Is Palpatine Darth Sidious?

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
I thought he meant that he wouldn't be releasing the original editions to DVD. That doesn't mean that only the Special Editions will show up. I was under the impression (thanks to The Digital Bits and Upcomingmovies.com) that there would be an even more revised edition of each original film designed to incorporate things from the prequel trilogy into them to better connect them. In this case, I think they should change the Han scene back. It was stupid and even worse, it looked stupid.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
If it didn't look so freaking terrible, it would almost be cool. Greedo trying to be intimidating and making Han flinch is a neat idea, but it just... its bad. BAD.

My major distaste in the Special Editions is that Lucas added footage to two movies he didn't direct. Yes, they are his trilogy and whatnot, but Ivan Kerschner is still alive last time I checked. Couldn't you ask him? Added the famous unused Wampa scenes?

I heard that "new inserts" rumor too, but am somewhat skeptical. Don't know why exactly, as Lucas continuously nips and tucks the trilogy over and over.
 

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
Yeah I'm not really skeptical about it. On upcomingmovies it was said that Lucasfilm confirmed that Jimmy Smitts was doing an Alderaan scene to place into Episode IV when the planet is destroyed. It's always possible that this is merely a rumor, but I'm quite open to the idea, actually. I just think that the original trilogy in it's first form should be available on DVD too due to the original trilogy purists who would like to see the films they remember presented in the highest picture/sound quality we have.
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
LeHah said:
Lucas has already stated emphaticly that he's only releasing the Special Editions to DVD. Now, normally I'd say this is a load of garbage, but Lucas isn't known to give into fan demands much.
Yeah... a statement that caused the laserdisc edition of the original films to shoot up in price (at places like eBay, that is, since it's not available commercially any more).
 
For starters lucas should have released the original edition box set when he started making the first episodes, i know it makes sence to release them in order of story.......still its all about money for him.....hes gonna make a mint off this and doesnt give a fuck what his fans think.

i for one have lost totall respect for GL
 

Hobbie

Spaceman
Mav23 said:
Yeah I'm not really skeptical about it. On upcomingmovies it was said that Lucasfilm confirmed that Jimmy Smitts was doing an Alderaan scene to place into Episode IV when the planet is destroyed. It's always possible that this is merely a rumor, but I'm quite open to the idea, actually. I just think that the original trilogy in it's first form should be available on DVD too due to the original trilogy purists who would like to see the films they remember presented in the highest picture/sound quality we have.

Well, the idea of adding new footage to the old trilogy, is OK I guess, as long as he doesn't go overboard. For instance, another rumor is that Natalie Portman is going to film a scene for RotJ. Now, even though I don't mind seeing more Natalie Portman ;), this isn't the best idea in my opinion.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Lord_Nathrakh said:
For starters lucas should have released the original edition box set when he started making the first episodes, i know it makes sence to release them in order of story.......still its all about money for him.....hes gonna make a mint off this and doesnt give a fuck what his fans think.

i for one have lost totall respect for GL
He released a boxed VHS set that was all over TV and Corn Pops for two years.
 

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
Hobbie said:
Well, the idea of adding new footage to the old trilogy, is OK I guess, as long as he doesn't go overboard. For instance, another rumor is that Natalie Portman is going to film a scene for RotJ. Now, even though I don't mind seeing more Natalie Portman ;), this isn't the best idea in my opinion.
It's odd. I heard that THAT scene wouldn't be filmed, but that the Smitts scene would. So maybe it's just all BS afterall.
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Hobbie said:
Well, the idea of adding new footage to the old trilogy, is OK I guess, as long as he doesn't go overboard. For instance, another rumor is that Natalie Portman is going to film a scene for RotJ. Now, even though I don't mind seeing more Natalie Portman ;), this isn't the best idea in my opinion.
Hey, look, at least they're not digitally replacing the whole cast with ewoks :).
 

ChanceKell

Rear Admiral
I know there's been a lot of talk of a Bail Organa scene in Episode IV, but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed. I do know, however, that John Williams will be doing a lot of the score of the trilogy over. I read an interview with him when Episode II came out about he wished he had the Imperial March in his mind when he wrote out ANH, along with many other of the themes of the Saga. He said that he was happy to be able to reincorporate the tunes into parts of the "Ultimate Edition."
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Incorrect. Williams was already asked to redo music for Star Wars Special Edition and add such material as the Imperial March. Basicly, he said "If it's not broke, don't fix it." and it's been left at that.
 

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
Darn, it would be cool. I have a feeling that Lucas could change his mind, seeing as he wants so much to connect the two trilogies as best as possible.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
The inclusion of the Force theme and the Emperor's Theme in the prequels and the Imperial March in Episode 2 show that Williams is bridging the gap from past to present rather nicely.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Lucas is doing just fine without help from the likes of you, thank you very much.
 

ChanceKell

Rear Admiral
Actually, I think Lucas is bridging the gap quite nicely. Episode I laid in a good base with the corruption of the Republic Senate and showed what the galaxy was like before the Empire. Episode II showed to those who paid attention to backstory the deteriorating social conditions in the galaxy (transportation of refugees, capitalist factions revolting), as well began the transformation of the galaxy into a peaceful, art-filled universe into a war-torn, industrial machine. By the way things are going, it doesn't seem too difficult for Lucas to bridge the gap in Episode III to the dark, yet hopeful, galaxy we've known for 26 years.

I think the fans are disappointed because Lucas is bridging the gap in ways the fans weren't expecting. I remember that everyone knew that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother, and that's why he gave Luke to him and Beru. I also remember how everyone knew that Obi-Wan was under the personal tutalage of Yoda until he reached Knighthood. I also remember that everyone knew that Boba Fett's real name is Jaster Merell. How disappointed those who knew so much were once they saw the Prequels.

I would think that if the movies came out in sequential order, nobody would have a problem with the storyline (dialog and acting is another matter...), but it's because of these preconceptions of what happened that built up over the decade and a half between trilogies are being thrown away with the prequels is why the fans dislike the new episodes. Fans should remember that although they made the Star Wars saga go on, it was Lucas who came up with the master plan. It is his vision, and he has the right to change whatever he wants.
 
thats just the thing though........its general knowledge about what hapesn to the stroy after ep 3 but if it wasnt the story would be a huge contridiction in itself........wait....it alrdy is.

ill admit i liked the movies but they didnt give me the feeling of the first 3 episodes when i watched them, they dont have what the first ones did, and for the most part i blame lucas and his insecant CG FETISH hes doing it just to proove he can its not driving the story forward in the slightest, and it looks to....................sterill
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Lord_Nathrakh said:
ill admit i liked the movies but they didnt give me the feeling of the first 3 episodes when i watched them
If you expected them to, you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were.
 
Top