Kilrathi Ship Design

All modern fighters are not even stable (in order to gain maneuvrability) ! But the internal computer make them "flyable".
And I think that Kilrathi have better computers than ours ;)

Just because we dont bother to build fighters where extra computer stablizers are needed doesnt mean their computers are better:)

I don't think that stability in space is even a factor. Maneuverability is mostly based on the way that the thrust is vectored. And for that, a computer is needed.

In any case I'd bet on Confed computers over Kilrathi. That was a major point in WC3 I think it was. Terran's slight technological superiority was slowly giving way to Kilrathi numbers.

Plus the Cats dont even design their own stuff!

It's not an engineering problem...it's an introduced defect. Why? Because stable fighters are less manuverable than unstable ones.

Hey, the Kilrathi always seem to be getting a leg up on us with regards to technology!

1) They have so many damn ships! There's that construction technology for ya.

2) Two words...Goddard Colony. They develop a freakin' superweapon, and we don't! What's the deal?
(Yes, we developed Behemoth...but ours was blown up before we could even the kill count for theirs...)

3) Supercarriers. We don't get some until after the war ends, they attack Earth.

4) Stealth technology...once again, we don't catch up until AFTER the war ends.

Those dirty cats...and to think that in Black and White, the Apes are much smarter than the Tigers... :)

1. Unless they can produce more fighters faster, not just have more construction facilities, its not an better technology

2.I still say the ability to destroy an entire planet is better than destroying a portion of its surface:)

3. Them attacking Earth isnt exactly a defect of the technology (and they did that when?)

4. Good point, but until the cats did it, do we even know if Confed tried?

They still didnt build any of it themselves!

Kilrathi certainly were able to produce "super" or "special" weapons that were either earlier or better than ours (eg stealth fighters, super carriers, the Sivar ect.) Where we had the technological edge though, was in the run of the mill, mass produced fighters and capital ships that fought the vast majority of the battles.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Supdon3
In any case I'd bet on Confed computers over Kilrathi. That was a major point in WC3 I think it was. Terran's slight technological superiority was slowly giving way to Kilrathi numbers.

I think the fact that we got so much of our fleet, our innner colonies, and our industrial base wiped out in Fleet Action might also have had something to do with it. :)

Best, Raptor

But i also think that was a factor through out the war too. The reason for the stalemate for so long was that we had the sturdier tech, ships and fighters. But the Kilrathi were able to produce large numbers of them so things evened out. It was like for every one Confed fighter there were two or three Kilrathi fighters destroyed. Once Confed's ability to produce ships was severly handicapped, and without a fleet size large enough to allow for rebuilding after the Battle of Earth, it was an increasingly fast downward spiral to doom.

Yep. And the reason we were handicapped through the war was that we were unprepared at the start. Given the losses we took then, and the time it takes to build new carriers, it toook till just before the BOT before we were on an even footing with the cats. And then, of course, we threw it away.

Best, Raptor

The Kilrathi have always expended tremendous efforts on 'chancy' technology -- but we've almost always caught up very quickly... our version of the weapon used at Goddard (a far superior military variant) was online within six years of the Sivar's deployment. Our first complete Stealth Fighter prototypes entered service only two years after the Kilrathi... our ship-killer torpedoes, a matter of months later.

War is always the most resourceful time for technology, why should it be different in the WCU.

The Bearcat stealth technology was adapted from the Kilrathi, the torpedoes who can slip past the shields, too and massive carriers from Prophecy are because the latent fear of another menace like the Kilrathi.

Originally posted by Kilroy

The Bearcat stealth technology was adapted from the Kilrathi, the torpedoes who can slip past the shields, too and massive carriers from Prophecy are because the latent fear of another menace like the Kilrathi.

??????????????

Doh! And the moral of the story is, always proof-read your post when you're correcting someone. :)

Best, Raptor

Back