Space sim games (SW Episode II Spoilers)

My theory is that the droids, being such stupids and easy-to-unplug enemiesare no match for the Jedi so Darth Sidious will contact the Mandalorian Army to fight against the Republic.

Why bother? He seems to be doing a perfectly good job of taking over from within. Heck, he's already chancellor, it's a short walk from that to setting a fire in the senate building and blaming it on some mentally retarded communist.
Oops, there goes Ep3.

Originally posted by Quarto
This is neat, it gives the series a sense of progression.

Progression into worse and worse prequels, yes. :)

Re: Confused Star Wars Fan :(

Well, anyway, WHERE WAS THE MANDALORIAN ARMY!? If Jango Fett was the one person to merit "Boba's armor has not been seen since the days of the Clone Wars...," that just suckz.

The clones' armour looked a lot like Jango's/Boba's armour.

Originally posted by Ghost
My theory is that the droids, being such stupids and easy-to-unplug enemiesare no match for the Jedi so Darth Sidious will contact the Mandalorian Army to fight against the Republic.

I had thought the same thing myself....

Having it turn out that way would be oh so rad :cool:

Originally posted by Filler
Looked similar, but wasn't the same thing.
Originally posted by Col.Dom
I had thought the same thing myself....
But he already got what he wanted. He was simply using the Trade Federation as a boogeyman to acquire his Clone Army with consent from the Senate, now that he has it, he doesn't need another patsy.

I don't think you can legitimately complain about 'Mandalorians'... since they're never mentioned in the original movies. They're an EU thing that should be explained by the EU...

on the subject of darth sideious being the chancellor and dark lord of the sith both at the same time. my theory is that the chancellor is a clone, and one without force sensitivity as well. how else would he be able to speak with yoda etc with out them having a clue? obviously this clone is darth sideious puppet in a way

I don´t know, why the clone must be bad?
or is he manipulated by Darth Sidious?
And if he is a clone why he isn´t force sensitive, or is he?

Lucas said to forget everything you knew about Fett, since it's all bullshit now. This includes:

*Fett was part of Solo's short Imperial career and later killed his commanding officer before going AWOL.

*Fett is a "Journeyman". A Journeyman is kinda like a dumb Star Wars idea of "Knight Rider" where he's this badass with a bunch of gadgets and is unstopable.

As for Conrad's biazzare and pointless idea of "Cloning", that's easily disspelled. Jedi can "quiet" their presence with other Jedi. This was seen in ESB when Vader jumped out of no where during the last 3rd of the Lightsaber duel with Luke.

Someone should stick a spoiler warning on this thread

Originally posted by LeHah
Episode 1 invalidated the entire "Jedi Academy" idea from it's inception. Yoda says that Qui-Gon can only have a single Padawan in his charge, which is not the case when Luke finds people like Kyp and company in Anderson's novel, Jedi Search. Then there's "Midichlorians" which undoes Anderson's dumb "Force Testing" machine that has Luke flying across rooms when he probes his sister's mind in the aforementioned book.
Far be it from me to defend Anderson, I suggest that these can be 'explained away' in a similar way to 'inconsistencies' in the WCU. Remember that information about the Jedi would have been purged just as much as the Jedi themselves, so it's not too hard to imagine that Luke would not know about only having one Padawan at a time. Not to mention that since he's the only Jedi left at that time, so to train one Jedi at a time would be impractical.

About the Force testing machine and mind prodding, I didn't like those ideas, so they can be tossed out. :) But could using midichlorians just be the primary method of finding potential Jedi?

Episode 2 was pretty lame IMHO. Though it's better than Episode 1, it lacks the basic fluidity that the story needed. Things just seemed to happen "Look! An assassin! Get him! Wait! She's Dead! It was another assassin! Chase him! Go that way! I'll seduce Portman!". It just jumped around and a lot of things went unexplained (Ex: why do Geonosians dislike Jedi and Seantors enough to put them in an ARENA?!) and motives seemed muddled.
I loved Episode II, now that I've finally seen it. But I agree, there was so much going on, it's hard to discern the motives of the multitudes of factions.

Originally posted by junior
Episode II also messes with the Thrawn books, if only because AotC pretty much rewrites everything we 'knew' about the clones prior to this. Of course, Zahn had only used the popular theory about the Clone Wars. Not much that he could have done about that. And some elements of it could still prove to be correct.
Yeah, that confused me, I thought the clones were supposed to be the bad guys. But I don't understand who the clones are being sent to fight at the end. The Empire has pretty much been formed in all but name now, with Palpatine gaining "special powers", but is it possible that the clones turn on their 'masters'?

Another big thing lost is the sense of "realism" in the prequels. Anyone else notice all the ships are sparkling new and shiny?
Uh, they didn't look that shiny to me. And as you said, these are still pre-Empire days.

The explanation is that, whether he knows it or not, Han is Force Sensitive, and 'unconsciously channels the Force' when he uses Luke's lightsaber. No, I didn't say it made a whole lot of sense. Nor do I agree with it at all.
I never heard of this idea of lightsabres chanelling the Force, myself, I only thought the Force was used in the constructing the lightsabre, aligning the crystals used to focus the beam. After that, it's a purely mechanical device.

There's nothing to indicate that the cloners are being completely honest in their dealings with the Republic.
That's what I was thinking.

And the gleaming silver on the Naboo liners doesn't help much, either.
I thought the silver was right, given that Amidala is supposed to be the distinguished representative of Naboo.

But the exteriors of the war machines for the Grand Army of the Republic were perfect, I thought. The walkers that we saw in the movie looked very much like something that might evolve into the fearsome AT-AT, and the wedge-shaped starships looked an awful lot like one might imagine an early Star Destroyer to be.
Definitely, this is clearly the impression they were supposed to give.

Originally posted by Frosty
Pretty much all the glitter came from Naboo. One could assume that it's just an affectation of their culture.
Yes.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
WHERE WAS THE MANDALORIAN ARMY!?
I heard about this on the net several years back. I always thought it was a fake story.

Originally posted by Ender
[Palpatine is] already chancellor...
He's already Emperor in all but name with his "special powers".

Originally posted by Filler
Stormtroopers, rather.

Lucas said to forget everything you knew about Fett...
Where? When?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Yeah, that confused me, I thought the clones were supposed to be the bad guys. But I don't understand who the clones are being sent to fight at the end. The Empire has pretty much been formed in all but name now, with Palpatine gaining "special powers", but is it possible that the clones turn on their 'masters'?
It's not so confusing if you think about it.

Palpatine manipulated the Trade Federation into a position where they could be used as a boogeyman to frighten the Senate into giving him the power he needed to form a Clone Army. They work for him.

They saved the Jedi, yes, but that was because it was an appropriate combat test of the new soldiers. They engaged their intended enemy just as they were supposed to. Saving the Jedi simply provided a convenient excuse to try them out.

Once everything is in place, Palpatine can simply snap his fingers and destroy the Jedi, subdue the Republic, and consolidate his Empire. The clones don't need to turn on their master, it's the master who turns.

Pretty impressive fanfare just for a garrison move. :) Loved how the Imperial March was played in that scene.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Remember that information about the Jedi would have been purged just as much as the Jedi themselves, so it's not too hard to imagine that Luke would not know about only having one Padawan at a time. Not to mention that since he's the only Jedi left at that time, so to train one Jedi at a time would be impractical.

You should also consider the fact that Luke wasn't the last of the old Jedi. He was the first of the new. With this in mind, we can probably throw out most of the rules.

Back