new wing commander game or movie?, i think not!

Orginally posted by Bandit LOAF But it *is* being made by another company and it *does* have multiplayer...

Don't understand why they just don't do it for the computer though? Other then that, I will probably get it now.

Nafé

Because there's already a Wing Commander Prophecy for the 'computer' and because it's a company which produces GameBoy games.

Of course I know that I mean, why don't they make another like it for the computer, like a re-realease. Or do you think taht would be a bad idea?

Nafé

I'm optimistic, except for the controls, I never liked playing Wing Commander on the SNES, and I don't think GBA will be much better. They'll have to simplify the interface big time, and even so, a D-Pad is no substitute for a Logitech wingman/

Ah, that's okay. I'm a keyboard player! :) But seriously, how the numerous command from the PC will transfer to the GBA will be difficult, to put it lightly. We'll just have to see how they do it.

A lot of it will probably be simplified -- there's a *lot* of unnecessary keyboard comments...

What do you consider unnecessary? I personally use the comms a fair bit. I imagine people would tweak the power allocation and use the navmap a bit too. I suppose the last two could be relegated to some sort of pause/menu function as mentioned before... <to self> ah, stop thinking about it.

There are all kinds of things you can cut down... You don't need multiple keys to target, just one that scrolls through them. You don't need a lock key if the targets are automatically locked. You don't need a 'Full Thrust' or 'Zero Thrust' key, you can just scroll to the highest and lowest settings rather quickly. WC1 was able to cut it down to console controls. I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem.

No it isn't. People porting Wing Commander games have been doing it since the dawn of time.

"Shoot guns? Do we need that? Hmm, yeah. Anything else? No, not really."

Maybe it's just because I've never played WC on a console (barring a trial run on ZSNES), but I think the kind of setup you describe would detract from the gameplay somewhat. Although I assume you're exaggerating a little.

Originally posted by Manic
The snes doesn't do WC justice.
Quite the opposite, actually, the SNES did a wonderful job with SM.

As for the controls Sega systems at the time had only one more button than the GBA, I doubt there will be a problem at all.

Wait, doesn't the SNES also have 256 colours? I'm pretty sure it's capable of 8-bit colour depth, with an additional 8 bits for transparancy.

Well, the SNES is capable of displaying on-screen a total of 256 simultaneous colors from a pallette of 64000 or somesuch gobbledygook, but WC didn't use that feature.

Back