Just how smart is EA? (Secret Ops question)

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
I've been playing Secret Ops lately, and I've noticed one thing: Lance Casey says NOTHING except for the general comms. So, my question is this:

Why didn't EA do the SMART thing and just bring over Petrarca's sound bytes from WCP? Did he have some sort of license against them or something? It just seems kind of stupid to me to have Casey never say anything, and then not bring the original voice from WCP into SO. Maybe there's some way to hack the original voices in... hehe. Maybe not.

They may have not been able to get the original voices due to some weird schedule thing or the original Casey wouldnt do it for free or they (EA) could not afford to have his voice overs. I thought it was strange also. They have Zero in SO, they have Meistro in SO, they have Stilletto in SO, but not the original Casey, unless his voice changed that drastically!

RFBurns

I think in one of the threads here it is mentioned that Casey's actor wanted more money to do some speaking and EA/OS denied it to him.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
In the time between Prophecy and Secret Ops, Casey went through puberty.

LOL!! I figured it was something like that. Boy does puberty change the voice!! :D

RFBurns

They would have had to pay Petraca the same amount of money they did for WCP to use his voice in SO, apparently.

Mark Hamill should have been used more in the WC Movie and you know it. At least then, it might have had a couple of redeeming qualities. (other than the title) The first rule of the entertainment industry is, "Give the public what they want."

No, you definately do *not* want him to have been used more...:) Roberts removing Merlin the little-AI-man from the movie was a *very very good* thing!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, you definately do *not* want him to have been used more...:) Roberts removing Merlin the little-AI-man from the movie was a *very very good* thing!

Could you explain that to me Loaf ? Was merlin anything else than a compuetr voice in the original script?

Originally (and in the novel, too) Merlin was a tiny little 3D man who provided exposition <G> This was really, really lame, so Roberts had him cut from the movie -- no small task, since Merlin was in almost every scene with Blair, and explained important plot points.

You know, these are things that if it had been done right, should have been on the DVD. All the Pilgrim traitor scenes too.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
They *did* use Hamill's voice in the movie... he's Blair's computer system.

Although I have not seen this movie yet (soon tho my DVD is on its way!) I wondered why Hamill wasnt in it. In fact I wondered why none of the familiar actors we know were not in the movie. Is there any chance of a second movie?

RFBurns

Back