Screenshots Release Thread

The sourcecode was released, but the game's not freeware. It's not the same thing. But in reality no one gives two shits about it.

Okay, that's enough clarification. We can legally use the source code and modify it, but legally speaking if we want the game, we need to purchase it. Good enough for me.

I am glad that this mod is stand alone, though. That way anyone can have it.

stand alone and legal because we actually replace every single file, but a few data sets extracted from the FS2 demo, which is actually freeware :)

I notice on the WC Saga website that you plan on including the Confederation class dreadnought in your mod. (BTW, the mod looks really great, it looks like you guys are doing a fantastic job!) Any chance of seeing some screen shots of that any time soon? (and do you plan on keeping the thing in old-school green, or painting it in WC3 style gun-metal gray/blue?) Also, is the Confederation class going to be involved in the main campaign at all?

Tolwyn,
Ah, that makes sense. And what a great way to do it, since it's perfect legal to download demos for free, and with the sourcecode being free there are no snags. Nice of the Volition folks to do that for us.

it's a cameo at best, only expect to see it in 1-2 missions max in the main campaign. And of course, it'll be a useable ship for anyone who wants to make a FRED mission.

Tolwyn said:
it's a cameo at best, only expect to see it in 1-2 missions max in the main campaign. And of course, it'll be a useable ship for anyone who wants to make a FRED mission.

It will be nice to see it take its place among the others...and I imagine the 1-2 missions it will be involved in are ones that would require the added fighters from the ship...say like that big battle in the final days of the war :D

nervous.gif

Wow those screenshots look amazing! I've been lurking around here for a while and out of all the fan projects I watch I'm looking forward to playing this one the most. I can't wait! You guys definently have my vote for Fan Project of the Year. :D

same scene, different kind of lightning. You can setup it to you liking :)

Attachments

• wel3.jpg
    wel3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 381
  • wel4.jpg
    wel4.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 352
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the .....<drumroll>.... new radar!

And now enough sightseeings, destroy some asteroids pilots.

Attachments

• rad1.jpg
    rad1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 323
  • rad2.jpg
    rad2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 308
Back