Milk Run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hum... you do realise, LOAF, that the new rank insignia you chose will drastically change the first impression newbies will have, once they register on the Chat Zone..? :D

I disagree, TrueSilver, I wouldn't mind this country run like Heinlein said. Admittedly, it's excessive and extreme, but sos the murdering of children, terrorism and popular culture. Sex is rampant and over-rated, violence is glorified and becoming humorous to the idle and ignorant masses.

Heinlien knew where we were going in that novel. And, yeah, so he said that Man has no morals when born...it is true, isn't it?

I think he wasn't saying so much about facisim as he was about where the hell ride this country is going to.

...Am I sounding like a WCIV Admiral Tolwyn at all? ;)

Does replacing one flawed system with another really get us anywhere, though? Our current system might not be perfect, but I think it would be better for the people to change it according to their own views and morals than to have those imposed on them from above.

Best, Raptor

Australia *would* have the best system in my opinion if it weren't for a few major factors...

1) Globalisation (read "Americanisation")

2) Social engineers, meddling government departments

3) UN conventions on rights of this and that. Human rights, fine, but rights of a child? You know what it says to children? (Mind you I was a child not long ago) Its says they can do whatever they like, aren't allowed to be physically punished etc.

The problem with most major Western soscieties today is a LACK of physical punishment. Especially in the school and criminal justice system. Many occasional criminals etc I believe would not steal cars and the like if they new they were going to be severly HURT. No one likes pain apart from the one in a million sadists around the place!

I'm sick and tired of people not taking responsibility FOR THE OWN GODDAMN ACTIONS. Not so long ago here we had an Aboriginal kid die in a high speed chase, where he ran into a car and killed the two victims in the other car. He was in a stolen vehicle, travelling at high speeds and on the WRONG side of the highway (which meant crossing a 5 metre median strip). Now there are calls for how he was a troubled youth, etc. I say, nature succeeded where my government failed, capital punishment!

The good thing about Starship Troopers and a Roman form of facism is that it teaches responsibility. However with this system you must avoid the pitfalls that Rome fell upon. The transition from Republic to Empire.

My apologiesto to any Americans, but I included this because it seems to many that America is now the most violent western society in the world. And with John Wayne's reincarnation in the White House, it doesn't look like its going to get better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back