new wing commander game or movie?, i think not!

Naféasonto

Swabbie
Banned
I am going to give my opinion that there will probably never be another Wing Commander Movie or Game anymore. If one hasn't even been considered or annouced since WCP was released in 1997 which was about 5 years ago. I really have no hope anymore. Unless its some super secret project that they have underwraps or no one is telling anyone anything. Now people say or there is going to be a Wing Commander show once again, but I hope this time it has more then 13 episdoes, god forbid a company loses $2 million dollars compared to the $50 million they earn, yes this is my opinons. But I had to get it out. Couldn't hold it in anymore. I don't know about all of you, but I have lost all hope, now all we can do is write our own stories and projects, and read the books. A game would be nice though. There hasn't been a decent Space Sim out there yet since wing commander. Or should I say, nothing like wing commander.

Nafe

Sorry for the late reply but we've been crazy moving into new offices,
getting a new mail system up and running and merging PNR films into
Ascendant (PNR is going to stay for my broad band interactive company)

The Wing TV series is still in the early stages of development. We are
looking for a showrunner right now (in the TV world the showrunner is
usually the lead writer on the project -- David Kelly is a high profile
example). We have been talking to financial partners for the show for
the past six months -- which would most likely be shot in Canada, or
possibly Germany... If all goes well we may be in production at the
beginning of next year for a mid season or summer slot in 2003 on either
a network or a cable channel (like Sci-Fi, USA or FX). I'll let you
know more as it develops...

Hope all is well over at WCNEWS...

it looks like the show will be live action after all

Originally posted by Naféasonto
I am going to give my opinion that there will probably never be another Wing Commander Movie or Game anymore. If one hasn't even been considered or annouced since WCP was released in 1997 which was about 5 years ago.
Have a read of one of LOAF's articles

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I'm sure there'll always be someone needing to ask you some little tidbit of Wing Commander trivia. ;)

I think the first CR game ever to be released for public was actually an RPG game, and also one of the first games which features the option for the player to choose a role of a woman.

Any guesses?

Soma is correct.

The game you're thinking of, Fraix, is Times of Lore... his first game with *Origin*.

Oh, that's just me. I was mildly amused at the coincidence of the word Kong in Miyamoto's and Roberts' first games, even if you weren't. ;)

That'd be like laughing at the fact that Star Wars and Star Trek both contain the word Star :(

Don't be difficult, or you'll make me cry too. :) You have to admit, "Kong" is a little less commonly used than "Star".

Originally posted by Wedge009
Don't be difficult, or you'll make me cry too. :) You have to admit, "Kong" is a little less commonly used than "Star".

Not when they're both games about giant monkeys!

Kong being a port of Donkey Kong for some obscure British computer system...

The coincidence level is similar to that of "Wow! Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation both have 'star' in their names!"

Back