Post your Unknown Enemy opinions

Well, I could go on and on ranting about possibilities and implimentations of an idea noone would like anyway, but instead I'm going to comment on the Epee. While I do like the model itself, it seems, somehow, unfinished. The fronts of the engines are a flat grey half-circle, the cockpit could use a lil' more definition(perhaps a small "lip" around the windows to show it's a seperate part of the ship), and the guns, while accurate, look like matchsticks. perhaps making the green heads have a subtle flat ridge around them... wouldn't be diving away from the "canon" of it by any degree, and it would make the model look a bit neater...

PS. The Scimitar and Ferret look awesome!

Sorry to get off topic...

Originally posted by Filler
It says in Genesis that the Nephilim had sexual relations with women at the time and the produced offspring. Hence the reason for the Great Flood.
Originally posted by Ghost
The Nephilim are the offsprings of the women and the Angels
I just wanted to say that we really don't know much about the Nephilim, and much of what is out there is conjecture. Too the Great Flood was due the wickedness of mankind, not specifically because of the Nephilim.

To get back on track, I was going to say that the Bearcat could look different because it was a Confed fighter... but then I remembered that so was the Epee and the Scimitar. Perhaps a simple explanation of a generation gap?

Epee is very good made in UE as the other ships too...

But Epee generaly sucks as a design by itself , I really dont like it.

Anyway , Bearcat is very well maded too and I dont think is "different" from the other ships.....

P.S. Eder makes great textures!!!!

Couple things:

1) I figured out what (one of) the prob was w/ Bearcat texturing: The cockpit window(s) need to be darker. Even though it's a "shade" of black, it needs to be *darker* or else it simply looks like another area of paint on the ship, rather than standing out (as a window should) in stark contrast to the rest of the ship's hull.

2) I agree on the Epee's guns. Having the muzzle be green in color makes no sense ("matchstick"); make it black or some other very dark shade, else go with ridging or flanging at the muzzle (as suggested below) to better imply the actual contours such a muzzle would likely have

Originally posted by TC
The word "repair" implies that something is broken :)

'Tis:

While in "edit" mode & logged in, I decide to delete the post I just made. I check the delete box, hit the delete button (as per the instructions), and I get an error mssg saying I can't delete it. The very first time I tried this function, it worked fine. It's never worked for me *since* then, however...

...Sounz like "broke" to me...

Originally posted by Ghost
You can´t delete your posts, it´s stated in many threads, like this

I checked the 3 most recent pages of that thread, and it ain't specifically stated anywhere that you can't. All I see is TC cautioning against it.

But let's assume, anyway, that you're right:

Then this entire "Delete Post" feature I see at the top of the page as I type this is, what -- some type of joke, then?

"For entertainment purposes only"?...
:confused:

Originally posted by Quarto
Hmm, well, I must say I always liked the Bearcat... if the textures on it look different to other ships, it's probably because it's one of the earlier ships Eder textured for us.
That's correct, IIRC the Bearcat was the first ship I textured for UE - and personally, nowadays I hate the way it looks. If you plan to use it on UE2, Q, be sure to let me retexture it first... same goes for the Ferret.

BTW, Preacher, It's funny how you like the Ferret's mesh and texture and dislike those of the Bearcat - IIRC, both were done by me at around the same point... and I'm sure I tried to make their textures look consistent with one another - must've not been as successful as I thought, huh? Anyway, like I said, wheter they're consistent with one another or not doesn't matter - I think they're both ugly :p

Oh, and as for the Epee's guns - I have no idea why they painted them lime green in WC2 either, but the fact is that they did, so for all I know, the Epee has glowing gun barrel openings :)

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
That's correct, IIRC the Bearcat was the first ship I textured for UE - and personally, nowadays I hate the way it looks. If you plan to use it on UE2, Q, be sure to let me retexture it first... same goes for the Ferret.
Oh, you can re-texture anything you like... Bearcat, Ferret, Banshee, Avenger... I certainly won't try to stop you ;).

Well, the UE Epee no longer carries particle cannons, does it? anyway, it's not the color of it we're griping about, it's the fact that said weapons... in fact the entire texture... lacks the definition of the Ferret, or the Scimitar. That thing more or less just needs a retexturing.
By the way, I agree with the whole darkening the windows of the Bearcat idea.

Greatest WC game in a while!

You guys have some real talent, even though this game is running on the prophecy graphics engine, it has the definate feel of the old school WC games. I absolutely loved WC1 and 2. 3/4 were good, with WCP being kind of a let down. I wish Origin was still putting out WC games with the same feel as what you guys have accomplished. I think you guys could give Origin a run!

2 BIG thumbs up, I can't wait for UE2 even though i'm not done with UE. Hopefully we'll see some addons to this wonderful addition to the WC universe.

Originally posted by Quarto
Oh, you can re-texture anything you like... Bearcat, Ferret, Banshee, Avenger... I certainly won't try to stop you ;).

Good, good. If I get to retexture all the human ships, I'll be even happier - you know how much of a consistency freak I am when it comes to texturing.

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
...you know how much of a consistency freak I am when it comes to texturing.

--Eder

Actually, I didn't know that, but I'm certainly glad to hear it :D , since I feel likewise (as you could kinda gather from my posts on said subject)...

Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Eder Good, good. If I get to retexture all the human ships, I'll be even happier - you know how much of a consistency freak I am when it comes to texturing.
<Emperor>Do what you will with them!</Emperor> :)

hey quarto I posted this in the section just moved by TC to here but I thought I'd repost this here as well cause I know you were a very major player in this game so here goes:

I love UE but I just can't get past that 3rd or 4th mission the one right after the first cutscene that the bugs show up. I don't get killed or anything but I always lose the base on the second return to it. I have real trouble with the scimitar so I use the Banshee. so My question is any advice on completing the mission without failing by losing the major things I'm suppose to defend against?

Originally posted by Preacher

Then this entire "Delete Post" feature I see at the top of the page as I type this is, what -- some type of joke, then?

No, it's just off.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
I love UE but I just can't get past that 3rd or 4th mission the one right after the first cutscene that the bugs show up. I don't get killed or anything but I always lose the base on the second return to it. I have real trouble with the scimitar so I use the Banshee. so My question is any advice on completing the mission without failing by losing the major things I'm suppose to defend against?
Save your missiles and ammo for the base defense parts of the mission... don't worry about the freighters and shuttles too much, the base is far more important. When you arrive at the base, go after the red Mantas and the Barracudas first - they're the ones that carry torpedoes. If they fire a torpedo, do everything humanly possible to take it out before it hits the station. That's about it... it's really quite easy, once you know what to do ;).

...No, really, it is :p.

Back