I can't say that I agree with their conclusion

Well they ignore the Pilgrim powers of Blair. He aint a simple human when it comes to flying skill either.
Regarding the shield debate - one should probably compare how the shields fare under environmental surroundings - like getting close to the sun, close to an exploding planet,...
Personally I don't see Blair loosing unless Luke could pull of some mind control trick in space.

blair dont have any kind of pilgrim in the game only th movie, and what can jedi powers do in a dogfight nothing, i say that a wat vetran with (i dont know ten-twenty year) of experince beat a noob, even a very good noob.

I'm pretty sure the Blair in the movie is the same character as the Blair in the games, and that they therefore share the same backstory.

Ok. As much as I hate this kind of crossover univers stuff, I would have to agree with the article. At least in his later years portrayed in the books, the Jedi powers could do miracles during a dogfight.

I do have an objection to the thought that X-Wing are weak. After all, if you take the X-Wing and X-Wing Alliance X-Wings, they can take quite a bit of damage.

Give me a break. Luke Skywalker is a moisture farmer with *one* combat mission under his belt.

Blair is a professional fighter pilot with hundreds of missions who quit his day job to become a moisture farmer.

sea_monkey said:
Give me a break. Luke Skywalker is a moisture farmer with *one* combat mission under his belt.

Blair is a professional fighter pilot with hundreds of missions who quit his day job to become a moisture farmer.

Hear! hear! Couldent agree more!

I would have to say the the Excalibur is a vastly superior ship and Blair can take on slews of enemy fighters at a time. Also as a Jedi, Skywalker would not be able to utilize the force to kill someone otherwise he would be crossing over to the Dark Side of the force like his father. Vader used to force to kill his enemies before he was even a Dark Lord and it paced the road to his eventual crossover. As far as the X-wing, it doesn't have autoslide capabilities or tachyon cannons both which give the Excal a huge advantage. It probobly isnt as fast as the Ecal as well. I would have to say that the article is questionable in its conclusions as well.

well, I think that not only the Excaliber can take alot more damage the the Xwing, she could also dish a lot more damage and on top of all, can fly circles around the Xwing.

I also think Blair is the better pilot, "voodoo" powers or not :D

sea_monkey said:

Uhh, .... so is Blair.
Well he is actually regular framer, but in farming... well, Luke would kick his ass every day.

Alas, every guy and his line of work :D

Don't forget the Excalibur has 12 missiles to the pantywaist X-wing's none. :cool:

The X-wing has missiles they are just torpedoes, I think they have like 12 in dual launchers. Luke fought more than 1 combat mission, they just never showed any of them. He and wedge antilles formed rogue squadron between episodes 4 and 5, they were like 2 years apart. I am sure Luke just happened to sit on his tail for those two years not doing anything.

And remember Jedi can see things before they happen, pretty handy to have when you want to dodge attacks.

X-wing stats are hard to get for speed, have they ever been documented. Hyperspace is a hell of a lot faster though, the Empire is huge, a thousand thousand worlds or something. According to some of the stuff I have (not sure what is canon or not with some of it), it places the falcon at crossing the galaxy in a few months. That is what you get sometimes in a fantasy story in a Sci-Fi world lol.

Not that I am knocking Blair, you shoot down hundreds of enemy fighters during the games. All in all it is a pretty biased comparision, SW and WC fans are pretty fanatical (not as bad as trekkers though), and will stick with there heroes.

At least Blair isn't a whiney bitch though lol.

Bah, everyone in his right mind knows that R2D2 beats Maniac anyday.
We have to consider how would the Trashbot fare against the Midway, though. Trashbots are tough... Mean bastards. Anyway, I'd vote for the Twilek Dancer as the ultimate Behemoth killer.

Last I heard, jabba just purchased a couple Bantkaras for his winter garden.

Ever notice Twi'leks are ugly and/or fat, and the girls are all skinny and hot.

I was going to ask a question about WC vs. ST but I realized that I didn't want to sound like a 14 year old. Glad I caught that one before I made an ass out of myself.

Back