Just how smart is EA? (Secret Ops question)

No, no, they're not evolved at all... they're just a tool of the Pilgrims <G> (We know they're a tool of *something*...).

Or perhaps the bugs are testing us, and if we defeat them we're invited to join this aligned races thing... and then we face a far superior enemy of some sort <G>

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, no, they're not evolved at all... they're just a tool of the Pilgrims <G> (We know they're a tool of *something*...).

Or perhaps the bugs are testing us, and if we defeat them we're invited to join this aligned races thing... and then we face a far superior enemy of some sort <G>

The Steltek? Now that would be one heck of an intergalactic conflict!

RFB

Well... I didn't touch the Steltek for two reasons...

- The ICIS manual already ruled them out as being behind all this.
- I absolutely love the idea of a race of aliens that gave up all of their amazing technology for a simpler lifestype <G>

I'd *love* to hear more about them... but I don't want to see them as aggressors.

Ya I think that a new game should bring back the Steltek. They were still around during Privateer, just living somewhere quietly. Oh boy, I can see it now, a huge fleet of green eggs! It shure would be a neat game.

RFB

Thats true, since they gave up all that power for simpler living. Still it would be a very interesting story and game!

RFB

Oh, no no no no no, LOAF, you misunderstand. I didn't mean for them to be involved this time, I meant a game that went deeper than Priv into their history. Perhaps a game that was the confeds in the gemini sector and one of them was doing research on Grayson's gun and came across a lot more info, somehow contacted the scout, whatever.

That too, but I was just making an example. Perhaps a novel would be a better idea...

Or instead...

The bugs had discovered old steltek technology as well, so the Confed needed to find more information themselves. Perhaps a Prophecy era game that brought back a well aged Grayson to consult on it, they did the research, etc. The bugs are fighting to prevent us from finding the data, blah blah. Someone comes across another fragment of the relic originally discovered, and adventure ensues. The Steltek are left untouched as per their storyline, the bugs just made like grayson and came across something powerful. Only somehow they had the ability to duplicate it.

Grayson wouldn't be that much older in Prophecy <G>

Anyway... what if the bugs are *already* using Steltek technology (they *do* have those green guns...) -- the Steltek are *against* this sort of thing... they only let Burrows have the gun because it prevented a greater amount of their technology from being available.

So... if the 'Bugs are using Stel-tech (*rimshot*), then the Steltek would certainly want to stop them, too -- using their typical method of the least them-involved way possible...

And that's where we come in!

Or also interesting (I might have to go on a minor fan fic binge to get all of this out of my system), the Super Pilgrims were invited by the Steltek to join them in a peaceful existance, but the Pilgrims eventually saw what the bugs were doing, stepped up to help us stop them and were cast out by the Steltek for interfering or whatever.

I don't think the super-Pilgrims would help us... and they're located in the opposite direction of the Steltek <G>

Ah, posted before I got to read your last.

Fine, screw the pilgrims, the Steltek suddenly has big fleets and come in to whoop ass. WC7, player gets to be Blair flying Steltek ships (so he really was just missing and not dead) they they put together at the last minute because they were tired of the bugs being such losers.

Grayson wouldn't be that much older in Prophecy <G>

Anyway... what if the bugs are *already* using Steltek technology (they *do* have those green guns...) -- the Steltek are *against* this sort of thing... they only let Burrows have the gun because it prevented a greater amount of their technology from being available.

So... if the 'Bugs are using Stel-tech (*rimshot*), then the Steltek would certainly want to stop them, too -- using their typical method of the least them-involved way possible...

And that's where we come in!

ALRIGHT!! More green eggs to fry!! :D More mayhem!!

RFB

Hey, interesting ideas with the Pilgrim/Nephilim/Steltek thing... uh oh, could turn sour with some fanfic. :)

There are several Bondarevsky related stories that could still be told...
- Confed/Landreich war, post-FC.
Hey, is that after WC3? That might actually be useful for a game, since I have no idea about the Landreich.

Just keep NeoDevilBane the hell away from this thread:)

Also, just keep NeoDevilBane away from live-giving Oxygen.

The FC and post WC novels would all be after WC3, yes.

Mmm... I guess I don't want to know who this NeoDevilBane character is, or what fanfic he wrote :).

Back