New game concept(reposted from another thread)

Originally posted by Manic
It's not, but unless someone does something, it may very well be. With each passing week, we lose another avid fan.

Have you ever heard of Unkown Enemy??? or the WCTC for Freespace 2? or do you even know who HCl is???? People ARE doing stuff. You just have to look for it. These people are working hard so that we can continue to enjoy a wonderful game, and they are doing a great job. So dont you dare say that WC is dying. It's more alive now then it ever has been. WC will come back. I gauruntee it. The market is leaning beack toward Space sims again. You just wait, and watch.

Well, Zor... as co-project leader for one of the MOST COMPLETE total conversions of WC EVER( www.wcinvasion.com , currently in the Border Worlds beta and awaiting Wildcat's return for the Kilrathi beta, also known as the final piece of the puzzle, the mod's fourth and final race), I know there are projects out there. The fact is, the bloody series is dying, and it breaks my heart. I grew up with Wing Commander. The first game I ever owned was Wing Commander. And I'll be DAMNED if I let it die.
I know who HCI is. I know what Unknown Enemy is. Wildcat's part of thier project team. The WCTC for Freespace 2 has hit a serious speedbump(turrets). We need a NEW, CORPORATE SPONSORED, Wing Commander game! One for the new generation as well as us old, grisly, hardened gamers! And I do think this concept might suffice to bring the genre back to life!
Why, you ask? Because noone's ever DONE it. It's never been so much as attempted. That's reason enough to draw gamers from across the globe, such as Jumpgate has possibly done for the Privateer(Elite) style game. This has potential. To merely roll over and allow the series to die because someone's "Making a mod for it" ISN'T ENOUGH FOR MY TASTES. Pardon me for being rude and to the point, but I will not go quietly into the night! I WILL see another Wing Commander game before I die!

the last TV show was years ago, LOAF... if memory serves. No offense, but shouldn't a fellow WC zealot be backing me up here? :p I mean, wouldn't you like to see a new WC game out? :D

the last TV show was years ago, LOAF...
Yeah, the last TV show was years ago, wasn't it...
I mean, wouldn't you like to see a new WC game out? :D
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he probably does want to see a new WC game, just not your creepy CAG thing.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Disagree -- series' that are dying don't get TV shows.

They also dont get movies.

besides, i never said it was dying. you did. I personally dont think that it is. Just because no new corporate game has been made doesnt mean that a game is dead. Fans are what make the game. If we had no fans, then it would be dead. But we have fans, tons of them. I agree that we need a new game, a coroporate one. But until the rights are relinquished, or EA decides to make a game, were stuck. I want it as bad as anyone else does. Times are changing and space sims are coming back. It's only a matter of time now. Why do you think that origin never said that they wouldnt make another game. and if i remember correctly, (loaf, you may need to correct me on this) EA would not relenquish the WC rights (or source code, i cant remember wich for sure) because it might hamper their ability to make another WC game in the future, or something along those lines. So, its not dying, just laying in wait. be patient. It's only a matter of time now. Perhaps now or in the near future would be a good time for a petition to EA. Who knows?

The time is near, there will be another.

So, until then, enjoy the fan made stuff, and that will keep the series alive.

That's the second post from you I read that gives me the strong impression that you know something we don't (now, concerning WC that's already a lot, but I mean sth new)... <g>

The movie is ALSO a few years old. (well, a couple)... but we won't get into the movie argument again :p.
And frosty, didn't you say before that you LIKED the CAG idea? Why is it now creepy, because I'm screaming like a little child who isn't getting thier way?
I see the current situation and I'm disheartened by it. Fans who look to the past, not to the future. I give up. noone seems to have any care whatsoever for helping EA/Origin/Roberts get moving on a sequel... therefore I'm going to drop it, and send them an email containing what idea has coalesced so far. Maybe it will work... after all, what's the harm in trying?

And frosty, didn't you say before that you LIKED the CAG idea?
No actually, when I made that statement I was mocking the CAG thing.
I see the current situation and I'm disheartened by it.
Really? I look at it and get really happy. :D
Fans who look to the past, not to the future.
I very much look to the future. I look to it with great anticipation.

Why is it now creepy, because I'm screaming like a little child who isn't getting thier way?

Why when you are getting what you want? :/

Fans who look to the past, not to the future. I give up. noone seems to have any care whatsoever for helping EA/Origin/Roberts get moving on a sequel... therefore I'm going to drop it, and send them an email containing what idea has coalesced so far. Maybe it will work... after all, what's the harm in trying?

That would be redundant....

Well for starters, it's not anything like WC should be. It's an overcomplication. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Back