Pilgrim cross

People, if you are so caught up with what's not appropriate and what's appropriate to wear regarding your religion, it takes away from the 'true' meaning of religion, which regards sprituality.

Even though I am athiest, I would still wear the Pilgrim Cross, its very stylish! (shame I can't find one too easily without using the net)

You can have a knife store order the cross directly from United Cutlery for you, if you don't want to use the internet.

The only thing you might have to worry about is that if displayed prominantly people might mistake you for christian. I think it varies enough from the standard cross that wouldn't really be an issue though maybe one out of a thousand people or so would assume your christian because of it, and hell it's generally assumed that everyone is christian anyways.

Not that there's anything wrong with christianity, I'm sure if some other religion was the majority the christians would get sick and tired of always being assumed to be of the more common faith be it Jewish,Buddist,Atheist, or misc.

Some people mistake you for christian, some think it means you're mocking christianity. Baptists, to them everything is offensive.

Uh... yeah... whatever. There is a high amount of danger involved in a thread that drifts into religion... so you're gonna have to cease and desist, I'm afraid.

Hehe. Not trying to start anything, simply relating some observations. I've seen people taking flak for the pilgrim cross before, and locally it's the Southern Baptists that cause the most stir, that's all.

Since Tyedye is making just a simple observation based on what I take to be personal experience I see no reason why he should be stoped, if anyone is offended, don't be sinse it is not an opinion or anything open to debate, it was just a statement of what has happend to tyedye

Well, Napoleon, I'm not saying that this discussion has to be completely stopped, but nonetheless one must exercise extreme caution when discussing religion.

There is, for example, a certain amount of chance that there are actually Baptists here, or someone who knows Baptists and disagrees with TyeDyeBoy. To make things worse, whether he is right or not, any passing Baptist will be offended (if Tye is wrong, then offended by the false accusation; if Tye is right, then offended because "everything is offensive to them") :).

But TyeDye was describing a specific set of circumstances... he enountered such problems. Don't moderate based on personal feelings...

Eh? Moderate on personal feelings? TyeDye didn't at first say he was talking about specific circumstances. Thus, what he said applied to every Baptist out there, and that is what's dangerous.

Yup, mass generalizations about mass religion is never a good thing. Any religion has it's share of nutcases as well as it's share of really nice people.

"I've seen people taking flak for the pilgrim cross before, and locally it's the Southern Baptists that cause the most stir, that's all."

We don't moderate based on your feelings towards specific religions, let him be.

Originally posted by redwolf
Good to see freedom of speech reign supreme...at least sometimes... :)

Too bad there's no such thing as freedom of speech here.

"Congress shall pass no laws..." (yes, US-centric, but the CZ is hosted in the US)

We ain't congress. :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
"I've seen people taking flak for the pilgrim cross before, and locally it's the Southern Baptists that cause the most stir, that's all."

We don't moderate based on your feelings towards specific religions, let him be.
No. That's not what this is about - that was just his explanation of his first post, which went like this:

"Some people mistake you for christian, some think it means you're mocking christianity. Baptists, to them everything is offensive."

Notably, it was after this first post that I cracked down on him. As for personal feelings, I don't think I've ever met a Baptist of any kind, so I couldn't care less about them. I *do* know how to do my job, LOAF.

Back