Privateer 2 Cheats

The Punisher said:
First things first, EARTHWORM, I have two words for you "DOUBLE SARCASM" HA!
Poor come back, very poor…..
smile.gif

A good example for me is BALDER'S GATE, it's pretty much the ulimate RPG you spend so much time just creating your characters it's crazy and leveling up takes even more time. Once you get to your belief breaking point, and decide to cheat your characters are pretty much invincible and have all the spells and you spend the next half hour trying out all the spells in the game to see what they look like and beating the spit out of a few bosses and then get really sick of it because after all what is the point of playing after you have done all the coolest things to do.
A huge part of the fun RPG's give you is the developing of your character. What's the point of finishing two RPG's using cheats, if you can't fully enjoy them, while at that time you could fully experience one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
(sigh!)

QUARTO, much respect for you!
smile.gif

Earthworm a little less but
wink2.gif
...since we are all friends here... I wish you all happy hunting and a good day.

cheers all around!

THE PUNISHER!

[This message has been edited by The Punisher (edited November 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by The Punisher (edited November 03, 2000).]

Why sick? Did I miss something she was a girl and unless my eyes have gone bad it's not like she ugly or 12 years or any of the things i can think of that would put a person off.

She was hotter than Rachael.

"THE GUILTY MUST BE PUNISHED!"

THE PUNISHER!

Yes, while the actress that played Sosa wasn't bad looking, I believe Wedge might've been referring to your choice of words: "...falling completely in love..." Most people don't actually do that with fictional characters, you know.
wink2.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Thanks Dralthi, you nailed the point.

Actually, I didn't find Sosa that bad. Though she seemed child-like to me (not childish). I liked Panther the best of all the females. She sorta had a friendly relationship with Blair in much the same way as Stiletto and Casey were at the end of Prophecy. I didn't like how Rachel and Robin were overtly connected with Blair in WC3, plus their hair was ridiculously neat, even when Rachel had it bunched up in that hat.

Ok Ok Ok

Bad choice of Freakin' words. All I meant was that I thought she was hot. Man you guys. And don't give me that fictional characters crap either. Im sure everyone would agree that the best part beside the intese space dogfighting is that you believe in the characters. If you didn't then all that video CR spent so much time on from WCIII on didn't make any difference and was a waste of time.

"DEAD OR ALIVE, YOUR COMING WITH ME"

THE PUNISHER!

Cool it, Punisher. *I* know what you meant.
wink2.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Originally posted by Wedge009
Uhhh, just how old are you, Punisher?

Just kidding, you don't have to answer that.
What's the deal with all these "Punisher" quotes?..

Ach, nevermind, you don't have to answer that either... :)
RPG rules!
(except when it takes so much time away from us, that we forget we have better things to do... like STUDYING... <groan> )

[Edited by mpanty on 04-22-2001 at 23:51]

Originally posted by Quarto
Oh? I want all the money in that bank over there, but I wouldn't go rob it even if was guaranteed not only success but also immunity from prosecution.
See, some people have this thing called a sense of morality.

YOU might not, but you'd be surprised at who, given the right circumstances, would...and I'm not talking about hypnosis or anything.

Frankly, I fail to see the connection between cheating at a game and robbing the bank. :) I mean, sure, I usually don't cheat, but let me put it this way: I SUCK!!! I really do. And, given the choice between going postal because of a video game and cheating...I'll choose cheating. Hands down. Every time. There are no other options for me.

Anyway, I'll look for those cheat codes...preferbly a link, so those with High Moral Standards don't see something they don't want to. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Frankly, I fail to see the connection between cheating at a game and robbing the bank. :) I mean, sure, I usually don't cheat, but let me put it this way: I SUCK!!! I really do. And, given the choice between going postal because of a video game and cheating...I'll choose cheating. Hands down. Every time. There are no other options for me.
Argh! Come on! You can't be that bad! With patience and perseverance... ;)

For those who can't resist the temptation... or are just too bad to win without using them... :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
If the programmers didnt want you to cheat then why did they put cheat codes in in the first place?

Bug fixing.

The real question should be "Why didn't they take them OUT" :p

The game developers have no problem with people cheating -- they're the ones who usually *tell* us about such codes after the games are released.

There are *lots* of reasons for the average person to cheat, aside from "laziness" -- I recall a compelling argument from someone back at the OCZ who was near blind but still wanted to enjoy the game...

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Frankly, I fail to see the connection between cheating at a game and robbing the bank. Anyway, I'll look for those cheat codes...preferbly a link, so those with High Moral Standards don't see something they don't want to.
Oh, all right, so maybe I overreacted :). Judging from the Machiavelli thing I mentioned in a later post in this thread, it was a tense time for me - a time of Machiavelli essays ;).

Back