the same ship, maybe. The cockpit glowy sphere thing looks the same.
Third is 10441 - I think this might be an alien mine, or jump bouy, but I'd like someone to look at confirm (maybe one of those WCP MP guys would know!).

Forgot to mention, I've not hit the end of WCP, so it's possible one of these might be the "towers" on the wormhole device.

First two look like Triton Transports, the last is a Wormhole gate tower.

Updated WCSO/Star*Soldier Timeline (With Notes)

Placed Events:
26?? - Vanguard squadron racks up 129 to 1 kill ratio raiding Nephilim Space.
2681 - K'sktag System, Hhallas System, Valgard System wormholes open up.
268? - Confederation counter attacks Reef 68C Delta
268? - Broadswords are deployed to help destroy the first Reef Construction yard, where the Shrikes and Devestators take heavy damage.
2686 - TCS Port Broughton enters service, rushing immediatly to the front lines.
26?? - Terran-Kilrathi Alliance signed on board the TCS Conqueror.
26?? - TCS Lawrence rescues the TCS Midway after Zhrtx's Doublecross.
26?? - TCS Lawrence penetrates 100,000 LY into the Aligned Peoples homeworlds.
26?? - Battle line moves to defend Ardai. Dirk Wright commands Alliance 12th fleet where cloaked fighters destroy a heavily defend Nephilim base behind enemy lines. [V]
26?? - Battle of Dakota, a single human battlecruiser holds four kraken squadrons at bay until reinforcements arrive.[V]
26?? - Brimston Massacre[V]
26?? - Battle of Mcauliffe[V]
26?? - Battle of Sirius[V] (Closet to Earth)
26?? - Sirus wormhole destroyed, TCS Port Broughton presumed lost
26?? - TCS Port Boughton emerge from Charybdis
26?? - 18th Fleet arrives from Yelkin II to fortify Firekka.
26?? - Wormhole opened near Corsair system. (B'shriss)
26?? - Corsair system stripped and prepped as a marshalling yard.
2691 - "Aligned People" largest fleet deployed in Epsilon to recover a Seltek derelict.
2694 - Battle of Corsair System, TCS Port Broughton abandoned
269? - Battle of Silenos
269? - Evacuation of Torgo, KAS Vrax'hmal closes the (Valgard?) alien wormhole long enough for the transport fleet to escape.
26?? - Battle of B'shriss
269? - Vengence strikes by Nephilim in the ending stages of the war destroy Antares.

Okay, I've shifted quite a few things around, so let me spell out what changes I made, and how I placed those battles.

First off, the Nephilim appear to have made two significant advances into Confederation space.

The first is the Vega Offensive. We know this takes place early in the war (Epsilon sector is spared while the Vega Campaign occurs). There are two major "pushes" in this campaign, one that ends in Sirius by way of Dakota, Brimstone and Mcaulffie. The second is primarily in Kilrathi Space, and ends at Ardai. This second push looks like the cause of the Terran-Kilrathi Alliance, and clearly takes place after the opening of the three new wormholes. The Vega offenses also seem to be focused around the K'ks'taq wormhole.

While this is going on, a second push is being made in Epsilon and M'Shrak, around the Valgard and Hhallas wormholes. These pushes were primarily in Kilrathi space, and we have no details on them, probably because they were in Kilrathi space. These pushes probably helped push the Terran-Kilrathi alliance as well, as the initial stages of the war seem to be all about the Nephilim over running Kilrathi space.

Our first problem crops up here. The Epsilon Quadrant is supposed to be spared while the Vega campaign is going on, however, there is a jump point in Epsilon opened at the start of the war (Valgard). This can be explained by limiting Nephilim actions in the Epsilon Quadrant in Kilrathi space (As this seems to be their preferred tactic elsewhere as well).

Sometime after the Vega Campaign is completed, attacks are initiated from Valgard into Silenos, probably forcing the evacuation of Torgo.

We know that the opening actions in Epsilon Quadrant were caused by the Nephilim deploying a larger-than-ever fleet to recover a Steltek Derelict, this seems to coincide with the opening of a new gate in Corsair, probably in the B'hriss system. The Corsair system and subsequent jump lines, feature heavily in the Nephilim offensive into Confed Epsilon.

The Epsilon Offensive was probably broken down into three or four branches: the first one (or two) reached into Kilrathi space, destroying whatever infrastructure they had in place. The next reached into "North" Epsilon", from Valgard, stretching itno Silenos and probably forcing the evacuation of Torgo. And the last reached into "South" Epsilon, from Corsair, threatening Firekka and possibly penetrating all the way to Fiddlers Green and Reid.

Fiddlers Green and Reid in and off themselves prevent a problem. Most of the jump points and jump lines reaching these systems do not connect to any major battle lines that we know off. Reid is so deep into Confederation space, and close to the "west" edge of Confederation space, it seems to suggest an additional undetected wormhole somewhere in unknown space.

The Raids into Confed space were placed early in the campaign because Confed is said to be preparing to raid space via proxima at the beginning of the war. The first raid is on a "Reef Construction Yard" and we know that Broadswords featured heavily in the first raid on a "Reef Construction Yard". Lastly, I placed the Zthax double cross after the Terran-Kilrathi treaty. While this is somewhat bias of me, I believe Zthax is a more Kilrathi sounding name then a Human sounding one, anyway.

This is a list of still unplaced elements for the timeline:
26?? - Perry Naval Station Destroyed?
26?? - Dralthi IX deployed to combat Nephilim.
26?? - Burning Battle
26?? - Nephilim Puffer class ships are introduced.
26?? - Heavy Dralthi are introduced to counter the Puffer-class ships.
26?? - Battle of Fiddler's Green
26?? - Battleo of Reid

First two look like Triton Transports, the last is a Wormhole gate tower.

Aye, I think you're right! I think those mystery textures are from the bridge of a Triton, and the engine/turret textures as well!

Sharp eye!

Sorry to be off topic but what does a puffer-class look like?

We don't know. It's new from Star*Soldier. I've marked on the image in the thread above which sillouhette I think it might be, but that's pure speculation (as are most of my posts in this thread).

Aye, I think you're right! I think those mystery textures are from the bridge of a Triton, and the engine/turret textures as well!

Sharp eye!

We don't know. It's new from Star*Soldier. I've marked on the image in the thread above which sillouhette I think it might be, but that's pure speculation (as are most of my posts in this thread).

Thanks. I'm not sure but, what was that ship sillouhette above the Moray and the other sillouhette after the Triton in your image?

We don't know yet.

I checked the ship files, Marlin could be a Beta Name for Hydra...theres also, Osprey (Carrier), and, Tusmuni (Tiamat).
You sure it wasn't Tsunami (for the Tiamat)? Would make more sense to me.

I believe the Kraken was also called a Narwhal.

I will check this later, but IIRC the shipfiles for the Hydra Orca Tiamet and Kraken are misnamed in the WCSO files, in the same way the WC3DSTRY and WC3CRUSR aren't really WC3 destroyers and cruisers.

Do we have notes or scripts on either of these? I seem to recall quite a few P2 notes and files floating about.

Privateer 3: Retribution script - http://download.wcnews.com/files/documents/privateer_retribution_script.zip

Privateer 2/3/TV Bible - http://download.wcnews.com/files/documents/PrivTV_Bible_High.zip

Privateer 3 Outline - http://download.wcnews.com/files/documents/Priv3_Design_High.zip
(A new version of this is being cleared right now!)

Privateer Online (V1) Design - http://download.wcnews.com/files/documents/POL_Design_High.zip

Privateer Online (V2) Background Docs - https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/7049

A post by yours truly about 'what happened to Blair' examines many 'post Pophecy' concepts - http://www.crius.net/zone/showpost.php?p=321902&postcount=9

Keep the 'concept' of Strike Team in mind, although we have no docs from the project.

... an dfinally, Privateer 2/The Darkening - there's some 'future' material buried in there!

Does it's inclusion in Star*Soldier make it a canon ship, then, or do we write it off as an in-game joke?

Showing up on the Gold box should be enough to make it part of the 'canon'.

While this is somewhat bias of me, I believe Zthax is a more Kilrathi sounding name then a Human sounding one, anyway.

What if it's neither :)?

Oh I saw that, I ment a image that show texture and stuff.

No, it doesn't exist outside of that reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will check this later, but IIRC the shipfiles for the Hydra Orca Tiamet and Kraken are misnamed in the WCSO files, in the same way the WC3DSTRY and WC3CRUSR aren't really WC3 destroyers and cruisers.

I just think it was Beta names for the Aliens.

You sure it wasn't Tsunami (for the Tiamat)? Would make more sense to me.

I believe the Kraken was also called a Narwhal.

Yes I made a spelling error. Tsunami is correct. And further anyalsis verifies Narwhal is indeed the Kraken-Class Shipkiller. Also Triton was called, Leatherb...odd...and I think the Corvettes (Alien) were called Skate and Skateb.

that would be Leatherback (as in Leatherback Turtle)

That makes sense. All these names are Beta, I wonder why they didn't use them.

I forgot to mention Orca is normal, it doesn't have a beta name.

I believe the changes were made well before the beta - beta builds of Prophecy have the current ship names. The changes were:

Lamprey - Siren
Triton - Leatherback
Hydra - Marlin
Leviathan - Osprey
Kraken - Narwhal
Tiamat - Tsunami

The changes were made to create a more complex and ordered system of codenames - to show that Confed gave fish names to fighters and mythological names to the capital ships. As it was originally you had fish names for everything excluding the Siren and the Tsunami.

(The question is the Orca, though - it should have been changed to some mythical aquatic beast rather than left as Orca... I guess they just couldn't get over how it 'felt' like a big space killer whale.

and I think the Corvettes (Alien) were called Skate and Skateb.

No, those were the Skates. :) (The alien bomber that splits into three smaller ships.)

(The question is the Orca, though - it should have been changed to some mythical aquatic beast rather than left as Orca... I guess they just couldn't get over how it 'felt' like a big space killer whale.(The alien bomber that splits into three smaller ships.)
On the other hand, the Orca retains a pretty mythological nature around my part of the world and figures heavily into aboriginal folklore, more than any of the larger whales even. Though the prophecy team could hardly have been expected to know that or to expect players to know that. (As much as I'm not a sports fan, the Vancouver Canucks logo is a stylized native-like Orca, and the Team mascot is an Orca)

On the other hand, the Orca retains a pretty mythological nature around my part of the world and figures heavily into aboriginal folklore, more than any of the larger whales even. Though the prophecy team could hardly have been expected to know that or to expect players to know that.

C'mon now, be fair! Everyone whose seen Free Willy knows that!

No, those were the Skates. (The alien bomber that splits into three smaller ships.)

It can't be, the Skate Clusters were written like "TrirayB", etc. The small Skates (the 3 small ships) were labeled "Ray". The real Ray (with Remoras) was labeled "Raynode".

Back