Post your Unknown Enemy opinions

Pedro

Admiral
Ok strictly this is an Unknown Enemy topic but I'm thinking for the release it would be nice to get as a broad a range of opinions as possible on what everyone thinks of what they've played so far.

Really hope everyone is enjoying it! :)

How do you think we are going to rate it? :) This is the first new WC game we've played in 3-4 years, I think the opinion will be pretty much all positive. I love it so far, of course all I've had time to do is to mess around in the simulator but the gameplay is a blast. I also like the callsign of your Wing Commander fitting to yours in the fiction. So far A+.

C-ya

First, congrats to all the UE group, UE is a great product and you should be proud of it.
Nice WC1 *feel* in a 3d engine, Vision Engine is old, but can display a lot of great things thanks to HCl tools., and the cutscenes and movies are pretty good!
The music was ,surprisingly,very good it´s sounds like a mix of WC1 and WC3.
The missions looks interesting, not the common Patrol from Nav1 to NAV4 then come back.
The AI is great, the Kilrathi are a challenge and they know how to use their ships. (Nasty surprise from Gratha´s rear, that was very cool)
Excellent Story, i expected 2 or 3 mails/news per mission, but i can see that they are at least 9 or 10 ONLY in the first mission, the story looks good (i´m in the begining of Mission 3)
Nice models, the BWS Dauntless and the other CapShips looks like a dream, the fighters looks great too, i just expect the Raptor in the next add-on ;), The New Scimitar is great with the new Viper Gun and the Epee is the same piece of shit that WC2´s Epee, the feel of flying is the same :p
Big surprise when i saw the Salthi in 2b, and that big CapShip Battle in the same mission, i thought that me, in my tiny Scimitar, had to blow those Ralari and Fralthi, but the Dauntless took care of both of them.
And the joyness of flying with Ghost as a wingman, Ghost and Ghost really kick some ass!

Originally posted by Ghost
The music was ,surprisingly,very good it´s sounds like a mix of WC1 and WC3.

Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. It's also pleasing to me that you think I accomplished my goal (a mix of the older musical sound).

the entire game is a pease of Art that Im proud of been part of it, the game really rules, I haven't play a WC game for a logn time, and this game make me remmeber good old times.

WC UE is a great example of what a great community can do

UE is definately an A++ fan made mod for WCP/SO. I too have not had a chance to play the campaign missions yet, went thru a couple of the simulator missions.

Applause to all of the UE development team and those that participated in testing!

Likes and dislikes:

Well, I like the fact that it is something completely new for WC. I also like the new CIC center. Excellent graphics and great intro movie. Again I have not had the chance to go thru the plot missions, so cant really comment on that part. The music sort of took me back to the good ol days. Nice touch UE team!

What I dont like about it is that this takes place during the time of WCP, but were flying very outdated ships! Ok, ok, classics are good! And I like a classic ship just like anyone else! But its kinda wierd that your flying along during the timeline of WCP, inside a ship from a timeline far earlier. Still, it gives the UE mod a touch of class! I remember mentioning somewhere on this board, that any of the WC ships from the past, could be used in the future with the proper system upgrades etc. I also remember someone balking at me about that! Guess it doesnt matter now eh? (haha)

Overall, in the words of Mr. Burns from the Simpsons...it is "EXCELLENT"! :)

Way to go UE team! Two thumbs up!

Originally posted by RFBurns
What I dont like about it is that this takes place during the time of WCP, but were flying very outdated ships!

What else were you expecting from the Border Worlds?

I gotta go to class, so I'll reply more fully to all these comments later ;).

Originally posted by Ghost
Nice models, the BWS Dauntless and the other CapShips looks like a dream, the fighters looks great too, i just expect the Raptor in the next add-on, The New Scimitar is great with the new Viper Gun and the Epee is the same piece of shit that WC2´s Epee, the feel of flying is the same
I hope you noticed the Heavy Stormfire that the Epee (and Banshee) carries. If you haven't, then your opinion of the Epee's usefulness may change dramatically :).

God, it's a beautiful thing. I was impressed the moment this sucker started-up. The graphics are a hybrid of what made WC1 great and still having a slick 3D look to them.

The game seems a touch hard to me, but that could be because I'm rusty. And the guy who voices the main character has the most annoying voice in the frickin world, you coulda done better.

It is a blast flying the old ships though!

It's indeed looking like an excellent piece of work. I agree on the the voice of the Dauntless comms officer and the mission briefing voiceover (if you need some good voice alterations/FX and acting for any further additions to UE Quarto, I'll do them for you too).

I've got upto the invasion mission i think it was where u keep flying backwards and fowards saving ppl, I've only had time to try it once but found it bloody hard, got back to Dauntless and the enemy destroyed it before I had even fired a shot....hope that was a unique 'glitch' incident...gonna 'ave another go now.

Originally posted by Quarto

I hope you noticed the Heavy Stormfire that the Epee (and Banshee) carries. If you haven't, then your opinion of the Epee's usefulness may change dramatically :).

Three words: PAPER THIN ARMOR.

The Epee´s Stormfire is very good. but the armor and shield are too low for my taste.
Also i learned that *Head on Head* attacks with the Epee and the Scimitar isn´t a good thing to do.
I didn´t used the Banshee yet, but i think that will be pretty good.

G'ah has my acting abilities as the Dauntless comm officer just taken a fatal insult? :eek:

Ohwell never claimed to be an actor, but I really liked the briefing voice overs personally.

pedro, you're too drunk to realise that he was complementing those voice overs...
but wait til he hears your ex' voice over :p

eh gad I wish we'd had time to replace hers, and its halloween, one has to get drunk wearing a bleeding scream mask having spent the night dancing with four gorgeous women only to return to watch Bill and Ted.

D'OH!

bloody hell, ok 4 attempts at this mission where u keep flying backwards and fowards defending the same beaufort base like 3 times, and always at the end the Dauntless pops it's clogs, i've gone through it taking on every ship thats attacking the dauntless (using the nav map) especially the red mantas and still won't work. Add the fact that the missions takes like 20mins to get to the end I give up, oh well.

Back