Pilgrim cross

Technician

Spaceman
Is the pilgrim coss really worth buying??

It's looks really nice on the picture, but is it really nice? I've never seen a real one.

Doen anyone have one? or does anyone know if it's a nice collectible?

I've got one, its good quality and looks nice (and despite the CIC warning it got through customs), I'd recommend getting one if you're a collector

If you can buy it, do it. It has something special, the cross. And the knife in it makes it cooler then it already is. It just that you have somethint of wing commander that you can wear, and is unique (never saw something you can hang around neck, and let a knife come out of it).

The cross be a cool thing to wear if you got together with some other WC fans (just make sure not to stab yourself:))... You have your Trek fans dressing up in those corny ST uniforms, so the WC fans could have something similar to recognize eachother.

They aren't made like the ones in the movie, 'cause that would be impossible to engineer a slideout blade like the one in the movie, that and very illegal in most states. The blade just snaps into the end and locks in place (at least that's how it works on the ones I've seen). Would be cooler if the blade did slide out, but that's just my opinion as a knife collector.

Originally posted by butana
I won't ware it either

I won't ware something I don't believe in
Dude... Its not like you're converting to pilgrimism by wearing the cross.... That's like telling me I'm a satanist because i wear a shirt with a little devil on it... Besides, last time I checked the Pilgrim religion WAS fictional... Frankly I think that the cross is cool and i agree it would have been cooler with a slide out blade rather than a snap on, since the slideout would be more sturdy and stable anyway. But it would be highly illegal as a concealed weapon in pretty much every state 'cept texas, where they're only allowed in school and church...

Originally posted by Dragonmage
But it would be highly illegal as a concealed weapon in pretty much every state 'cept texas, where they're only allowed in school and church... [/B]

that's the greating of the netherlands.
we can wear anything, but guns and knives with a blade longer than de palm of your hand.

holland rules (in this case)

:cool:

[Edited by butana on 02-07-2001 at 03:10]

Well, you are allowed to wear a knife not longer than the palm of your hand, but guns are illegal here as far as I know.

Originally posted by Knight
They aren't made like the ones in the movie, 'cause that would be impossible to engineer a slideout blade like the one in the movie, that and very illegal in most states. The blade just snaps into the end and locks in place (at least that's how it works on the ones I've seen).

Knight is very correct. As you can see here, the blade can be removed with the push of a button. Now, unless you plan on wearing the cross with a five inch blade sticking out of it, there's no danger of stabbing yourself or anyone else. :)

The Pilgrim religion is decended from Christianity, that is why the Cross is their symbol, so if one is christion then at least to a degree they do believe in it.

Fine by me, but wearing apparel from a movie even if it resembals a religious symbal of modern days does not in anyway conflict with any organized religion and I find anybody who thinks that a damn symbol from a movie would confilct with their own beliefs is picking at hairs so thin that it would be the same as to refuse to wear a shirt with the typical 5 sided star just because it resembals a Pentagram or a Star of David (that has 6 points)

To wear a necklace is not to put aside your religion. I'm wiccan as well but the fact is that I wear what i want, when I want to. That is part of the core belief of wicca, "an if it harm none, do what ye will..." it's not against wicca to wear anything, and there is no reason you'd have to put anything aside. If you truly believe in your religion than that is all that matters. You could wear a buddha or cross or star of david, it doesn't really matter because beliefs are in your heart and your mind, not hanging around your neck. Besides that no one else would even know what the hell the thing was unless they'd seen the movie, which i really don't think that too many people who weren't wing commander fans even saw it, much less would recognize it in public... Lighten up man.

here here I agree. Wearing the Pilgrim cross would not interfer with my religion (or as the case is Lack there of). I don't see much of a problem with it. But hey, if you do then don't wear it, I would not presume to tell you what you should think of as right.

your are both right, I was make an ass of my self.
thanx, but I'm a little offensive against chirstian believe

He admitted to making of ass of himself (herself?). My god.

I salute you, butana. We have so many asses here in the CZ, I wish more could take a step back, like yourself, and realize that they said something stupid.

Cheers!

Back