new wing commander game or movie?, i think not!

Yes, It might be the same minus FMV or there might be extra missions and in-game (3d engine) cut scenes or 2d cut scenes like in the original WC. Or it could be the email system from SO they might even include the SO missions, who knows!! They might even change the ship design a little (think WC1 + 2 compared to SWC)

Wait... hold on a minute... did Frosty just say there's a new game that was shown at E3??? Do you mean the GBA Prophecy, or another entirely?(I'm sure we would have heard about it already if it were a whole new game... but still.)

I'm sure Frosty was referring to WCP GBA. Look at the time stamps, he posted just after LOAF did.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, I'm telling you, we really *don't* know how different it will be...

We don't know what it'll look like, we don't know how it will sound. You're absolutely right. We don't know how different it will be. But in response to your statement "We don't know what it is yet," we most certainly know what it is. It's

Originally posted by Millzy
...a re-hashed game on a new platform.

It will feature the same missions from the PC, in some shape or form. That's all I was responding to. Anyone who saw it claims it approximates the look and feel of WCP PC. I never claimed it wouldn't be different-- just not different enough to qualify it as a "new"game. Same plot? No. Same missions? Yes. Same game.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
I never claimed it wouldn't be different-- just not different enough to qualify it as a "new"game. Same plot? No. Same missions? Yes. Same game.

That's according to you. Fortunately, nobody gives a damn whether you think it's a new game or not.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

That's according to you. Fortunately, nobody gives a damn whether you think it's a new game or not.

Care of ign
Raylight Studios is known for their BlueRoses 3D toolkit on the Game Boy Advance, and the team was recently signed to produce a GBA port of the PC space flight sim Wing Commander Prophecy for Destination Software. Just wait until you see this game in action, folks...the 3D engine does the game extreme justice on the small screen...and it's expected to feature all the missions of the PC game (sans FMV, of course) and four player link as well.

Ah, yes, the witty repartee of wildweasel. No, it's not according to me. Craig from IGNpocket said it's a port with all the same missions. Which I consider to be-- imagine this-- a port with all the same missions, i.e., not new enough to be a new game. Craig actually saw the game in action. He's a video game journalist. I know you think insulting people makes you look really clever, but perhaps you ought to actually read up on the things your discussing before you try that tactic.

Just so you know I didn't make this up, visit his E3 recap at ign pocket here.
LOAF: I really want you to tell me why you disagree with me. What about "port" and "all the missions from the PC version" is new? Or is there something I'm overlooking? I don't stonewall-- I'm not one of those flaming, arguing until my face turns blue sort of people, my mind can be changed. So tell me why. Your certainly smarter than me-- that's not sarcastic, I believe it. So change my mind... don't just say, "you're wrong," without backing up the statement with something constructive.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
No, it's not according to me. Craig from IGNpocket said it's a port with all the same missions. Which I consider to be-- imagine this-- a port with all the same missions, i.e., not new enough to be a new game.

I didn't disagree with the fact that it's a port with all the same missions, did I? Look at the two fragments I highlighted. You consider it not new enough to be a new game. I'm just informing you that whether or not you think it's a new game is fairly irrelevant.

I know you think insulting people makes you look really clever, but perhaps you ought to actually read up on the things your discussing before you try that tactic.

I didn't actually insult you (intentionally). Perhaps you ought to actually read my post before replying to it.

Based on our interactions with Raylight thus far, I am not very convinced that this will be a direct translation of Prophecy -- I believe there's a significant chance that it will have different missions.

Either way, the story will have to be brought in a different way. Prophecy GBA will be a new and possibly quite different experience. Not to mention the four player link...

And anyway, it's called Prophecy GBA. What do you expect of a game called Prophecy GBA? How could the game possibly be entirely different? I'd be more concerned if they were making it into something entirely different because then we would have to spend the next 4 years argueing over continuity issues.

Also, I think the chances of an entirely new Wing Commander game geing made for the GBA or a console are close to zero. Ports require considerably less time, effort and money. So take it or leave it.

A game that has "all the missions of the original" doesn't tell if it will or will not have aditional missions. I imagine they will at least add a multiplayer campaign.

As with Episode III, this is mostly speculation (even the original missions are only expected, not confirmed). Let's not build up too much of an expectation lest some be disappointed when it's actually released.

Agreed. I'm still skeptical about a WC GBA game, but I'll approach it with open arms, none-the-less.

How many times has what we wanted and what we got been two very different things! Still it's fun to discuss what we would like to be able to reasonably expect from this endeavor.

I'm pretty optimistic myself. What we saw of Star Giants was on the older game engine, and the remade WCP will feature the newer version. Heck, I was drooling at the older screens!

They are trying something new with the GBA, which is good. It is always good to try something new. I just think why waste time on making a game that came out a long time ago, same game, same missions, same stuff again, which people must of played upteen times over and over again. (Unless you made your own missions, and ships, and new textures.) All I am saying is they should work on another Wing Commander game which fans want so very much, if I am not mistaken. Unelss the WCP for GBA is being made by another company, other then that, why are they wasting there time?

UNLESS, they are making new ways on the WCP for GBA, like making multiplayer hook ups, so you could fly together, now that would be really cool. Then I would consider getting it for me and my friend to play.

Nafé

Back