new wing commander game or movie?, i think not!

WC on SNES was still a good game... even if the controls were a little annoying but given the controller, i guess that's the best they could do.

None of the variants really give wc much justice. the controls are different and usually harder. SWC mac has some really crappy features that should NOT have been implemented in the way they were. other than that. the consoles usually have some new multimedia features and thats about it.

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

To conserve space they doubled up the graphics for the Salthi instead of including new ones for the Salthi.

The SNES SM box art is actually a joke about this... (heavily armed green Salthi).

If you're referring to post counts, I'm not "whoring" as you say. I simply want to make sure that's what he meant because typos and text conversation in general are notorious for causing misunderstandings. Sorry, but go pick on someone else. :( [Not to mention that if I really was into the "whoring" business, I'd have quit posting several months ago.]

Originally posted by Frosty
Look, you already made Major General, you can back off the whoring already.
You know that old saying about people in glass houses? Your "shut up" posts are even more useless and annoying than the post-count-raisers that irritate you.

Originally posted by Frosty
I'm of the opinion that WC3 3DO is better than the PC version.
What do you think of the PSX WC3? The 3DO version doesn't have wrecks leftover when cap ships blow up, and I really like that. Just a whole lot more bells and whistles, in my opinion. Or are you partial to the 3DO joystick?

3DO *does* have a fantastic joystick...

... but I prefer WC3 3DO to WC3 PSX or WC3 Mac because it really brings a new experience to the table. The gameplay and missions are entirely different... so it's a lot more fun to play around with.

I don't personally own the joystick, but yes, I do happen to like it. I'll buy one pretty soon I guess.

I never played the PSX version, so I didn't want to make any sort of judgement on that, but I do feel that the 3DO version does plenty justice to WC3, contrary to an earlier stated opinion.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The gameplay and missions are entirely different... so it's a lot more fun to play around with.

How are they different? I´ve never played WC3 3DO

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
3DO *does* have a fantastic joystick...

... but I prefer WC3 3DO to WC3 PSX or WC3 Mac because it really brings a new experience to the table. The gameplay and missions are entirely different... so it's a lot more fun to play around with.

Isn't WC3 Mac identical to WC3 PC? I've never played WC3 mac.

If you have the WC3 strategy guides, it explains in intimate detail all the differences between the games.

I never played the 3do version, only the PC one, but if I recall, the only difference was different enemies at the nav points. And they had Kilrathi aces similar to the way they were in the first Wing Commander game.

Back