Roberts Space Industries Moves To New Home (November 22, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Chris Roberts and team at the Los Angeles-based headquarters of Cloud Imperium Games are in the process of relocating this weekend. They've closed up shop at the historic 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica now that they've run out of room to expand in that location. Here's some pictures of the Wing Commander decorations that they used to decorate (until yesterday). The good news is that the new location should allow for display of even more cool artifacts! Check out the movie models for the Concordia, Tiger's Claw and Diligent in the first row of shots below. There's also a Wingnuts' dream shelf containing a wide variety of WC products - many of which are still in their original shrink wrap. Not to be outdone, Chris himself sat in front of the giant star map from the WC Movie opening as well as a Snakier model. Other misc concept art and promotional posters can be found throughout.

Here's everything in the process of being packed up:

And the new office space, ready to unpack!

--
Original update published on November 22, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's an early concept of the Concordia. It's a bit stubbier than the finished product, but those sloped sides remain and the conning tower is in about the right place.

I think that's an early concept of the Concordia. It's a bit stubbier than the finished product, but those sloped sides remain and the conning tower is in about the right place.

I'd guess it's the Concordia as well. It doesn't look like we actually have a scan of that particular piece for comparison though...

I'll check when we unpack it, but my memory is that it's an early Kilrathi design (one of which of course became the Concordia...)

Afrim Kosovrasti said:
Ben, maaaaybe u could hook me up with that WC4 framed poster too? Jk. But a man can wish. : )

Hah! I'm already plotting to grab one for my new office :)

Chris has two of them, and I've got one I purchased from I think Sean Murphy in my home office... that's an unusual concentration, but they're actually very rare! The nice WC3 theatrical poster was given out with some preorders and at press events... the only WCIV posters were made up for the team!

(I do think we have the raw Quark files for it in the archive, though, we could recreate it!)

Hah! I'm already plotting to grab one for my new office :)

Chris has two of them, and I've got one I purchased from I think Sean Murphy in my home office... that's an unusual concentration, but they're actually very rare! The nice WC3 theatrical poster was given out with some preorders and at press events... the only WCIV posters were made up for the team!

(I do think we have the raw Quark files for it in the archive, though, we could recreate it!)
Omg Ben if we could get our hands on the Quark files and they are intact I know a guy who works at a sign/print shop that could print out poster sized ones. Please let me know. Out of everything WC I don't have this is the wholy grail to me. I would hook u up with one too of course. Lol.

The promised update: the ship pictured in the framed sketch is the preliminary design for the Kilrathi cruiser (Fralthi.)

The promised update: the ship pictured in the framed sketch is the preliminary design for the Kilrathi cruiser (Fralthi.)

The picture above has too much glare so it's kind of hard to compare but the Fralthi is the one that the Claw takes out with the broadside manoever in the movie. You can see a profile in this pic (It's the cruiser):

WCMArtBook34.jpg

and here's a top down from the broadside scene:

Cruiser2.jpg

In this shot it's the one in the foreground on the bottom left:

Cruiser.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back