The Nephilim in Nexus (Note: Image heavy)

ChrisReid said:
I don't think the limbs really moved, and the ship with the big opening port was the Kraken.
The Tiamat featured moving limbs - the scene where the first dreadnought jumps through the Kilrah wormhole shows the ship with the arms folded inwards to the approximate width of the wormhole. After the entire ship emerges, the arms spread out to the familar Tiamat shape. The arms being folded can also be seen again just after the final battle. Folded Tiamat arms are cut off by the destruction of the wormhole.

I prefer option 1 all the way.

Exarch, Excellent job. Keep it up!!

And I guess it should be possible to include moving parts in Nexus, given that the first player ship has a rotating section.

Under what circumstances would the limbs move, that would be the second part of the equation. Does it move if the engine explodes, or does it only move when it is coming out of a jump?

Well, as far as I can tell, the Nexus engine only accepts an already set group of animations.

1. An animation that plays while the ship is active, like the rotating sections on the Earth ships.

2. Two animations that plays when the ship is attacked, one for the initial attack and one that loops as the attack continues. I don't know an example of this in game.

3. A docking animation, like hangar doors opening.

At this moment, I'm uncertain if more animations could be added to ships or not.

Option 1, gameplay and fun are a priority. If Wing Commander was just about flashy new graphics, it would not still have such a dedicate fandom.

I have been thinking, and Option 1 would be the most beneficial to myself as well, since it allows the most feedback about what needs to be fixed as far as gameplay goes. Think of it as a beta test of sorts.

callous said:
Under what circumstances would the limbs move, that would be the second part of the equation. Does it move if the engine explodes, or does it only move when it is coming out of a jump?

Yeah, I'm not sure the limbs are really moving there so much as space and matter are being distorted as they move through the wormhole.

Just so all of you know, I am still alive! Still working on converting ships into the engine and such. The next school quarter has started, however, so I'll probably take this week off from modding until I've gauged how difficult the classes will be. But not to worry, I'm still planning on working on this. It's probably one of the most fun things I've done, and it's exciting seeing everything develop.

Again, still alive! I had to take a break from this for a bit, but I'm back to working on it off and on. I'm hoping to have the Plunkett fixed up and ready sometime tonight, minus high-res textures. There are some cannons already in Nexus that are perfect for the plasma and heavy particle cannons, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they look. I'll keep you all updated!

Since Exarch hasn't logged into Crius.net since he posted that post, you probably need to email him.

In the mod's thread on the Nexus forums, Exarch mentions here and here that the mod is currently on hold, but that he still holds an interest in it and will get back to it when time permits. On the up side, czacen's WC4 Homeworld 2 Mod is progressing nicely! :cool:

Cheers,

BrynS

Wow, Exarch, these are spectacular graphics. I especially like the idea of naming the Midway-class ships after current and past carriers like you have the idea of doing...Enterprise, Midway, Coral Sea, etc. I think that's a great nod to the carriers of today and yesterday.

TH

Tigerhawk said:
Wow, Exarch, these are spectacular graphics. I especially like the idea of naming the Midway-class ships after current and past carriers like you have the idea of doing...Enterprise, Midway, Coral Sea, etc. I think that's a great nod to the carriers of today and yesterday.

There's a good bit of that already in Wing Commander. The direction of Midway Class Carriers was to be naval battles. The second ship was the TCS Mistral Sea (where the Concordia went down).

Holy ressurected fan projects, Bat Man!

After too long of a hiatus, I've come back to work on this with renewed interest. It's taking some getting used to, trying to remember how to do everything, but Nexus is fortunately very friendly to mod in my experience. Plus, I have the modders guide sitting in my nice project binder with all my ideas and such. :D

Anyways, I have a little something to show you. It's a WIP of the new textures for the Plunkett. They're about halfway done now, and already looking really good. I'll let you see for yourself. ;)

Plunkett_WIP_1.jpg

Plunkett_WIP_2.jpg

And all this time I thought you were dead :p

Welcome back Exarch!

The Plunkett-class cruiser looks stunning. Keep up the great work.

The Plunkett's texture is done, or at least close enough to make it passable for use. Here's the finished look! Notice the neat glow around the engines. :D

Plunkett_WIP_3.jpg

Back