New game concept(reposted from another thread)

Originally posted by Manic
OOH I just had yet ANOTHER IDEA!
MINI GAMES! For instance, if you really screw up you're grounded... so you have to plan out the missions for everyone else, and stay behind... then the ship comes under attack! You quickly run from the bridge to the gunnery controls, and take charge of one of the turrets on the carrier :) Now THAT would be cool! Imagine, an entire battle swarming about, friendlies and enemies... while you're stuck on the capship manning a turret. :)
Just an idea, but it'd make the game a bit more interesting... and one hell of a shock to someone who didn't read any game guides or anything before flying it... LOL
Mini-games that are fun are definitly a bonus in a good game! Just look at Final Fantasy 7! Without all those mini games it would have been somewhat... less fun.

They already did that. It's called 'BANG! Gunship Elite' It sat on the shelves at my store for a couple of months or so, and then we pulled it due to lack of sales.

Confed doesn't hire mercs.
Forgotten Privateer/RF?

Originally posted by Fenris
The terminology changed, as Wing Commander became CAG, and also consider that Prophecy is supposed to be during what is considered peacetime, so procedures are a bit different.
LOAF has already explained that a Wing Commander commands one wing, a CAG commands several. Besides, a CAG is a navy rank, AFAIK.

I'm not saying the ENTIRE GAME should be set place in the turret, but it'd be a nice change to have it in single player... (of course not in multiplayer. that'd be TOO effective.) and probably for only one or two missions. The reason that game bombed is because it was JUST a turret sim. But having a space sim where, if the circumstances are correct, you have to run a turret, if even just once... It'd electrify fans. I know I always wanted to show those boys at gun control how to do the job right... :)

By the way... Privateer/RF was the exception, not the rule.

As is Wing Commander :D
Or Squadron leader (I was mistaken on blair's case. The Victory only HAD one squadron, after all. He was likely Wing Commander.)

Which makes the silly idea of thinking Blair was a CAG even sillier. :)

Grayson Burrows wasn't the only privateer hired by Confed. But I suppose it was probably only because Perry was a backwater system, and Confed was desperate.

[Gah, you posted before me. Blair was Wing Commander of the Victory. And 40 fighters really only constitutes half a wing! (The Vesuvius has four wings with 100 fighters each, the Midway has three wings with 84 fighters each)

Hehe you gotta have faster fingers, Wedge :)
But we're wandering off-topic here. Anyone have any ideas? Let's flesh this out until Roberts stains his shorts! :D

Opportunity, my icy friend, opportunity. It is said that Roberts would be happy to revisit WC. If we give him a reason, then he just MIGHT. Now, back to the matter at hand! Any ideas?

It is said that Roberts would be happy to revisit WC. If we give him a reason, then he just MIGHT.
The reason Chris Roberts hasn't lead the production of a WC game recently isn't for a lack of ideas, but because it doesn't belong to him.

I thought it was more about the Origin label being disolved and that they were concentrating more on the Ultima series than him owning the property.

To Manic:

Why shouldn't confed hire mercenaries, often, if your forces are stretched thin it might be the only way to bolster your forces, when the Kilrathi attacked earth, ending the peace treaty, didn't a mercenary element make up part of the defence fleet?
Also, another advantage of hiring mercenaries if the mission went pear-shaped and all ships were lost, confed wouldn't lose any pilots or ships, the mercs would!!!

Confed did hire mercenaries... Grayson Burrows wasn't an exception, it's mentioned in Privateer and RF that they hire them to do (mostly) behind-the-lines work that they can't leave fighter squadrons to focus on.

Thank LOAF, by the way, I have a sketch cartoon I did in a lecture instead of taking notes, (naughty, naughty:D ) where should I send it if the CIC would like it?

thanx! I'll get it scanned and sent in within the week (provided the uni computer network doesn't come crashing down again:mad: )

Back