Prophecy on GBA

Originally posted by LeHah
4 GBAs with 4 copies of WC:p will most likely be the nessessary equiptment to play it 4-ways.

[Flight Suit and actual Vampire sold seperately.]

A lot of GBAs require less cartridges than players for some of their multiplayer stuff.

i finally found the manual, and for Sonic Advance on GBA, you do only need one cartridge to do a two player time battle.

However there's a difference between a 2d side scroller and a 3d Blue Rose engine. Sonic Advance was little more than a port of a sega genesis game, it might require all players to have cartridges to do a link with WCP.

BTW, I was thinking about space for a few seconds. How much of the original prophecy game was FMV and how much was the actual game on the 3 CD set(or was it 2 CD?, I don't know I never bought the original, only gold).

Originally posted by Wildshot
However there's a difference between a 2d side scroller and a 3d Blue Rose engine.
Yes, there are differences between Sonic Advance's graphics engine and Raylight's BlueRoses, but none that are important in this case.

The single pak multiplayer thing is relatively rare among GBA multiplayer games. Most require multiple copies of the game. Virtually all the single pak multiplayer GBA games are first party or second party, and most only offer a limited multiplayer mode without multiple cartridges. Having an "uneven" multiplayer load such as 2 cartridges with 3 or 4 GBA units provides the same limited features in all the multiplayer games that I've seen so far. I would be very surprised if each player for WCP GBA didn't need their own cartridge. Everybody just needs to go out and buy this game. :) At the very least, even if single pak multiplay is supported, you'd probably get more features if everyone had a cartridge. For example, if both single and multi pak options were available, in single pak mode everyone would probably have to use the same fighter or something like that.

Originally posted by Wildshot

BTW, I was thinking about space for a few seconds. How much of the original prophecy game was FMV and how much was the actual game on the 3 CD set(or was it 2 CD?, I don't know I never bought the original, only gold).

SO basically contains the equivilant game files of prophecy, without FMV (excluding the comm videos.) So about that size.

Do you guys think you are going to get bored of this quick since you and I, and most of us have already played the Prophecy missions hundres of times? Or will the multiplayer option expand that a little?

Nafé

i think the game could get old fast if you have played a lot of prophecy. the multiplayer part does have potential. i would bet that it is just you competing against the other people connected to you. kinda like Armada was back in the day (which is still a great game, often over-looked). I just think there is a lot og hype for it b.c it's something new (well kind of) and it's nice to see that there is still some WC life. however i think it's fading fast.

Originally posted by Naféasonto
Do you guys think you are going to get bored of this quick since you and I, and most of us have already played the Prophecy missions hundres of times?
The four-way will definitely add a very long life to the game, no question. I doubt the single-player missions will be boring at all, even if they're identical to the PC version, but even ignoring that, having deathmatch or CTF, or maybe co-op missions (who knows, really,) will keep this game from getting old at all, since every time you play with another person, it'll be something new.

Multiplayer games last forever, just look at Half-Life or one of its many ancient derivatives.

Ah, I've played my WC collection dozens of times, and I'm still not sick of it! Well, not much, anyway. :)

I think something new - which would also be "different" - is something everyone wants. But clearly we're not getting anything new (PC games, that is) for the near future, so I'm content to replay what we have until then. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
I think something new - which would also be "different" - is something everyone wants. But clearly we're not getting anything new (PC games, that is) for the near future, so I'm content to replay what we have until then. :)

Wedge is right, I'll take what I can get.

Back