Milk Run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, kind of the same way Shatner wrote all those Star Trek books? ;)

As for Harcourt being a SF captain, that makes sense, but Stasheff should've made that clear. Oh, well.

As for Forstchen... one of my favorite authors! I'm just sick of seeing Kevin Malady in all of his stories. He's either an engineer in the Lost Regiment, a privateer in Action Stations, or a Marine in Prometheus. :)

Most people here know what I think of Forstchen's writing style (and him shoving *his* political ideals down our collective throats), so I'll restrain myself to saying one thing... Lyford Beverage. How do you come up with a name like Beverage? :)

Well, Forstchen names a lot of his characters after friends and colleagues of his, such as Kevin Malady. Perhaps Lyford Beverage is a friend of his, as well.

Originally posted by Supdon3
DOnt worry about it, End Run was the LAST book i read cause it took me awhile to get it.

end run is the ONLY WC book i have read. oh well, writing keeps me busy while i search used bookstores and garage sales.

Originally posted by Quarto
(and him shoving *his* political ideals down our collective throats)

What an odd thing for someone who is CONSTANTLY DOING THE SAME THING to say.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Oh, I love Forstchen's books -- I find them very compelling... and they still have that pulp quality that make me love WC originally.

As for Freedom Flight being like WC... that's because it was written by Ellen Guon, who did the story for SM2 and WC2.

I thought Mercedes Lackey wrote FF.

My personel favorates are End Run and Action Stations, with False Colors running close behind. Okay, so that's almost all the WC books I've read...I admit. I'm a sucker. I'll buy anything with WC on it. AND I DIDN'T EVEN BUY THE BOOKS! I BORROWED THEM FROM THE LIBRARY! ARGH!!!!!

Eh...sorry 'bout that. :D

try buying them. you might get lucky.

some liberaries will let you buy the books if you claim that they got destroyed. or they would fine you. for a couple it was worth it :)
not

Well my local library doesn't even have ANY WC novels whatsoever. None of the local bookstores have them either! Its just not popular enough in Australia :(

If I'd go into our library here in Germany I won't find them either. So not only Australia has this problem. They're relatively unknown and because of that unpopular. I have to buy them, what I don't really enjoy (I still own only 4 of them).

Originally posted by redwolf
Well my local library doesn't even have ANY WC novels whatsoever. None of the local bookstores have them either! Its just not popular enough in Australia :(

Have you tried getting the bookstores to have them ordered specially for you? That's how I got most of my novels in New Zealand. I found Freedom Flight and the WC movie novelisation on the shelves, and got End Run off the net, but all the others I own (Action Stations, Fleet Action, HOTT, TPOF, False Colours)had to be ordered specially from overseas suppliers. It takes a while, about two to four weeks, but it's well worth it.

Best, Raptor

Now seems as good a time as any to ask...What was that thing about distributing End Run online a year ago?

I wouldnt think so. But I think it had something to do with the book being out of print.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 05-06-2001 at 04:40]

Originally posted by Quarto
(and him shoving *his* political ideals down our collective throats)

You shouldn't have pluralized "throat." The way you said it made it sound like everyone included in your "our" has multiple throats. This, of course, is unlikely.

Allow me to show you the two proper forms of that sentence which you bungled and merged together:

1. (and him shoving *his* political ideals down our throats)
2. (and him shoving *his* political ideals down our collective throat)

People who throw stuff like "collective" into a sentence are generally trying to make themselves come off as witty or clever, but they fail to realize that their constant misuse of such terms actually makes them appear a buffoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back