Prophecy on GBA

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
My understanding is that this company has the GBA rights to any EA product for the next three years... which is why Raylight approached them to do a WC game.

Still. It seems very odd.

As Lelap pointed out, previous versions of the Game Boy have sold 110 million units since 1989. The GBA sold more than six million units in its first year. Now that the price has dropped and more creative lighting solutions are available, it's only going to get bigger. The GBA is rolling along quite well. There are already 150 titles designed for it for 150 coming in the next year, with a thousand old compatible titles that look better on the GBA than the system they were designed for. And just wait until the sales spike hits at the launch of Wing Commander for GBA. :)

Hey everyone, update. Craig(at IGN) actually saw the game in action. Here's what he had to say:
Care of ign
Raylight Studios is known for their BlueRoses 3D toolkit on the Game Boy Advance, and the team was recently signed to produce a GBA port of the PC space flight sim Wing Commander Prophecy for Destination Software. Just wait until you see this game in action, folks...the 3D engine does the game extreme justice on the small screen...and it's expected to feature all the missions of the PC game (sans FMV, of course) and four player link as well.

Visit his E3 recap at ign pocket here.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
Hey everyone, update. Craig(at IGN) actually saw the game in action. Here's what he had to say:

Visit his E3 recap at ign pocket here.

It would be one of the only ones without screenshots, wouldn't it :( . Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61

It would be one of the only ones without screenshots, wouldn't it :( . Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

C-ya

No, we can't. But this answers many questions. It's a direct port in full 3D. Every mission. No FMV. It's far more concrete than just "A game called prophecy is coming."

I'm skeptical about a direct port... but I am most definitely hoping for the best!

Originally posted by LeHah
I'm skeptical about a direct port... but I am most definitely hoping for the best!
Well, the real question is how you define "direct port." I mean, if they're porting all the missions, that would seem, to me, to be pretty direct. Naturally, the graphics engine is totally new, and they had to remove the FMV cut-scenes and such, but I don't doubt it'll be about as direct as possible.

I haven't read anything concerning the SO missions yet. I'd be interested to know if they made it in.

As for the four-way play: Yippie!

Yeah, I was jumping up and down when Justin called me at work to tell me about it. I can't freakin wait for the multiplayer.

Would the four player link require all four players to own the cartridge? I know with Sonic Advance for GBA, you can play 2 players with only one cartridge(never actually tried it, but it sounds good enough in the manual).

Wonder how that would be managed - I don't have a GBA (yet?), but on the old GBs, a cartridge of some sort needed to be present for the thing to run.

Still, having one cart for multiplayer is a good step in the right direction, IMHO.

4 player Multiplayer would be difficult for only one cartridge to handle the load of four players. The reason it would be heard is because the cartridge will have to take in the input of the four players and respond to it and through out the special effects and so on..........

I would say two cartridges may be needed to have 4 players but i'm not sure how much information the GBA can handle at once.

4 GBAs with 4 copies of WC:p will most likely be the nessessary equiptment to play it 4-ways.

[Flight Suit and actual Vampire sold seperately.]

I wonder if the multiplayer will be like head to head like in Armada or will you be able to work together on missions. working together on missions would be really cool.

Also if this game sells well, I wonder if that will increase the chances of more games. It could be like a test to see how strong the WC fan base is. If the game does poorly, it could truely be the end of WC games...

Back