TCS Concordia (from movie)

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by callitri, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Red Baron

Red Baron Rear Admiral

Well WCNews has a (largely unattended in the last few years unfortunately) ship model section: http://www.wcnews.com/wc3d/
    Don't know if that email still works, but I'm sure a mod or two would be very willing to help you.

2. callitri

callitri Captain

I guess this is a surprise to all, trust me i didnt think i would touch this model again. First of all i would like to thank to the person who was talking about my work here (http://www.wcnews.com/cgi-bin/searchnews.cgi?action=dosearch&body=callitri_concordia)
    This forum is the only place i ever got any comment yet alone positive ones, i am not doing these things for recognition but lets face it it feels good if ppl at least say something about it , i know i cant match other ppls skill who can properly texture and render and all those things i dont even know the term for.
    Since no one is crazy enough to texture a model with this high poly count , i started doing what i can basically using Google Sketchup's color functions (limited as they are).
    I dont even know how to render a picture of my model in a certain res size for ex 1920x1080. If anyone knows Google Sketchup more then me and knows if there is a function i would be grateful. Best i can do is use the export function and have a resolution that the aplication sees on my screen (not that good).
    This is a final version (for now :) ) , i cant call it textured lets say colored hope you like it .
    If anyone is interested this is my deviant art page : http://callitri.deviantart.com/
    Again thank you all for the support you gave me.

Attached Files:

3. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

We're glad we could help provide some feedback! We support all Wing Commander projects, but we especially appreciate underrepresented parts of the series that don't otherwise get a lot of attention. You obviously put a ton of work into this design as well!

4. callitri

callitri Captain

Thank you and underrepresented is kinda the hallmark of all my projects , i started modeling because i was searching a good cgi pic of one of my favorite ship the Taidaan Skal-Tel destroyer from homeworld , none existed so i tried to make one , then came the Concordia , every time i googled it i got an ugly (dont want to offend ppl who liked it ) flat looking hing wich i guessed its from one of the games so i got into that ship , then came the impressive concept arts of Norsehound of his 2nd cataclysm project wich was a redesign of one of the races in homeworld lore . Ofc i love ships like the imperial star destroyer but those have been done to death and done by ppl far more talented then me.
    Back to WC , well i am still thinking of doing the 2 smallcraft seen in the movie the broadswords and rapiers and ofc the asteroid-base/docking station. Since i do modeling in my spare time and even then it is a periodic surge where i do nothing but that for days even weeks then i just stop for months even i cant promis when ill be ready with them but its on my list of things to do.

5. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Ooh, Pegasus Naval Base would be very cool! I don't think anyone's done that before...

6. callitri

callitri Captain

Well i might try to make one as well but atm i am trying to make one without an actual asteroid because i have problems creating the asteroid part , what i had in mind is a smaller version of the shipyard u see in Battlestar Galactica Razor ,at the begining when Pegasus escapes. Something along these lines obviously larger and more complex , i just focus on the berth it self atm.

update 1 : this is the rough layout so far , want to make the yard it self bigger for other type of ships as well wich is connected to my other long term plan to make at least a couple of smaller capital ships based on this design , plus fuel depos (large storage tanks and stuff) and whatever i can think of

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    ChrisReid likes this.
  7. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure Confed had Hopper Drives. At least they did during the Kilrathi War because didn't the main character of Privateer use a Hopper drive on part of his journey to the game's starting point?

The way I understand it the original Treaty with the Pilgrims didn't prevent Confed from using Hopper drives. Instead it set up a zone around Sol that was Pilgrim territory. The Hopper drive was slow enough and that zone big enough that it was rarely, if ever, worth the trouble for Confed to set up colonies beyond Pilgrim space. The Jump Drive allowed swift passage past Pilgrim space so Confed used it to establish colonies, Pilgrim hardliners gained control of their government, and the march to war began.

The Kilrathi lost a second carrier to a frigate kamikaze run at the end of the battle as well as losing one to a jump drive malfuncton.