Is Palpatine Darth Sidious?

I'd just like to point out that there was no use of Muppets in the Star Wars Trilogy. Muppets are furry puppets with cartoon personailties. Like it or not, ever single anamatronic character or puppet has some complicated backstory, and they're simply NOT Muppets.

Anyone trying to compare Yoda with Kermit the Frog is bringing great dishonor to the venerable Jedi Master. Props for Kermit and all, but he's just a green sock with glued-on eyeballs in comparison to the Man.

And besides, if we still had puppets, think about how much stupider the Yoda fight scene would have been. Perhaps even more entertaining however. :)

Mav23 said:
And besides, if we still had puppets, think about how much stupider the Yoda fight scene would have been.

Wait, it could've been stupider?

I liked the yoda fight. That's the most cheering I ever heard in a theater. Well, maybe surpassed by the opening credits of Episode 1 on the first day of release. Toy lightsabers all over the place.

i for one was on the edge of my seat in the yoda scene, possibly the best scene ever made for a starwars movie.

the maul fight definetly lifted Ep1 to a higher ground, it made the movie in itself 3 times better, i used to get boared with the old saber fights.

muppets are slang for what i term animatic puppets, its just easier to say

Frank Oz (Yoda) did the voices for a lot of the Muppets (Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal and Sam the Eagle)

Lord_Nathrakh said:
Mare slang for what i term animatic puppets, its just easier to say

None of the muppets are anamatronic though, they're all old school puppetry.

Sam The Eagle is probably my favorite character after the Hecklers on the park bench.

I thought it was Mad Puppets, or Manic Puppets, or something.

As to the EpII fight scene. I thought it was overdone, sure it's fancy, but it didn't have the power of the Bespin duel or the DSII one. That was swordsmanship, especiall in Jedi, where the battle is a real match, rather than a clumsy idiot vs a master.

Also Jedi has the mental and emotional battle.

The Yoda scene is impressive but only because Yoda bounces around really fast. The whole thing lasts what, a minute, you see no emotional conflict, there's no comunication, there's no suspence.

As soon as Yoda starts spinning you know who's going to win. No drama.

It was a crowd pleasing scene, just like the ones in Reloaded.

How about the duel between Anakin and Dooku, where you see the stress on Anakin's face, compared with the calm and total non effort from Dooku.

Not that the scene is crap, it's just not the best fight scene.

Reloaded tried to be more than it ended up by using philosophy and higher reasoning than identifiable characterizations and some lighter dialouge scenes.

Episode II was just very badly written.

Slight difference there.

yeah, yet another example on why lucas shouldnt be directing these new movies he needs to learn humility and realise hes lost the plot.......literally

Actually, Lucas has the makings of a brilliant SW movie in both the basic prequel scripts: the arrogance and ultimate rotting out of the Jedi, Obi-Wan's single hubris as a Jedi, Qui-Gon's ego which singularly lead to the downfall of the Republic, the "devil telling the truth" of Tyrannus to Obi-Wan. Everything is there, and even if the script was terrible, the movie could've been great ala ANH. Thing is, his wife wasn't there this time to hold his hand through the editing phase.

LeHah said:
Actually, Lucas has the makings of a brilliant SW movie in both the basic prequel scripts: the arrogance and ultimate rotting out of the Jedi, Obi-Wan's single hubris as a Jedi, Qui-Gon's ego which singularly lead to the downfall of the Republic, the "devil telling the truth" of Tyrannus to Obi-Wan. Everything is there, and even if the script was terrible, the movie could've been great ala ANH. Thing is, his wife wasn't there this time to hold his hand through the editing phase.

Good point, although I always like to point out how it is Jar Jar's fault the Republic fell because he gave Palpatine total control over the Republic, allowing him to build the army, etc. Yet again, Jar Jar is the root of all evil ;).

If you think about it, Lucas's manipulation of Jar Jar is brilliant. No one liked him in Episode 1 so he gave the audience a legit reason to hate him. On top of that, Jar Jar remained extremely innocent in both movies.

the funny thing is that lucas wanted jar ajr to be a likable charecter....... another example of his abilty to not direct a movive to the quality it should have been

It is the quality it should've been, otherwise Lucas would've changed it.

LeHah said:
If you think about it, Lucas's manipulation of Jar Jar is brilliant. No one liked him in Episode 1 so he gave the audience a legit reason to hate him. On top of that, Jar Jar remained extremely innocent in both movies.

I think the fact that Jar Jar was stupid, annoying, and pointless is a legit reason enough to hate him. :p I see your point however, and agree.

ChanceKell said:
...Muppets are furry puppets with cartoon personailties...

Anyone trying to compare Yoda with Kermit the Frog is bringing great dishonor to the venerable Jedi Master. Props for Kermit and all, but he's just a green sock with glued-on eyeballs in comparison to the Man.
1) Ernie & Bert aren't furry...

2) Yoda has the green-ness of Oscar the Grouch, the voice of Grover, and the Zen of the Dalai Lama. Weird combo, but hey, it works...
:D

BattleDog said:
You knew Lucas had lost it when Greedo got a shot off in ANH SE.

Oh god how I hate that. Basically it says the only reason Han (my favorite SW character ever) is still alive is because Greedo is the worst marksman in the universe. I really hope they change it back to it's original state when they re-re-release the films (the "ultimate editions" I guess they'll be).

Lucas has already stated emphaticly that he's only releasing the Special Editions to DVD. Now, normally I'd say this is a load of garbage, but Lucas isn't known to give into fan demands much.

If this IS the case however, I'm not buying it. It's not so much that the new stuff is *all* bad, but it interrupts my childhood memories. Though that Pirannah Plant inside the Sarlacc pisses me off to no end.

Some fun little odds and ends cut from the original trilogy can be found here: http://starwarz.com/tbone/cut_scenes/ep5/

Back