Screenshots Release Thread

OH MY F-ING GOD THAT ROCKS THE BIG ONE!!!11one

Seroiusly, that is sweet. My favorite WC fighter EVER in yellow and black. A bit surprised you went with the Longbow paintjob, TBH - I'd have used an Arrow blue scheme (if I had any talent, that is.)

And I gotta admit, the particle cannon effect is kinda weak :p

I made it yellow black since it's supposed to be the strike version of the sabre, so some resemblance might make some sense. And god I've tried long enough to find a paintjob that looks good on that model. since it reuses the wing texture on the various fins as you see, stuff like logos and so on would be stretched and look out of place there, and I didn't feel like re-uvmapping that thing, so the stripes looked best. And psych needs some renders for his site, so I drew that texture. And it would be a shame not including it in WCS.
And what do you dislike in the particle effect? I'm always open for suggestions how to make my stuff better.

Lynx said:
...since it reuses the wing texture on the various fins as you see, stuff like logos and so on would be stretched and look out of place there...
Chalk one up for lazy Eder. :cool:

As I said I like the Sabre. Especially the rear view. In that pic it looks like some sort of F-14 or something.

I just finished importing the new hellcat from Lars/Lynx into freespace, and I simply had to make some screenshots out of it. This is ingame, believe me ! :D

hellcat-ingame.jpg

Nice one, now we have to create proper shinemaps forthat baby. Just a thing: Maybe it's the picture compression, but it seems that the texture is quite grainy. What program did you use to reduce the color palette? I use paintshop, and with the right sttings there's almost no quality loss.

Not sure where the problem lies. I'm using Photoshop 5.x for changing your
RGB-Bitmap into a indexed PCX. Maybe that's the problem ?

But it could be also the screenshot-capturing function, it looks quite high-detailed
when ingame and in close distance. And I reduce it from 1024 into 800 pixel width
in photoshop.

This is my first time at this site, I thought wingcommander was a forgotten game. . .it was my first favorite computer game when I was a kid. .. now that I see this mod is being made I must go and buy Freespace 2, does anyone know where I can buy a copy

it will be standalone don't worry. As for buying Freespace, you needn't bother. It is out. It was made freeware 2 years ago, and thus became what you see today, a light-3d version DX8+ wonder. The WCSaga team will have a build of their own and thus, release the game as is (without needing freespace 2 discs to play).

All is good, don't worry.

Wait, I know the sourcecode for Freespace 2 was released... so does that mean that both Freespace and Freespace 2 are freeware now, meaning that you could legally own them without purchasing them?

I thought the way that WCSaga was legal was because of the build-in modability of Freespace. I guess I was confused.

I ask this because I know that you can still by Freespace/Silent Threat jewel-cases at Media Play, and they recently released an anniversary edition of FS2.

I'm a little confused, but I know that this project is legal. I guess the question is, does this mean that the guys I know who are looking for Freespace but don't have it yet can legally obtain it without paying?

If not, I'll tell 'em to shell out the cash, of course. I was just curious, since it is still available for purchase.

Back