Privateer 2 Cheats

Wow, Quarto, you play Halflings ? As thief? You are very courageous or a real roleplayer. Let me quote from "The Munchkin's guide to powergaming":
"Halfling: Naff-all use, except possibly as a snack for the Troll, but they're a bit moreish. Contrary to popular belief Halflings do not make good thieves. They are too fat to climb through windows, they only ever steal from the pantry, and they eat what they steal before they can sell it anyway. It's a miracle that halflings have survived. The only possible reason we can surmise for their continued existence is that they are some alien intelligence's sapient equivalent of cattle - a smart domesticated food source." :D

If you like RPG, you absolutely have to get that book, it's awesome. Or you already own it. But I understand you, I tend to play humans too, elves are nancies and far too powerful in Warhammer and I do not like small races, like Dwarfs and Halflings.

Oh and Bob: Btech is cool but I never liked the way the story developed after Tukyavid. Poor clans (the Smoke Jaguar were my favourite, sniff).

To make it WCish again: What about a WC RPG (not online, good paper-and-pen)? I visited some sites but they were never finished. I tried once myself but then lost most of my writings and then had no intention to start again.

it does have it's own news server, but the only alt.games are for:
alt.games.lynx
alt.games.video.classic

but no alt.games.wingcommander or anything like it. :(

Yeah... I can understand that. That's why I was hoping somenone could give me the name of a good newsserver. I've had no problems logging on to the creative one for example. But I can't find one for Origin or EA.

I don't know any free news servers anymore -- but you can request that your ISP add groups, if you like.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Wow, Quarto, you play Halflings ? As thief? You are very courageous or a real roleplayer.
Oh sorry, I should have explained a bit more. I only play halflings in AD&D, where they definitely do make good thieves. I don't think I've ever tried a halfling in Warhammer... they're too fat there ;).

If you like RPG, you absolutely have to get that book, it's awesome. Or you already own it.
Naah... RPG is a fun past-time, but I'm not about to spend any money on fancy "be a better RPG player" guides.

To make it WCish again: What about a WC RPG (not online, good paper-and-pen)? I visited some sites but they were never finished. I tried once myself but then lost most of my writings and then had no intention to start again.
Well, the trouble with WC is that people always want to make a pilot RPG - and frankly, if I want to go fly a Ferret, I'll play WC2 :).

Yes, Warhammer Halflings are too fat.
I'd really like to play RPG but all of our groups broke up... :(
That whole book is just a big joke, it's not serious at all. It does not make you a better roleplayer (quite the opposite), it's just for fun. Very big fun, indeed
But if you aren't interested anymore in RPG, well then, it's still funny... :D
Any, yeah: A WC RPG shouldn't focus on pilots too much. Secret Ops would be cool or fighting for the Kilrathi...

Well heck, maybe we can have a game the next time I'm in Europe... should be sometime around September. Ah, but I suppose that's too far ahead to plan anything :).

Since you are talking about RPGs (sorry if this goes too much off-thread), I was wondering if anyone here plays or played Magic: The Gathering card game...

I was totally addicted to that when I was 14...
I gathered quite a big collection of rare cards too... in French mostly... and always heard about the giant competitions being organised in America.

Ah, Black Lotus dreams... :)

So, anyone?

Hey Quarto, if you want to play RPG, there's always the Aces...and they have a WC RPG. Or, at least, a link to one...

If you can't find a GM, be one yourself. Then you can make you main character any thing you want.

So do I, LOAF... it's such an awesome game... we spent hours during break periods at school to play it... :)
However, it requires time and... money :(

Magic was good (I seldom played it, it was mostly my brother) but now I think it has been a bit perverted. There are dozens of editions and strange cards. Actually one is a white creature with the description "Cannot be destroyed" (I am not entirely sure if this is the correct wording, but it's the essence). :rolleyes:
Still, I think Magic was the best CCG available and still surpasses most of today's CCG.

And Quarto: Anytime you want :)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-30-2001 at 18:34]

The BG2 is so damned long...more than 100 hs, but is a great game,they will make a game like BG2 with Star Wars...
I Want a WC CRPG ;)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
(...) I think it has been a bit perverted. There are dozens of editions and strange cards. Actually one is a white creature with the description "Cannot be destroyed" (I am not entirely sure if this is the correct wording, but it's the essence). :rolleyes:
Mekt... no card is the "ultimate" card... there is NO such card in Magic...

There are very rare Alpha edition cards that were created in the first years of Magic The Gathering's creation, but were later removed because designers realised how powerful they were and how great an advantage they gave to their possessor...

Such cards include Berserk, Fork, all the Moxes, Time Vault, Time Walk, Timetwister, many more that I don't remember and of course, Black Lotus! :D

Such cards from the Alpha (earliest) edition can reach extremely high prices. To give ya an idea:

Black Lotus 400.00
Ancestral Recall $225.00
Chaos Orb $120.00
Cyclopean Tomb $150.00
Forcefield $175.00
Gauntlet Of Might $175.00
Mox Emerald $200.00
Mox Jet $250.00
Mox Pearl $250.00
Mox Ruby $250.00
Mox Sapphire $250.00
Time Vault $125.00
Time Walk $275.00
Timetwister $225.00

[Edited by mpanty on 05-01-2001 at 01:00]

Nep Parth: Eh, online RPGs suck. Half the fun of playing an RPG game lies in the atmosphere, which you just can't get if you play online.

I played Magic once or twice, but I never found it to be particularly exciting.

Back