Steltek

Originally posted by Valor NR
Well i dont want to post the interview because it has alot to do with Blairs "death"
The interview is already known to be a hoax. According to those who worked on the project. the Nephilim were the star gods of old, and that's all they were.

i would say his odds of surviving the wormhole collapse is pretty slim. In any case, maybe he's dead, maybe not. Anything can change.

The Steltek are like... big... cells!

As for a relationship between the Steltek and the Nephilim -- what the heck is the obsession with wanting everything to be the same, no matter the expense? Even if we ignore the physical evidence (or the rediculousness of the claim -- they're both green! All green things are the Nephilim!), a big giant red flag should go up when we try to say that they're the same. Our thought processes should go a bit like this.

.oO{[I}I'll bet the Steltek from Privateer are the same as the Nephilim from Prophecy, as they're both green! Wait, the Steltek were an ancient race that evolved beyond war and retreated to the center of the galaxy... and the Nephilim are a race of evil bugs who're fighting A WAR with us. They're probably not the Steltek![/I]

Now tell me why, in 300 words or less, the Firekkans are the Mopoks.

Hint: they're both not green.

(You know what's weird? That new Heinz Steltek Ketchup. The green kind...)

I have to agree with LOAF on this one, the fact that the Steltek grew beyond war was one of the main reasons they abandoned all their colonies out this way. (If I remember my Priv info right, but it's been a few years since I played it, so bear with me.)

But actually, that makes me wonder, if the Neph are the 'star gods', would they be the people that the Mantu were dealing with when they pulled out of their war with the Kilrathi?

MMMMM hmmmm....

Another thing would be to study the star charts... you'll notice that the Kilrathi systems and Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, etc, which eventually led to the discovery of the derilict base of the Steltek are in separate quadrants. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that since the Nephilem came over from the far side of Kilrathi space and the trail to Steltek ruins leads in the opposite direction it'd be a fair assumption that they're REALLY not linked, even if you bar everything else that's been said that clearly points out they're not even close to being the same...

Originally posted by Skyfire
I have to agree with LOAF on this one, the fact that the Steltek grew beyond war was one of the main reasons they abandoned all their colonies out this way. (If I remember my Priv info right, but it's been a few years since I played it, so bear with me.)

But actually, that makes me wonder, if the Neph are the 'star gods', would they be the people that the Mantu were dealing with when they pulled out of their war with the Kilrathi?
That's an idea, but I doubt it. If the bugs were from across Mantu territory from the kitties, they'd be coming from across the territories, instead of just building an artificial wormhole in Kilrah system.

Both the Steltek and the Nephilim are supposedly towards the galactic core compared to the location of Confed and the Kilrathi... the stuff we encounter at Delta Prime are remains of their previous, galaxy-spanning civilization (there's Steltek ruins on Mars and at Palan and such...).

Could the Nephs possibly developed their tech from steltek derilicts?

I just thought that the steltek scout was similar to the tiamat.

Originally posted by Valor NR
Hey did they say Blair possitivly died? Thats whats on everyones mind since Prophecy.

Not for me and others ;), you can perfectly see the last wormhole tower ( the one in wich Blair is) not destroyed (IIRC the tower enter the collapsing whormole)

Originally posted by Antix
Another thing would be to study the star charts... you'll notice that the Kilrathi systems and Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, etc, which eventually led to the discovery of the derilict base of the Steltek are in separate quadrants. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that since the Nephilem came over from the far side of Kilrathi space and the trail to Steltek ruins leads in the opposite direction it'd be a fair assumption that they're REALLY not linked, even if you bar everything else that's been said that clearly points out they're not even close to being the same...

There is no trail of the Steltek exodus, they can travel without jumpoint (you can see that they appears from nowhere in your last mission in Priv in Nitir), that *trail* is only a *connection-in-line* of jumpoints to the derelict base, nothing more nothing less (most probably because they had to add more jumpoints and the space for doing that was tight, you can see that is just in the noth-west side of the map :) ), and BTW the bug wormhole appears in both the KILRAH system and in PROXIMA system, both in opposite corners.
BTW can be the Kilrathium (the element that the Devereaux found in the kilrah debris be the cause of the anomaly in the kilrah system that allows to create an artificial wormhole, that element is relatively new (becuase of the name it was named after the encounter with the Kilrathi), and maybe is found only in the Kilrah system (if it exist in other sectors like Enigma it can be labeled Enigmium or else :D )

and BTW this is not STAR WARS, the races and carachters don´t have the necesity of being parents, pets or slaves of other races or carachters !! *g*

Kilrantium isn't necessarily an element... in fact, it logically *isn't* an element...

As for the wormhole... consider this: if *ANY OTHER* giant space ship exploded into lots of tiny little pieces, would you think the crew survived because you saw a piece of it?

Maybe it wasn´t discovered yet (or is a compund like quartz or anythung) !! :D (and why *logically* ?)

It depends of the piece, if the piece is a door i will surely say NO, If it is a closed structure with enough air and presurized, why not ?

Maybe is isn´t stable or something ! , We are looking for something unique here that makes the artificial wormhole posible.
(and every day new discoveries are made )

Regarding that last tower we see tumbling through space after the first wormhole's collapse :

How could Confed miss something like that? It's pretty safe to assume Confed would want to study Neph technology (for weaknesses, tech that we could use,secrets of the wormhole, etc..), and I would think they would check out the giant piece of Neph debris tumbling through space. They woulda gone over that thing with a fine tooth comb. If Blair was on it, I'm pretty sure they would've found him.

I would like him to be alive as much as anyone else, but I don't think he was on that thing.

Confed can't really examine Neph tech properly cause pirates are bootlegging a lot of it around systems so they have all on preventing that, 'sides it infects people with a deadly virus, its hard to examine something that kills you in depth (they would have to use class 5 bio suits to research, and even then it might not work, the disease could be *gasp* sentient:eek: we just don't know enough about it, would you want to risk it finding out?)

BTW : I thought that the seventh tower with Blair in it fell back through the worm hole to Neph space before the worm hole collapsed? Blair could still be alive!

According the SO fiction the destroyed Nephilim´s Capships have some kind of Virus that is released when the Capship is destroyed, so anyone who *touches* the ship is infected.

Back