Steltek

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The bugs didn't kill him -- he sacraficed himself to save us..

And a damn fine job he did!

Aren't we not suppose to be talking about Blair's "death"?

Personally, I thought vaccum seal doors a definite possibility. So, after the gate was blown apart, those big blast doors would drop to keep atmosphere and survivors inside.

I don't remember anything about a missing marine...

Originally posted by Manic
If I recall correctly, LOAF once said that the writers admitted that they had planned a sequel, with Blair as the arch-nemisis.
Eww, I don't remember anything about that either. I don't usually like good-guys-turning-bad stories.

I said "usually". I knew someone would make a comment on that: things like Skywalker/Vader and Rhinox/Tankorr are exceptions.

I still prefer the Beast Wars - Beast Machines, while visually better in many aspects, felt more foreign in terms of Transformers history. Come to think of it, I didn't like the Rhinox/Tankorr thing that much either, but it made for an interesting twist, and at least he was given a positive resolution. ("Tell your sister, you were right..." :))

Okay, back to WC now. :) Where did those crazy evil Blair ideas come from?

About the marines, i think that comes from the talk between Dekker and Blair inside the tower, but today i will finish WCP, so i will know what really happened.

Its been a long while, but I remember Blair telling everyone to leave then he started backing out past a dead marine, when he gets jumped by the bug. That scene annoyed me. He's only got 1-2 minutes to get out and here he is tip toeing out. If ever there was a time for haste this was it.

When I first watched that, I was almost yelling at my computer...

"You f***ing dumb**s! What the hell are you doing?!"

and...

"Hey Blair, 2 minutes dumb***t!"

One of Prophecy's central themes was the idea of coming to terms with survivor's guilt: Casey blamed himself for Blair's abduction, Hawk needed to revenge Iceman, Maniac couldn't deal with sending men under him out to die...

And then Blair -- the Nephilim captured him and, as he put it, forced him to remember things: Tolwyn, Kilrah, Angel and so forth. Blair was directly responsible for billions of deaths, and had watched almost everyone he felt close to die when he lived. I submit that he had no intention of coming back -- he went out to end his suffering (he had been trying to get assigned to fly ever since he'd returned from the centrax), and he happened to get a chance to save the universe (and in so doing he achieved the ultimate, more obvious purpose of the game -- passing the torch on to Casey, a clean slate).

Add to that the feeling of helplessness Blair suffered whilst being grounded by the CAG. Would Blair have wanted to go back to a desk job?

I, personally, didn't want to see Blair die of old age behind a desk. The classic hero doesn't grow old and die in his sleep.

(The CAG surely understood Blair's feelings -- which is why she was so against him flying...)

Errr, about being grounded by the CAG and desk job and all that, etc etc, I might point out to you that after the Black Lance conflict, Blair retired his wings to a desk job in the first place... I seriously doubt that was a factor. (I'm writing an entire novel about how the hell Blair would ever get behind the flight stick of a desk lol... the transition from The Price of Freedom to Prophecy was a little murky at best so I'm hoping to clear that up)

As for your response LOAF, that's something I'd never looked at that certainly makes a lot of sense and resolved much of my utter distress about Blair's seemingly foolish actions at the tower. The one thing that still baffles me a bit was his asking for a countdown, which doesn't add up with your explanation, but I think it might be possible to say that was his brain's last cry for survival, which he later ignored.

Back