Prophecy on GBA

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I highly reccomend that everyone purchase a GBA/TV adaptor <G>
Yes! I love that adapter(composite sucks, but the S-Video is quite good). However, anyone who's playing a game that uses any 3d will be dissapointed, what with those tiny texture resolutions being represented by HUGE TV pixels. For example, I love THPS3 on the GBA, the textures look so sweet... but when you attache the GBA/TV adapter, all that detail goes out the window, and it looks to have sub-PSX quality texture-mapping.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
However, Blue Roses is something entirely different, equally impressive: An engine that allows for fully texture-mapped polygons on the GBA(made with only 2D games in mind) with no additional hardware.

watching the videos it would appear that they have full 3d in their shights, the rally game and the flight sim(?) look very impressive

Originally posted by Conrad

watching the videos it would appear that they have full 3d in their shights, the rally game and the flight sim(?) look very impressive

No, no... I meant that the GBA was only designed with 2D in mind. That's what makes blueroses so impressive.

he he, yeah i read that wrong.
bar the space engine and how the game will play. how are they gonna tell the story? personally i'd love to see real-time cut scenes of the pilots and that. something along the lines of that resident evil style demo (on the blueroses) would be sweet

he he, yeah i read that wrong.
bar the space engine and how the game will play. how are they gonna tell the story? personally i'd love to see real-time cut scenes of the pilots and that. something along the lines of that resident evil style demo (on the blueroses) would be sweet

I dunno. The GBA can handle FMV, and while 16 MB and larger cartridges are getting cheaper(32 MB aren't produced yet), compression is getting better and better. By the end of the SNES' life time, it had one full-talking game under it's belt-- the cart, which had impressive graphics, weighed in at about 12 MB. It's also possible to split a game into two carts, like they did with Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2, which are essentially Golden Sun "disc one" and Golden Sun "disc two." So who knows. It all depends on when they hope to release it, how long they have to develope it, and how much cart space they'll need for it. Maybe it will be two 32 MB carts released two or three years from now with full FMV, maybe it'll be one 16 MB cart with stills from the FMV in the game and no voices released this christmas. It's really too early to tell... If you can't tell, I'm a console geek, through and through. Especially the "lesser known" consoles. I own a Virtual Boy and a Turbo Graf-X 16!

although nintendo are known to be very good at data compression, we have to remember that WCP was three disks worth of FMV... (probably 2 and a half :p). i think the best we can hope or is for them to get as much speech into the game as possible. And also for them to get those controls right, although i doubt we will get the option to man bomber turrets and manage power levels, i hope they do get an control method which is just right. (maybe a pause menu for the more complicated stuff like power reserves, auto map etc...) i cant wait till the first shots come through though.

So...
Now that we know a 'new' WC game is coming out (in a manner of speaking), anyone else think it might be a good idea to change the poll on the main page?

although nintendo are known to be very good at data compression, we have to remember that WCP was three disks worth of FMV... (probably 2 and a half :p).
Yes, three disks worth of 640x480 video. We're talking much smaller res videos with much higher compression. Remember, the GBA screen is about an 8th of a full computer screen. The video becomes super tiny therefor.

Darn! I thought I was the first one to notice that!

Whoa! Did LOAF have that update on the front page of WCNews before I put this thread up? Now I feel foolish. He beat me to it! Leave it to LOAF.

As for loaf updating the front page, if i remember correctly he was fast updating it but you got there first :),

those vids whern't 640*400 resolution, they where only that big after some stretching and interlacing (just uncheck interlaced video in options and see the poor picture quality). still it was what about 600 megs of 320*200 FMV, (a rough guess). although i'd think it would really be cool if they could fit it all into a 16MB cart i doubt they'll go to the trouble. to be honest i hope they use the game engine for cutscenes. as it would help improve the "imersion" of the game, making it seem less segregated almost. Still basically next to nothing has been released about the game so we'll have to wait and see...

If it will lead to the resurrection of the WC games it´s ok, if not, it will be another disappointment

Hey, a console freak... can you help me find an FM Towns Marty 2 <G>?

WCP for the GBA would be pretty darned cool with WC1 style talking heads...

Originally posted by Ghost If it will lead to the resurrection of the WC games it´s ok, if not, it will be another disappointment
What if it leads to a whole new line of GBA WCs? That'd make me ecstatic. Perhaps less so than a PC WC, but ecstatic nonetheless.

Originally posted by junior
So...
Now that we know a 'new' WC game is coming out (in a manner of speaking), anyone else think it might be a good idea to change the poll on the main page?
Are you kidding? I just put that one up last night. The next poll is scheduled for mid 2003.

A man can dream

But there is not going to be any FMV. And there most probably won't be any speech either. The GBA is an amazing little thing, but it's no PC.

there is a good posibility that there will be speach, i have got ISS for GBA and there is a fair amount of comentry in it. i would imagine that destination will at least try and put the flight comms in.

Yeah, a taunt or two could be done.

But as for the story, I think we can expect something along the lines of WC1. Talking heads (drawings) and text-only.

Back