Prophecy on GBA

Re: OMG

Originally posted by Naféasonto
omg... i can only wonder how bad the gameplay will be.. on a gameboy advanced OH BOY.
You sir, clearly do not own a GBA, nor have you ever seen one in person.

Anyone who has would be quick to disagree.

Originally posted by Frosty
Anyone who has would be quick to disagree.

They'd be quick to disagree with what? He just said that he's wondering how bad the gameplay will be. How can you disagree with that?

"i can only wonder how bad the gameplay will be" is a statement which implies that the game is already destined to be bad, and all that remains to be seen is precisely how bad it will be.

Clearly, he was deriding the game because it's for GBA, which anyone who owns a GBA will disagree with. We know it's capable of handling the game just fine. It's quite powerful, and while it doesn't have many buttons, it has enough.

There was plenty to disagree with.

Yeah, they're really incredible machines. Don't forget that they support four player link-up multiplayer.. and can be made to link up with GameCube games. The system is capable of limited forms of speech (Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 2 for GBA) and fmv (Silent Hill Play Novel for GBA). Never underestimate it.

I think its unfare.

They put Prophecy on GB and they dont make a new one for Pcs ?

I know that LOAF said they are not interested on Space sims anymore cause of funds,but why do they now make Prophecy for GB,if they allready know that its not gonna sell ???

Maybe this is a step for the next WC in PCs !!!

I hope..........:rolleyes:

It's much much easier to port a game than make a new one from scratch. And what LOAF said is right, space sims like the later Wing Commander games on PC are not a very hot item right now. . But the Game Boy Advance is. It's the place to be for hot recreations of old great games. Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Zelda a Link to the Past and dozens of other old great games are currently being remade, and they look and play great. With the power of the GBA, they even have new features and look better than some of their original versions. It's true that WCP wasn't an old SNES game, but the same basic situation stands here. They've created a great 3d engine that magically works on the GBA, and what better to show it off than a Wing Commander game? Producing an older game and supporting it on the GBA is much simpler and more profitable than making a whole new PC game from scratch. I don't think you could say that this is is not a step toward new PC WC games in the future, but we've waited years and it may easily be more years before a new one shows up. Keep your hope, but get your GBA and get ready to have fun with Prophecy all over again in a new way.

......................:(

Well , ill Just hope .Ill contact with EA/Origin and blackmail them
to make a new Wc or ill blow their heads of!!!!!!:mad:

hehe, perhaps they'll kill blair properly this time :)
and on that note, no argueing about him :p

kittymine.jpg

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hey, a console freak... can you help me find an FM Towns Marty 2 <G>?

WCP for the GBA would be pretty darned cool with WC1 style talking heads...

Indeed, it would. I think full-talking is a possibility, too. Remember, the only full-talking RPG for SNES was only a 12 MB cart, and that was with many more graphical assests than this game will have, and waaay back in '96, when compression wasn't half so nice as it is now, and there's been a recent price drop of 16MB carts. As for a FM Towns Marty 2, my hopes for ever seeing one in person is as great as my hopes for ever seeing "Rondo of Blood" for the PC-Engine in person. Unless they port that to the GBA.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant

and that was with many more graphical assests than this game will have,

Uh... this is a full 3d game, as compared to one with 2d sprites. I think it'll have plenty of graphical assets, when compared to a SNES RPG :)

As seems to be my custom, I whole-heartedly disagree.

Originally posted by TC

Uh... this is a full 3d game, as compared to one with 2d sprites. I think it'll have plenty of graphical assets, when compared to a SNES RPG :)

2D games with fully animated sprites will have more graphical assets than full 3D games due to the fact that when you animate a sprite, you actualy draw it over again, duplicating the image thirty frames for every second. On the other hand, when you animate a 3D object, you're simply animating the object, not the graphic element. Meaning that your graphical elements are reduced solely to textures and backgrounds. This is the reason Vivarious Visions created the first engine for GBA to handle polygons, in THPS2. The development team over at VV knew there was no cart large enough to get all the animation of the skater they wanted in 2D, so they opted for simple gourad-shaded polygons(texture-mapped in the sequal) that used the same animation of the big-brother console version. This changed what would have been 24MB of assets into the small, 8MB cart that was THPS2(a fantastic GBA game, by the way, for those of you considering buying one now that Prophecy's coming). In other words, using a 3D engine instead of a 2D engine frees up space on the cart for your talking heads... which I'm hoping will actually talk... Like the SegaCD WC1! Woohoo!

Back